PDA

View Full Version : NCAA APR Report

JasonEvans
05-10-2017, 04:35 PM
The NCAA has released the annual Academic Progress Rate report (https://web3.ncaa.org/aprsearch/aprsearch)on every school in every sport. The latest data is for the 2015-16 school year.

Duke men's hoops scores a 990 this year, 5th best in the ACC. Props to Clemson, Syracuse, and Louisville for each posting a perfect 1000. UNC had a 985, though I don't know how you figure the number for a school that engaged in more than 20 years of systematic cheating to push athletes through school without even attempting to educate them. I sorta think you just default Carolina to 0 for the next 20 years or until they can prove they are actually bothering to send their athletes to class and teach them something.

Duke's football team leads the ACC with a 992. Props to Clemson for being a national title contender and still scoring a 980 (4th best in the ACC).

Also want to recognize the folowing Duke teams that all scored a perfect 1000 -

Men's Fencing
Men's Golf
Women's Cross Country
Women's Fencing
Women's Golf
Women's Lacrosse
Women's Soccer
Women's Track
Women's Volleyball

-Jason "I think the Graduation Success Rate numbers are also out... it is seen as a better measure as it does not penalize programs when players leave in good academic standing to transfer or turn pro" Evans

BigWayne
05-10-2017, 06:19 PM
-Jason "I think the Graduation Success Rate numbers are also out... it is seen as a better measure as it does not penalize programs when players leave in good academic standing to transfer or turn pro" Evans

APR does not penalize for going pro in good academic standing. The problem is that a lot of guys that go to the NBA draft will bail on classes in their final semester and not be in good standing when they leave.

I do think UNC has their guys in classes now, albeit hyped up on Adderall with a tutor virtually tethered to them.