PDA

View Full Version : Anybody can beat a team once...

BigZ
04-03-2017, 11:42 PM
But a good team wins 2 out of 3

flyingdutchdevil
04-03-2017, 11:43 PM

You just looking for a silver lining?

kAzE
04-03-2017, 11:45 PM
2017 has been an awful year thus far . . .

Saratoga2
04-04-2017, 12:09 AM
2017 has been an awful year thus far . . .

We did beat UNC twice and won the ACC tournament. The ACC did win the national tournament which means we beat the National Champion 2 out of 3. That is pretty good. Coach K says he needs to get deeper and tougher. That is also encouraging going forward.

duke2x
04-04-2017, 05:06 AM
They beat the 6 teams put in front of them. It sometimes takes some luck to hang a banner, which they did. I'm glad the 2010 Duke team avoided Syracuse or Kansas because we might have 1 less banner in the rafters. Connecticut 2014 is another appropriate example for this UNC team.

However...Football, MBB, WBB, MLAX*? Duke has proven on the field/court in any sport with a minimal following that it had the better team. I can't be too upset. There's always baseball. Asking Pollard to win that series is a lot in what we knew was a rebuilding year.

* I highly doubt there's a rematch.

slower
04-04-2017, 05:57 AM

To be champs, they only had to beat them once.

UrinalCake
04-04-2017, 08:06 AM
We matched up well with them this season, as we could hit the three and our guards could penetrate and kick. We had no inside scoring, but that didn't matter so much because they defend really well inside so teams that do rely on inside scoring have a hard time getting offense as we saw with Gonzaga last night. Really wish we could have made it to the FF and faced them in the Championship, but we got a murderous draw having to play SC on the road.

stingy
04-04-2017, 08:24 AM
I disagree about wishing we could have faced them last night. I never want to play them in the tourney, much less in the title game. The joy of winning is far outweighed by the possibility of losing. Also I say this as someone who lives in Carrboro so it would be more unbearable than pretty much anywhere else. And if we had beaten SC I think there was a very good chance that we make it all the way to last night, so in that case the Gamecocks did us a favor. Too bad Zags and Ducks couldn't make a shot.

Saratoga2
04-04-2017, 08:56 AM
I disagree about wishing we could have faced them last night. I never want to play them in the tourney, much less in the title game. The joy of winning is far outweighed by the possibility of losing. Also I say this as someone who lives in Carrboro so it would be more unbearable than pretty much anywhere else. And if we had beaten SC I think there was a very good chance that we make it all the way to last night, so in that case the Gamecocks did us a favor. Too bad Zags and Ducks couldn't make a shot.

With Bouchard out, the Ducks were just a little short of what was needed. The Zags Collins getting into foul trouble, however you see the quality of calls, severely hurt Gonzaga as he appeared to be the only inside threat. Karnowski proved to be a paper tiger. UNC won largely on the back of Berry and their inside play. Jackson's play has got to leave NBA scouts with a concern.