PDA

View Full Version : WBB: 2018 Season

dudog84
04-04-2017, 11:47 PM
ESPN is reporting that Lexie and Becca will both be back next season. Both are red-shirt juniors and could have moved on, so things can't be too bad within the program. Nice to have the kids stay around.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if Kyra will be ready by even January. Does anyone know how bad her knee injury was (partial/full tear)? I can't find any reporting on it, although the original gloom was that she would be "out for a long time".

Haley Gorecki should be back next year from injury but she's not a pure point like Kyra. The top incoming guard is Mikayla Boykin, but I don't believe she's a point either. And I shudder at the thought of freshman point guards anyway. :) Any good college senior point guards want a free Duke Master's Degree? (BTW, I hate that rule...4 years of college athletics, move on, give someone else a chance) Also an opportunity for Crystal and/or Faith to work on their point guard skills over the summer and step up.

So we're only losing Kendall and Oderah. Hopefully Erin and Leaonna will continue their outstanding progress. Also have a 6-4 All-American coming in. Plus there are a few other unproven bigs (injury/transfer) that could surprise.

Should be a very good team...but some questions. Same as it ever was.

jimsumner
04-05-2017, 12:07 PM
It's not likely Duke will burn Lambert's redshirt for at best a half-season. Look for her to sit out.

Brown, Boykin, Gorecki and Primm should be able to handle the PG responsibilities.

But if I had my druthers, I'd be looking at the grad-student post options. Belton, Schubert and Roma are all coming off injuries and none of them have shown ACC-level talent. A better post player would be optimal.