PDA

View Full Version : JJ Redick interview on Pete Holmes' podcast

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-12-2017, 02:38 PM
Comedian Pete Holmes (HBO's Crashing) interviewed JJ on a recent podcast. It's totally weird but worth a listen... not your normal athlete interview.

As a fan of both guys, this was a unique synergy I had to hear.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/you-made-it-weird-with-pete-holmes/id475878118?mt=2&i=1000386251200

Im sure there's another link for non iTunes folks

atoomer0881
06-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Comedian Pete Holmes (HBO's Crashing) interviewed JJ on a recent podcast. It's totally weird but worth a listen... not your normal athlete interview.

As a fan of both guys, this was a unique synergy I had to hear.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/you-made-it-weird-with-pete-holmes/id475878118?mt=2&i=1000386251200

Im sure there's another link for non iTunes folks

Thanks for sharing!!! I wonder if this originated when they were on the Late Late Show together. Wondering when JJ's podcast is going to start up again.

HaveFunExpectToWin
06-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Thanks for sharing!!! I wonder if this originated when they were on the Late Late Show together. Wondering when JJ's podcast is going to start up again.

Yeah, they brought up the Corden appearance.

One interesting story that I'm not sure I'd ever heard before, JJ was close to quitting basketball during his sophomore year. He figured things out with some therapy and refocused. Glad it worked out.

atoomer0881
06-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Yeah, they brought up the Corden appearance.

One interesting story that I'm not sure I'd ever heard before, JJ was close to quitting basketball during his sophomore year. He figured things out with some therapy and refocused. Glad it worked out.

I do recall that after JJ's sophomore year, Coach K sat down with him and basically asked him what he wanted out of Duke. Did he want to be a frat boy who drank and went to parties, or did he want to dedicate himself to the game. I know that summer he started getting into shape and turned in a stellar junior season and then the NPOY All-American senior season we all remember and love. So while I knew he had a sort of intervention after his sophomore year, I guess I didn't realize how close to quitting he was!