PDA

View Full Version : Sean Obi to transfer

wk2109
03-28-2017, 10:15 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211536393&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Junior forward Sean Obi will transfer out of Duke University at the end of the 2017 spring semester, school officials announced Tuesday. Obi is expected to graduate from Duke and be immediately eligible at another institution.

Troublemaker
03-28-2017, 10:19 AM
“I have loved my time at Duke,” Obi said. “I’ve struggled with a few injuries but I’ve grown as both a man and a player in this program. The relationships I’ve made here will last a lifetime and I will be extremely proud to call myself a Duke graduate. I’m feeling great physically now and I’m excited to take the next step in my career.”

Thinking he wants to start or at least get a lot of playing time in his final year of eligibility.

Good luck, Sean. Will miss your sense of fashion.

geraldsneighbor
03-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Obi could potentially get a 6th year since the transfer year and last year cost him 2 years of competition.

mattman91
03-28-2017, 10:26 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211536393&DB_OEM_ID=4200

so he CAN play...

Good luck Sean! I will never forget your incredible swagger in the 2015 championship game.

OldPhiKap
03-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Good luck, young man, and thanks for being part of the family.

pfrduke
03-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Good luck, Sean. Will miss your sense of fashion.

Good luck Sean! I will never forget your incredible swagger in the 2015 championship game.

The national championship tuxedo is easily one of my top 10 memories from that game. Man knew how to show sharp on the national stage.

moonpie23
03-28-2017, 11:02 AM
good luck, man.......hope your health issues are behind you.....

DUKIE V(A)
03-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Obi could potentially get a 6th year since the transfer year and last year cost him 2 years of competition.

Interesting thought. It would seem legit to get a sixth year as Dylan Ennis of Oregon, who lost a year due to a foot injury, was granted a sixth year as a transfer from Villanova.

I am not at all suggesting that Sean would ever want to do this, but if granted a sixth year and he completed a year long Master's program at his next school -- would he be immediately eligible play at a fourth school as a graduate transfer?

Also, Sean has already attended two quality academic institutions in Rice and Duke, who is next? Stanford? Northwestern? Certainly not North Carolina. :)

Best of luck Sean! You have been a class act!

Mike Corey
03-28-2017, 11:27 AM
http://www.gifimagesdownload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Good-Luck-gif-fresh.gif

scottdude8
03-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Not gonna lie, I'm extremely disappointed we never got to experience Obi's potential in a Duke uniform. When he transferred in, I imagined him being the wide-bodied, powerful rebounder that we've often had trouble defending in the past, and was looking forward to having one of those type of guys in a Duke uniform.

I'm proud of Sean for getting his Duke degree, and hope he can return to the potential he showed as a freshman at Rice wherever he ends up. Something to keep in mind: it's often much easier for foreign nationals to play professionally overseas, as many overseas leagues have "import" rules that limit the number of players on each team that aren't citizens of the given country (very similar to what the CFL does with limiting the number of American players on each team). For example, one of main reasons Michigan's Ricky Doyle transferred away from Michigan to UCF (despite him being a solid bench contributor) was so that he could get more playing time so that French scouts could see him play because he has French citizenship. Nigeria has a legit professional basketball league from what I've been able to research, so with a solid final season of NCAA play Sean could give himself a shot at some sort of professional career. Let's hope he plays well enough that this becomes a possibility.

Best of luck Sean!!!

mark34
03-28-2017, 11:57 AM
It has already been said, but I really have to pile on... anyone who wears a Tux to a national championship game seat on the bench is a stud. That remains one of my favorite images ever. Especially since we won.. spoiler alert.

szstark
03-28-2017, 12:02 PM
I didn't see this coming. Sounds like another setup for Laettner: "May the force be with you Obi".

wsb3
03-28-2017, 12:37 PM
Hope he lands in a good place & his body allows him to play.

Was there a specific injury either after coming to Duke or before he enrolled? I can't recall one...

miramar
03-28-2017, 12:49 PM
I didn't see this coming. Sounds like another setup for Laettner: "May the force be with you Obi".

I hope that he gets a chance to play at a good school so that he can go out on a high note.

He was supposed to be a really good rebounder when he came, and it was such a shame to Giles, Jeter, Bolden, and him slowed by injuries this season. Oh what could have been.

DarkstarWahoo
03-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Also, Sean has already attended two quality academic institutions in Rice and Duke, who is next? Stanford? Northwestern? Certainly not North Carolina. :)

"My top schools where I want to apply are Oxford and the Sorbonne. But my safety's Harvard."

MCFinARL
03-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Hope he lands in a good place & his body allows him to play.

Was there a specific injury either after coming to Duke or before he enrolled? I can't recall one...

I don't remember one either, but there were always reports that he had a lot of problems with his knees.

Seems like a top flight kid; I wish him the best.

dukefan_828
03-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Well no chance for success in 2018 now... I remember being excited when he first transferred from rice, big body big duke rarely gets who avg double dub as a freshman. Unfortunately injuries never let us see Obi. Interesting he was only a 2* recruit coming out of HS... hopefully he goes to UCF, NW, or Quette to play for a duke alumni's and help them win some games. Best Of Luck, and may the force be with you Mr. Obi:cool::cool:

gofurman
03-28-2017, 06:44 PM
this one is a little strange to me. Various reports - here and elsewhere - were always that he would never play again due to his knees.. as in could not play anywhere due to his knees. Now he transfers to play elsewhere??

