PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Sighting

Duke1994
06-15-2017, 09:30 AM
A buddy of mine claims to have seen Grayson walking down the street in Greenwich Village (NYC) last night. Said he looked great. Any idea what he's doing in NYC?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
06-15-2017, 09:31 AM
A buddy of mine claims to have seen Grayson walking down the street in Greenwich Village (NYC) last night. Said he looked great. Any idea what he's doing in NYC?

Nah, man. Your friend is just trippin.

/ducks

atoomer0881
06-15-2017, 09:35 AM
Nah, man. Your friend is just trippin.

/ducks

Pics or it didn't happen haha :D

CrazyNotCrazie
06-15-2017, 09:45 AM

Sure it wasn't Ted Cruz? There are lots of people with his political beliefs in that area!

FadedTackyShirt
06-15-2017, 09:51 AM

Did he have a Chinese menu in his hand? How was his hair?

flyingdutchdevil
06-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Sure it wasn't Ted Cruz? There are lots of people with his political beliefs in that area!

Ted Cruz doesn't fit the description of 'he's looking great'

BLPOG
06-15-2017, 10:01 AM

Well, there was half an inch of rain (https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KLGA/2017/6/14/DailyHistory.html?req_city=&req_state=&req_statename=&reqdb.zip=&reqdb.magic=&reqdb.wmo=).

But the nearest Trader Vic's is in Atlanta.

Who knows what that implies for his hair?

Spanarkel
06-15-2017, 12:08 PM

http://gvshp.org/blog/2012/08/29/few-republicans-one-big-political-paradox-in-the-village/

Gist: "Most of the Village has a markedly low percentage of registered Republican voters."

UrinalCake
06-15-2017, 03:28 PM
Any idea what your friend meant by "looked great"? Like did he look like he'd gotten stronger, or taller? Or just a general statement about his attractiveness and/or demeanor?

CrazyNotCrazie
06-15-2017, 03:55 PM
http://gvshp.org/blog/2012/08/29/few-republicans-one-big-political-paradox-in-the-village/

Gist: "Most of the Village has a markedly low percentage of registered Republican voters."

I know - I was being sarcastic. I live a few miles from there in an equally non-Republican neighborhood.

DukeFanSince1990
06-15-2017, 04:47 PM
Ironically I know the people who live across the street from Grayson's parents in Jacksonville. He was in his parents driveway shooting around last week. No joke.

duke4ever19
06-15-2017, 05:51 PM
Ironically I know the people who live across the street from Grayson's parents in Jacksonville. He was in his parents driveway shooting around last week. No joke.

I was there.

Me and some of the other neighborhood kids came around after supper and rang the doorbell to ask if Grayson could come out to play. "Not until he cleans his plate." his mom said.

My friend Billy yelled into the house "Hurry the heck up, Grayson! It's gonna be dark soon."

"Mom, can't I go now?" I heard Grayson complain.

"Well . . . fine, but I want to see you eat two more bites of your lasagna."

"Thanks Mom!"

His mom was nice enough to give us some Fla-vor-ice pops while we waited on the porch . . . I had the last grape flavored pop, but I cut the side of my mouth on the plastic packaging. I like to crush up the pops in the plastic and then wait a minute before opening it. The crushed ice has the consistency of a snow-cone if you do that and I love snow-cones.

A few minutes later Grayson came out and we played until dark.

DukeFanSince1990
06-15-2017, 05:56 PM
I was there.

Me and some of the other neighborhood kids came around after supper and rang the doorbell to ask if Grayson could come out to play. "Not until he cleans his plate." his mom said.

My friend Billy yelled into the house "Hurry the heck up, Grayson! It's gonna be dark soon."

"Mom, can't I go now?" I heard Grayson complain.

"Well . . . fine, but I want to see you eat two more bites of your lasagna."

"Thanks Mom!"

His mom was nice enough to give us some Fla-vor-ice pops while we waited on the porch . . . I had the last grape flavored pop, but I cut the side of my mouth on the plastic packaging. I like to crush up the pops in the plastic and then wait a minute before opening it. The crushed ice has the consistency of a snow-cone if you do that and I love snow-cones.

A few minutes later Grayson came out and we played until dark.

How dare you ruin my 6 degrees moment? :)

ChemGod
06-15-2017, 06:00 PM

His hair was perfect...

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-15-2017, 08:55 PM

I just don't see the Ted Cruz thing at all.

Jeremy Renner however is a spitting image.

flyingdutchdevil
06-15-2017, 09:08 PM

Then you are the only one who doesn't see the Ted Cruz thing. It's weirdly uncanny

duke4ever19
06-15-2017, 09:17 PM

Wow. Hadn't thought of that. Pretty good likeness.

I agree that the Ted Cruz comparison is a stretch, at least for me. I wouldn't have thought of it had it not made the rounds on the internet.

I think the Cruz/Allen comparison is made more compelling to folks by the fact that there are large groups of people that find both guys particularly unlikable.

To fend off any misunderstanding: I'm not saying Allen and Cruz are the same type of person or that they both equally deserve their reputation etc. I'm merely pointing out the public perception and reception of both people is that -- apart from their particular fan bases -- they aren't, shall we say, "well received." Hopefully that's not crossing the political line, because that's not my intention.

Truth&Justise
06-16-2017, 04:30 PM

I had friends who called him "Hawkeye" for this reason when he was a freshman. It didn't stick.