PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Jordan Brand Classic

awhom111
04-14-2017, 12:34 AM
I could have sworn that the girl's game would be on ESPN3, but I do not see it listed right now. Jade Williams will represent Duke there.

The boy's game is on ESPN2 at 8pm ET. Carter and Trent and some targets will be participating.

Olympic Fan
04-14-2017, 12:44 AM
I could have sworn that the girl's game would be on ESPN3, but I do not see it listed right now. Jade Williams will represent Duke there.

The boy's game is on ESPN2 at 8pm ET. Carter and Trent and some targets will be participating.

Specifically, Bamba, Knox and Duval.

Also a few guys who were not in the McDonald's Game or the Hoop Summitt -- Matt Coleman (who picked Texas over Duke) and UNC recruit Jalek Felton. Also decommitted (from Georgetown) point guard Tremont Waters -- a player Duke might try to jump in on late. Duke is NOT recruiting him now, but that could change if we miss Duval and Allen leaves for the NBA.

nmduke2001
04-14-2017, 09:55 PM
Specifically, Bamba, Knox and Duval.

Also a few guys who were not in the McDonald's Game or the Hoop Summitt -- Matt Coleman (who picked Texas over Duke) and UNC recruit Jalek Felton. Also decommitted (from Georgetown) point guard Tremont Waters -- a player Duke might try to jump in on late. Duke is NOT recruiting him now, but that could change if we miss Duval and Allen leaves for the NBA.

Jarred Vanderbilt just hurt himself with 36 seconds to go. Didn't look good.

Olympic Fan
04-14-2017, 11:48 PM
A little bit of news from the game -- in an interview Trevon Duval said he definitely will announce his decision before the end of this month. There had been speculation that he'd wait until mid-May.

I continued to be impressed by Carter. Nobody talks about his passing, but he's very clever passing in the interview. I think Bolden will get a lot of dunks next season off passes from Mr. Carter.

Trent made some nice plays, but wasn't that much of a factor.

Tremont Waters was very impressive, battling Quade Green for a very intense segment in the second half. Green was okay, except in the final minutes, when he made three bonehead plays in a row that cost his team any chance of winning.

awhom111
04-15-2017, 12:44 AM
Jade started for the West and had 8 points and 13 rebounds in 17 minutes in a 122-81 win.
Boxscore:
http://jordanbrandclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017-Jordan-Brand-Classic-National-Girls-Game.pdf

Wendell had 8 points in 19 minutes and Gary had 6 points in 15 minutes.
Boxscore:
http://jordanbrandclassic.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/2017-Jordan-Brand-Classic-National-Boys-Game.pdf

Troublemaker
04-15-2017, 12:21 PM
I continued to be impressed by Carter. Nobody talks about his passing, but he's very clever passing in the interview. I think Bolden will get a lot of dunks next season off passes from Mr. Carter.

Agreed, that's something I've noticed, too. When playing two bigs together, the most important thing to have is offensive rebounding. The second-most important thing to have is good interior passing, and Wendell seems to have the ability to make passes in tight spaces that lead to buckets. That's going to be huge for Duke.

chriso
04-15-2017, 12:33 PM
Agreed, that's something I've noticed, too. When playing two bigs together, the most important thing to have is offensive rebounding. The second-most important thing to have is good interior passing, and Wendell seems to have the ability to make passes in tight spaces that lead to buckets. That's going to be huge for Duke.

I am so excited about Carter and Bolden down low next season. Get Grayson back and we're good to go.

Hauerwas
04-15-2017, 04:24 PM
I know there is never really any defense played in these games but Bamba impressed with his length and shot blocking ability. The kid has arms for days. It would be a bonus to get him down low to secure our defense but with Bolden and Carter I wouldn't expect him to sign, though there is no way he wouldn't play. Having him on the back line would allow our guards to really pressure the ball and not worry about being beat off the bounce. He was impressive and could be a game changer, reminded me of Cauley Stein.