PDA

View Full Version : Duke Fantasy Team 2014-17

BG05
04-29-2017, 06:35 PM
I was just batting this around and thought it might be fun for all. Suppose everyone had stayed through 2017 -- we'd have had Parker, Okafor, Winslow, Jones, Ingram, Kennard, Tatum, and Allen. If you had set a line up with those 8 (use Kennard's 2017 season and Allen's 2016 season), what it would be? For me, it' be Jones, Allen, Tatum (at 3), Winslow, and Okafor (but pretty hard to put the rest of them on the bench). (And, of course, if the earlier ones had stayed the later ones wouldn't have shown up. I get that!).

Dukeford
04-30-2017, 12:49 PM
Jabari Parker was 1st team All-American.
Winslow and Tatum are good, but put them on the practice floor with Parker and I think he would show the most talent, regardless of what happened in 2014.

Native
04-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Jabari Parker was 1st team All-American.
Winslow and Tatum are good, but put them on the practice floor with Parker and I think he would show the most talent, regardless of what happened in 2014.

A Jones-Allen-Tatum-Parker-Okafor lineup would be one of the most potent offensive Duke teams ever. It would, sadly, also probably one of the most anemic on defense.

If I were to swap anyone in BG05's lineup with Jabari, it'd be Tatum, simply because their skill sets are more similar, IMO.

Troublemaker
04-30-2017, 01:54 PM
Starters

Rotation

in blowouts

Jr TJones
So DThornton

Fr Jackson

Jr Grayson
So Kennard

Sr MJones

So Ingram

Fr Tatum

Jr Winslow
Sr Parker

Sr Ojeleye

Jr Okafor
Gr Jefferson

I prefer starting Winslow over Parker because he pairs better with Okafor defensively. That 2015 team fit together really well.

Jefferson as a big man sub to deal with Kaminsky types. Kennard for extra shooting if needed. DThornton for quick point guards.