PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Parker: On His Injury and His Love Affair with Milwaukee

Tripping William
04-21-2017, 03:05 PM
This is a great read (https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-playoffs/), written by Jabari for The Players' Tribune.

Money quote:

"But as tough as the injury itself was … where it really has hurt? It’s not where some people think. It’s not for what it means for my future: I’ve been through this before, and I came back better. And I know the player that I’ll be when I’m back on the court again. That doesn’t scare me. But the fact that I can’t be out there with my team, right now, during these playoffs — to finish what we started? Knowing the team that we’ve been growing into together … and not being able to see that through with them?

"That’s what has hurt the most.."

He also has high praise for the city of Milwaukee.

I hope he is able to come back better than ever next season, and have a long, healthy, productive career as a Buck.

JayZee
04-21-2017, 05:18 PM
This is a great read (https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jabari-parker-milwaukee-bucks-playoffs/), written by Jabari for The Players' Tribune.

Money quote:

"But as tough as the injury itself was … where it really has hurt? It’s not where some people think. It’s not for what it means for my future: I’ve been through this before, and I came back better. And I know the player that I’ll be when I’m back on the court again. That doesn’t scare me. But the fact that I can’t be out there with my team, right now, during these playoffs — to finish what we started? Knowing the team that we’ve been growing into together … and not being able to see that through with them?

"That’s what has hurt the most.."

He also has high praise for the city of Milwaukee.

I hope he is able to come back better than ever next season, and have a long, healthy, productive career as a Buck.

As someone who grew up in Milwaukee, I can state right here that this article will absolutely cement a place in Milwaukee's heart for Jabari. I am not sure I have ever read such heartfelt comments about a town. Good for you Jabari. The rest of the article is great too.