PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kerr

tecumseh
04-25-2017, 10:13 PM
Avoid back surgery at all costs

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-25-2017, 10:56 PM
My wife would agree with you with no reservations.

moonpie23
04-25-2017, 11:44 PM
i thought his current problems stemmed from his back surgery..

ChemGod
04-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Avoid back surgery at all costs

I had back surgery following a fractured L5 vertebrae, along with two blown discs. Fortunately I had a fantastic surgeon and physical therapist...am back to Tae Kwon Do and competitive sparring just over a year later.

Agree it is a last choice...

Billy Dat
04-27-2017, 05:01 PM
I feel horrible for Kerr. Caveats about feeling bad for a wealthy 1%er aside, this guy earned the position of head coach of one of the great assemblages of talent in recent times and horrendous side effects of back surgery are not only keeping him from fully participating in their golden era, but also robbing him of his good health and quality of life. I am rooting for him.

weezie
04-27-2017, 05:14 PM
I feel horrible for Kerr. Caveats about feeling bad for a wealthy 1%er aside, this guy earned the position of head coach of one of the great assemblages of talent in recent times and horrendous side effects of back surgery are not only keeping him from fully participating in their golden era, but also robbing him of his good health and quality of life. I am rooting for him.

I agree with you Billy. Chronic crippling pain is terrible torture, a person's wealth and accomplishments don't always bring relief. I hope he does well, too.

tecumseh
04-28-2017, 12:00 PM
Kind of surprised at the questionable medical advice he was given. But he is in an environment where they are used to treating professional athletes where the goal is to get them back on the court quickly he really had very little to lose with conservative treatment approach except some time. Back surgery is way overdone in this country and the date to support it is lacking.