PDA

View Full Version : Krystal Thomas

Bluedawg
10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing her play!

The first thing one notices about freshman women's basketball center Krystal Thomas is a remarkable poise that belies her age. One can easily sense why she's had so much success as both a scholar and an athlete: her diligent preparation and genuine caring for those around her. It's clear that she's going to be a nurturing presence for her teammates as her career unfolds, and her maturity will allow her to quickly adapt to her new life at Duke. [source (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22760&SPID=1846&DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=1282038)]

TillyGalore
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I'm really looking forward to seeing her play!

Me too, me too. :D

JBDuke
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
Me, I want to see Jasmine Thomas in action. She was just amazing at Oakton HS just down the road from me. She may end up being our next superstar.

kmspeaks
10-17-2007, 11:36 PM
JBDuke,
Just curious, where are you from? I graduated from Stonewall Jackson, the school Jasmine's Oakton team beat in the state quarterfinal last year. Love seeing Duke fans in Northern VA!!

JBDuke
10-18-2007, 01:36 AM
JBDuke,
Just curious, where are you from? I graduated from Stonewall Jackson, the school Jasmine's Oakton team beat in the state quarterfinal last year. Love seeing Duke fans in Northern VA!!

Well, most of the time, I stand on a pedestal in front of the Duke Chapel. But when I'm not there, I'm in Centreville, VA.

dukemomLA
10-18-2007, 03:31 AM
I love both Jasmine and Krystal. And well as the return of Chantal. The Waner sisters will lead the parade to a NC. I've been a big fan of Coach P from the beginning and can't wait for the season to begin. KICK A-- you Devils.

Bluedawg
10-22-2007, 08:58 AM
At a soccer game I saw Krystal with a boot on her foot. Anyone know what's going on?

Indoor66
10-22-2007, 09:01 AM
At a soccer game I saw Krystal with a boot on her foot. Anyone know what's going on?

Maybe it is a "Duke Basketball fashion statement." :eek:

Devilsfan
10-22-2007, 10:13 AM
Personally I would rather watch paint dry than watch a ladies BB game.

Bluedawg
10-22-2007, 01:23 PM
Personally I would rather watch paint dry than watch a ladies BB game.

You don't know what you are missing.

Raleighfan
10-22-2007, 01:27 PM
You don't know what you are missing.

And here Bluedawg and I are in agreement! Don't knock Duke WBB until you've tried it; you'll be impressed.

Indoor66
10-22-2007, 02:29 PM
And here Bluedawg and I are in agreement! Don't knock Duke WBB until you've tried it; you'll be impressed.

Agreed! Some of the most entertaining, exciting bb I have seen have been Women's game. It is different then men's - no the high flying, dunking extravaganza that gets so much TV, but great passing, picks and shooting.

Bluedawg
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Agreed! Some of the most entertaining, exciting bb I have seen have been Women's game. It is different then men's - no the high flying, dunking extravaganza that gets so much TV, but great passing, picks and shooting.

In orther words, pure basketball. However, it's the power game that people like and why they put down the women's game.

However, those who missed Alana Beard and Lindsey Harding missed some great basektball. I encourage them not to miss Abby Waner.

Raleighfan
10-22-2007, 03:36 PM
In orther words, pure basketball. However, it's the power game that people like and why they put down the women's game.

However, those who missed Alana Beard and Lindsey Harding missed some great basektball. I encourage them not to miss Abby Waner.

You are so right about Alana and Lindsey. Listen to what the Bluedawg says about not missing Abby. And sounds like some more great players are on board...

If the Rutgers game in Greensboro last spring was the only Duke WBB game you've seen, put it out of your mind and come see them play in Cameron. Our women deserve your support.

Indoor66
10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
You are so right about Alana and Lindsey. Listen to what the Bluedawg says about not missing Abby. And sounds like some more great players are on board...

If the Rutgers game in Greensboro last spring was the only Duke WBB game you've seen, put it out of your mind and come see them play in Cameron. Our women deserve your support.

I love Abby and cannot wait to see Krystal!

blazindw
10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I hear Thomas is dunking...regularly. If so, that kind of athleticism can be great for our women, including welcoming Chante Black back into the mix. I'm excited for the season, and I hope to make it down for a women's game as well as a men's game. As Coach P said when she came up to DC to visit, there's no reason whatsoever that a team this good shouldn't sell out Cameron. The girls have and will continue to do their part, and we need to do ours. Let's support the women just as much as we do the men...we want women's banners up in the rafters too!

Bluedawg
10-23-2007, 11:06 PM
As Coach P said when she came up to DC to visit, there's no reason whatsoever that a team this good shouldn't sell out Cameron.

And i agree. It looks so good to see a full house for a women's game.

dukemomLA
10-24-2007, 02:45 AM
You should get your head out the sand and give the WBB's team a chance. It's exciting BB -- often more interesting and fundamentally sound than MBB. Obviously you haven't witnessed the awesome improvement over the last several years. Jeers to you.