PDA

View Full Version : All is Well With Imagepro- and THANKS DBR

imagepro
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
OK, first i hope you will not move this to the infraction thread, and let me say something HERE...

First ,Boswell was right. We did have a positive e-mail exchange. Julian and Boswell for that matter. I have much respect for them as a result. Even people I have differed with on occasion contacted me and stressed their concerns. Jumbo, Fish, Bob Green, CMS and more. I truly appreciate it, and learned from them and appreciate their comments.

A couple have asked why I was banned. To be quite honest, I was never advised as to why this occured. Nor was I told who administered the ban. It would have been nice to have been told, as I never used profanity, didn't slander or call names etc. It's of little consequence however, as the duration was short, and the admin made a quick retraction. A decision much appreciated. Oh, I survived before joining DBR, and would have survived without it. But I think I would have missed some fun, and not made friends as I have now. And to think, I thought they were enemies. Hardly...

This is a great outlet for us to express views, and sometimes even vent. Maybe more than we should. Guilty as charged here on occasion! But thanks DBR for the venue. To quote a highly visible DUKE figure, it's a great spot for "comic relief". And that's not meant as an insult. DBR is getting better by quantum leaps. A lot of effort is being put into it, not just for the "owners", but for the members as well.

While I have differed with the views of a few members , I still value their opinion and enjoy reading what they have to say. Sometimes I get mad, sometimes I go "hey, that guy knows the game!" After considering others thoughts I have changed views on occasion, and remained stubborn as an old goat on others.

I am passionate about DUKE. For many many years. I won't apologize for that. And you know, I look forward to argueing with Jumbo, AllenMurray, Fish and others. But I'm their friend too.......

tombrady
03-07-2007, 09:21 PM
who's up for a round 2?

Fish80
03-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Up for a discussion on playing time? Oh no!

Seriously. I've spent a bit of time playing with lineups just for fun. I wanted to see if I could come up with substitution patterns using an 8 man rotation that would give everyone 25 minutes. It was harder than I had thought. All this is predicated on getting a little bit of a working margin so that we can substitute in more liberally. If anybody is interested I can post what I came up with.

imagepro
03-07-2007, 09:44 PM
What did you come up with Fish? I'd LOVE to see it, for real!

Fish80
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Okay, here's a chart by minute:

Half Minute Point Two Three Four Big
1 20 Greg Jon DeMarcus Dave Josh
1 19 Greg Jon DeMarcus Dave Josh
1 18 Greg Jon DeMarcus Dave Josh
1 17 Greg Jon DeMarcus Dave Brian
1 16 Greg Jon Marty Lance Brian
1 15 Greg Jon Marty Lance Brian
1 14 Greg DeMarcus Marty Lance Josh
1 13 Greg DeMarcus Marty Lance Josh
1 12 Jon DeMarcus Marty Josh Brian
1 11 Jon DeMarcus Dave Lance Brian
1 10 Jon DeMarcus Dave Lance Brian
1 9 Jon DeMarcus Marty Lance Brian
1 8 Jon DeMarcus Marty Dave Josh
1 7 Greg DeMarcus Marty Dave Josh
1 6 Greg DeMarcus Marty Dave Josh
1 5 Greg Jon Marty Lance Josh
1 4 Greg Jon Marty Lance Brian
1 3 Greg Jon Dave Lance Brian
1 2 Greg Jon Dave Josh Brian
1 1 Greg DeMarcus Dave Josh Brian
2 20 Greg DeMarcus Dave Lance Josh
2 19 Greg DeMarcus Dave Lance Josh
2 18 Greg DeMarcus Dave Lance Josh
2 17 Greg DeMarcus Marty Lance Brian
2 16 Jon Marty Dave Josh Brian
2 15 Jon Marty Dave Josh Brian
2 14 Jon Marty Dave Josh Brian
2 13 Jon DeMarcus Lance Josh Brian
2 12 Greg DeMarcus Marty Lance Josh
2 11 Greg DeMarcus Marty Lance Brian
2 10 Greg Marty Dave Lance Brian
2 9 Greg Marty Dave Lance Brian
2 8 Jon Marty Dave Josh Brian
2 7 Jon DeMarcus Dave Josh Brian
2 6 Jon DeMarcus Marty Lance Josh
2 5 Jon DeMarcus Marty Lance Josh
2 4 Greg DeMarcus Lance Josh Brian
2 3 Greg Marty Dave Lance Brian
2 2 Jon Marty Dave Lance Brian
2 1 Jon Marty Dave Lance Brian

Summary:
Player 1st Half 2nd Half

Greg 15 10
Jon 15 10
DeMarcus 14 11
Marty 11 14
Dave 12 13
Lance 10 15
Josh 12 13
Brian 11 14

Fish80
03-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry, lost all the formatting when I posted it. Easier to read in a table format. Maybe there's a way to post it and keep the formatting?

imagepro
03-07-2007, 10:23 PM
And I like it. Would be hard to do of course, but would be sweet if we could. That took some effort. Thanks. Maybe we need you on the bench to track and do substitutions!

Fish80
03-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Does K make all of those decisions all of the time, or does he let Johnny D or Wojo make some substitions? It's not always clear to me who is making the call. At times it does look like Wojo will look down the bench and tell someone they're going in.

gep
03-07-2007, 11:19 PM
But... isn't at least some of the substitutions based on matchups on the court at the time? If so, I can see any well-planned scheme go bonkers in some situations...

CMS2478
03-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Nice to have you back ImagePro!!!

Carter431
03-08-2007, 10:59 AM
But... isn't at least some of the substitutions based on matchups on the court at the time? If so, I can see any well-planned scheme go bonkers in some situations...

You are exactly right. When the opponent's big man is out, we use that opportunity to get Josh a break. Just like when a team decides to play small ball, do we do the same or do we keep in our bigs and feed the post on offense? In theory it is a great idea to break up the playing time by time slots but when it comes to actually applying it in the real game, it is practically impossible unless you are coaching rec. league 7 year olds.