PDA

View Full Version : Duke Women ACC Golf Champs!

sagegrouse
04-14-2017, 05:57 PM
The ACC Women's Golf Tournament is being played at Pawley's Island, South Carolina.

After two rounds the Duke women have a nine-shot lead (http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=10918) over Clemson, FSU and UNC. Leona Maguire is tied for the individual lead at -4. Three other Duke golfers are tied for seventh at even par: Virginia Elena Carta, freshman Ana Belac and Sandy Choi. Gurbani Singh is at +1, as the entire Duke contingent is playing well.

Go Duke!

Indoor66
04-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the report - please keep them coming through the weekend....😎

heyman25
04-14-2017, 06:56 PM
Most consistent program in Duke Sports. Dan Brooks runs an unbelievably great program. I think Leona Maguire will some day rival Brittany Lang's success on the LPGA tour.

Indoor66
04-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Golf at Duke goes back to long time pro Dumpy Hacker and then Rod Anderson, both of whom have passed on.

devilsadvocate85
04-14-2017, 08:36 PM
Golf at Duke goes back to long time pro Dumpy Hacker and then Rod Anderson, both of whom have passed on.

Hoping you were referring to Dumpy Hagler & Rod Myers?

Indoor66
04-15-2017, 07:36 AM
Hoping you were referring to Dumpy Hagler & Rod Myers?

Yes, I type faster than my mind....

chrishoke
04-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Is this a fifty four hole chapionship?

BD80
04-15-2017, 09:45 AM

220, 221, whatever it takes.

sagegrouse
04-15-2017, 11:27 AM

Yes, this is the final round today. The NCAA's are 72 holes. Thread title should have said April 13-15.

Duke now has a six-shot lead on the front nine (down from 11_ as Florida State is making a charge.

sagegrouse
04-15-2017, 12:42 PM
Wow! I hate to report this but FSU (fourth-ranked nationally) has made up all nine strokes from the start of play, and the match is tied. Duke is on holes 9-11; Florida State is on holes 12-16.

Go Duke!

MCFinARL
04-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Wow! I hate to report this but FSU (fourth-ranked nationally) has made up all nine strokes from the start of play, and the match is tied. Duke is on holes 9-11; Florida State is on holes 12-16.

Go Duke!

Looking like Duke is ahead by 9 now with Florida State in at +4 for the tournament, +1 for the day and Duke on the last two holes at -5, also +1 for the day. http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=10918

Leona Maguire has a 2 stroke lead for individual champion at -6 on 17.

brevity
04-15-2017, 03:26 PM
I need some advice.

I was watching the ESPN3/ACC Network Extra livestream of the ACC Women's Golf Tournament on my desktop computer, and I noticed the UNC team broke a rule. Apparently they had been taking fake classes for about 20 years. Should I send an e-mail to John Skipper and John Swofford and remind them that this violation should result in a 89,635,064-stroke penalty?

rsvman
04-15-2017, 03:43 PM
I need some advice.

I was watching the ESPN3/ACC Network Extra livestream of the ACC Women's Golf Tournament on my desktop computer, and I noticed the UNC team broke a rule. Apparently they had been taking fake classes for about 20 years. Should I send an e-mail to John Skipper and John Swofford and remind them that this violation should result in a 89,635,064-stroke penalty?

lol.

MCFinARL
04-15-2017, 03:56 PM
I need some advice.

Probably I have sporked you so many times I will never be able to again. This made my afternoon.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Results?

accfanfrom1970
04-15-2017, 05:02 PM
Win by 9 over Florida state.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-15-2017, 05:13 PM
Win by 9 over Florida state.
Thanks! LGD!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-15-2017, 05:39 PM
I need some advice.

This, my friends, is how one collects sporks.

Well played.

westwall
04-15-2017, 05:52 PM
I need some advice.

Can't spork you, but love it!

duketaylor
04-15-2017, 06:49 PM
Another victory and on to the NCAA Tourney!! Amazing what Dan's accomplished over the years. Many of you know Ron Schmid, who was the women's coach when I was in school until Dan took over. Ron became the Director of the Iron Dukes, then President of the Carolinas PGA and has now been inducted into their HOF (unless somehow I'm having a major brain-fart). I've played several rounds with both. Have played with Ron and current ID guru (Jack Winters) at Myrtle Beach on a fund-raiser a long, long time ago. Regardless, our golf programs (both) are in great hands!! Tom Butters was a visionary back in the day, no doubt.

GO DUKE!!

sagegrouse
04-16-2017, 08:59 AM
The Duke women have had an interesting season, beginning with some desultory finishes in the fall season and some really good improvement once spring season started in February. Here are the results --

Fall Season
7th, Annika Intercollegiate - Leona T3
5th, Windy City Classic - Leona, 3
10, Tar Heel Invit. - Gurbani, T6 (Leona didn't play)
1st, East Lake Invit (top four teams from 2016 NCAA's)

Spring Season
3rd, Northrop-Grumman Challenge - Leona, T1
2nd, Darius Rucker Invitational - Sandy, 5; Leona, Ana, Gurbani, T6
2nd, Gator Invitational - Leona, 2
1st, LSU Tiger Classic - Leona, 1; Virginia, 2
1st, ACC Championships - Leona, 1

The NCAA picks 72 teams to compete in four regionals plus 24 individual performers from other teams. The top six teams advance to the finals

jv001
04-17-2017, 07:16 AM
The Duke women have had an interesting season, beginning with some desultory finishes in the fall season and some really good improvement once spring season started in February. Here are the results --

Fall Season
7th, Annika Intercollegiate - Leona T3
5th, Windy City Classic - Leona, 3
10, Tar Heel Invit. - Gurbani, T6 (Leona didn't play)
1st, East Lake Invit (top four teams from 2016 NCAA's)

Spring Season
3rd, Northrop-Grumman Challenge - Leona, T1
2nd, Darius Rucker Invitational - Sandy, 5; Leona, Ana, Gurbani, T6
2nd, Gator Invitational - Leona, 2
1st, LSU Tiger Classic - Leona, 1; Virginia, 2
1st, ACC Championships - Leona, 1

The NCAA picks 72 teams to compete in four regionals plus 24 individual performers from other teams. The top six teams advance to the finals

Sage, don't we have the #1 and #2 amateur golfers this season? I think one young lady(high school senior) decided not to turn Pro and picked the Blue Devils over one of the west coast schools. USC maybe? I've forgotten her name but I believe her first name is Hannah??? I'm too lazy to research it. GoDuke!

sagegrouse
04-17-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage, don't we have the #1 and #2 amateur golfers this season? I think one young lady(high school senior) decided not to turn Pro and picked the Blue Devils over one of the west coast schools. USC maybe? I've forgotten her name but I believe her first name is Hannah??? I'm too lazy to research it. GoDuke!

Yep!

World #2 Hannah O'Sullivan will play for Duke next year. She will be the only American on the roster it appears.

World #1 Leona Maguire is a junior now and could return next year. (I haven't heard a thing about her plans.)

World #13 is Sophomore Virginia Elena Carta, who lapped the field at the NCAA championships last year.

grossbus
04-17-2017, 11:41 AM
Eager for the NCAA's!