PDA

View Full Version : Some solace: UNC's student section is still subpar

scottdude8
04-04-2017, 11:15 AM
Apparently UNC couldn't get enough fans to travel to the game so they gave away a bunch of tickets to Arizona State students to fill the section:
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2017/04/03/north-carolina-championship-game-student-section-arizona-state?xid=socialflow_facebook_si

I can't imagine this ever happening to us, no? Maybe that's a bit of a bright side on this ugly Tuesday morning.

kako
04-04-2017, 12:56 PM
Saw this. I don't know if this makes me happy, sad, superior or ? But it does disgust me. Your team is in the National Championship game. 9F

duke2x
04-04-2017, 10:49 PM
I won't sleep tonight, but I'll stick up for the UNC students. When you have the financial resources of a typical student, you can't afford airfare on 6 days notice. You would have to drive to Phoenix and skip class for 2-3 days. I know a few Duke students that wanted to go to Minneapolis in 2001, but $600 RT + $100/night hotel + incidentals quickly killed that dream. I was smart enough to book frequent flyer miles in August 2000. I still haven't been to Europe, but it's possible I can do that for today $600 RT with some of the airfare specials right now if I drive up to DC or NY. Iceland isn't bad in May.

Furniture
04-05-2017, 12:19 AM
This is a lame thread...