View Full Version : NCAA returns to North Carolina

Olympic Fan
04-18-2017, 03:04 PM
Charlotte will get first-second round games in 2018

Greensboro in 2020

Raleigh in 2021

PackMan97
04-18-2017, 03:39 PM
This whole thing makes me sick. I used to think it was just the peeps at UNC-CH that were corrupt. Then I thought that the UNC Board of Governors (that oversee the entire 16 campus system) that were corrupt since they've taken no action against UNC-CH. Then it was the government as no one from the three Governors that have no been in office since this went public, nor any of the NC House or Senate members that have stood up and called for action. Not to mention the whitewashing the former Gov. Hunt put on his take of the scandal. ..but this just takes the cake.

The only thing I can envision is a buch of suits in the Capital building all chanting in unision "my precious. my precious. don't send my precious on the road"...because you know for danged certain they didn't repeal HB2 for duke, wake, state, ecu, campbell, unc-w, charlotte, central or any of the other Div-1 basketball programs in the state. ...and with that they figure out how to work across party lines to satisfy the NCAA where before everyone was happy to dig in their heels and make talking points and wedge issues their priority.

:mad:

I guess I'm done expecting anything to actually happen to UNC-CH, clearly this state has their priorities all futzed up.

brevity
04-18-2017, 03:49 PM

Greensboro in 2020

Raleigh in 2021

Link (http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2017-04-18/2019-2022-future-di-ncaa-championship-sites) from NCAA. It's not just basketball. I saw some NC sites for WBB, women's golf, women's field hockey, women's swimming and diving, and men's and women's soccer.

Troublemaker
04-18-2017, 03:56 PM

Ugh, Charlotte.

Well, there's a decent chance UNC won't be in that pod next season at least. (And perhaps ANY pod.)

jv001
04-18-2017, 04:36 PM
Ugh, Charlotte.

Well, there's a decent chance UNC won't be in that pod next season at least. (And perhaps ANY pod.)

Now that would really be great news. I'm with the Terp guy and hope they get the "death penalty". GoDuke!

lotusland
04-18-2017, 10:30 PM
I like that I immediately assumed this thread was about the cheaters.

Olympic Fan
04-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Just a followup to the NCAA's action.

The ACC announced earlier Wednesday that a bunch of conference championship events are returning to North Carolina. Not a big surprise, since the ACC Council of Presidents voted to lift the ban last week, but the specific events were announced today.

The most important is confirmation that the ACC men's basketball tournament (after one more year in Brooklyn) will return to Charlotte in 2019 and to Greensboro in 2020.

The women's tournament returns to Greensboro in 2018.

The ACC Baseball Tournament (in Louisville this year) returns to Durham in 2018 and 2019.

A bunch of other Olympic sports -- swimming, tennis, golf -- also returning to North Carolina.

brevity
04-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Just a followup to the NCAA's action.

The ACC announced earlier Wednesday that a bunch of conference championship events are returning to North Carolina. Not a big surprise, since the ACC Council of Presidents voted to lift the ban last week, but the specific events were announced today.

The most important is confirmation that the ACC men's basketball tournament (after one more year in Brooklyn) will return to Charlotte in 2019 and to Greensboro in 2020.

The women's tournament returns to Greensboro in 2018.

The ACC Baseball Tournament (in Louisville this year) returns to Durham in 2018 and 2019.

A bunch of other Olympic sports -- swimming, tennis, golf -- also returning to North Carolina.

Link (http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-announces-return-to-championship-sites-in-north-carolina-04-19-2017) to the ACC press release. Long term highlights:

FB: ACC Championship Game stays in Charlotte, now through 2020 (was through 2019)
WBB: ACC Tournament returns to and stays in Greensboro through 2023.
Swim/Dive: ACC men's and women's championships return to and stay in Greensboro through 2023.
M Golf: ACC championship returns to and stays in New London through 2021.
W Golf: ACC championship returns to and stays in Greensboro through 2021.

Conclusion: For a conference that spans most of the Eastern Time Zone, the Greensboro-based bigwigs sure seem to hate flying. New London (1 hour drive) and Charlotte (1.5 hour drive) must feel crazy distant to them.