Emerrick
03-28-2017, 06:52 PM

That Laettner tweet still has you cracking up! Lol

Oh what could have been.

Isn't that the truth. I'm still upset about Kyrie's limited play. This and Giles just add to that unfulfilled potential (or rather, maybe it's the missed opportunity).

lotusland
03-28-2017, 07:18 PM
this one is a little strange to me. Various reports - here and elsewhere - were always that he would never play again due to his knees.. as in could not play anywhere due to his knees. Now he transfers to play
elsewhere??

Maybe he was never going to play at a "Duke" level. I watched a fair amount of Obi highlights at Rice after he transferred and he did not move much at all in their scheme. They played him in the center of what appeared to be an old school 2-1-2 zone. He almost never moved out of the lane on defense and just sort of shuffled up and down the court. He's a wide body who boxes out and rebounds well. He could probably help a team that uses him similarly.

lotusland
03-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Check the 50 second mark of this clip if the North Texas State coach talking about Obi in their upcoming game against Rice. "His lateral movement's not great so we just need to make him work."

https://youtu.be/cuzwsJabNIs/

Troublemaker
03-28-2017, 07:45 PM
Sean's knees and back (mostly the knees) apparently got better. That's great news.

And if concerns about the knees re-materialize at his new destination, then at least he has a degree from Duke.

jv001
03-28-2017, 08:41 PM
God be with you Sean Obi. Thanks for being part of the Duke University Blue Devils. Always a Dukie. GoDuke!

awhom111
03-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Not gonna lie, I'm extremely disappointed we never got to experience Obi's potential in a Duke uniform. When he transferred in, I imagined him being the wide-bodied, powerful rebounder that we've often had trouble defending in the past, and was looking forward to having one of those type of guys in a Duke uniform.

I'm proud of Sean for getting his Duke degree, and hope he can return to the potential he showed as a freshman at Rice wherever he ends up. Something to keep in mind: it's often much easier for foreign nationals to play professionally overseas, as many overseas leagues have "import" rules that limit the number of players on each team that aren't citizens of the given country (very similar to what the CFL does with limiting the number of American players on each team). For example, one of main reasons Michigan's Ricky Doyle transferred away from Michigan to UCF (despite him being a solid bench contributor) was so that he could get more playing time so that French scouts could see him play because he has French citizenship. Nigeria has a legit professional basketball league from what I've been able to research, so with a solid final season of NCAA play Sean could give himself a shot at some sort of professional career. Let's hope he plays well enough that this becomes a possibility.

Best of luck Sean!!!

As a Nigerian, he would not count towards the same foreign player limit as American players in several European countries the observe the Cotonou Agreement for sports, including Spain and Italy.

Saratoga2
03-29-2017, 07:02 AM
Okay. So we started the past season with 7 guys 6'9" or more.

Amile
Chase
Harry
Marques
Vrank
Javin
Sean

Of those, Amile got starter minutes and Harry play secondary minutes, the rest got a few here and there if at all.

As of now, we lose Amile through graduation, Sean and Chase are transferring and Harry's off to the NBA draft. That leaves us with Vrank, Marques and Javin and I still wonder about Marques due to his lack of PT in the past season for such a highly touted recruit. Seems to be an incredible loss in one season.

Wendell is coming and perhaps the way will be cleared for Mohammed if he chooses to come. Having that many bigs on the roster would still be okay and I hope those left get into the lineup more often in 2017/2018.

YmoBeThere
03-29-2017, 07:34 AM
Having that many bigs on the roster would still be okay and I hope those left get into the lineup more often in 2017/2018.

It has been litigated time and again, the rotation will be short, no more than 8 by the end of a season. Coach K has a tendency to go small with his lineups. Hoping for something different is a fool's errand at this point.

budwom
03-29-2017, 08:31 AM
It has been litigated time and again, the rotation will be short, no more than 8 by the end of a season. Coach K has a tendency to go small with his lineups. Hoping for something different is a fool's errand at this point.

Ah yes, a "tendency." A rather robust "tendency" I would add.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 11:16 AM
Maybe he was never going to play at a "Duke" level. I watched a fair amount of Obi highlights at Rice after he transferred and he did not move much at all in their scheme. They played him in the center of what appeared to be an old school 2-1-2 zone. He almost never moved out of the lane on defense and just sort of shuffled up and down the court. He's a wide body who boxes out and rebounds well. He could probably help a team that uses him similarly.

Very good read of video clips. Rice is a very easy basketball ticket. A good friend gives big bucks to Rice and sits wherever he desires (press row, courtside, etc.). When visiting, during Obi's season, my friend took me to a couple games. Obi did a very good job rebounding by owning a large piece of paint, understanding angle positioning, and never being relocated. He never displayed ACC level lateral quickness or leaping skills. For example, Giles could be completely out of position and still snag a rebound over top Obi. ACC players would have blown right around Obi. I do not believe a healthy Obi would have played significant minutes for K. I do believe a healthy Obi would play significant minutes elsewhere next season.

BandAlum83
03-29-2017, 11:33 AM
Very good read of video clips. Rice is a very easy basketball ticket. A good friend gives big bucks to Rice and sits wherever he desires (press row, courtside, etc.). When visiting, during Obi's season, my friend took me to a couple games. Obi did a very good job rebounding by owning a large piece of paint, understanding angle positioning, and never being relocated. He never displayed ACC level lateral quickness or leaping skills. For example, Giles could be completely out of position and still snag a rebound over top Obi. ACC players would have blown right around Obi. I do not believe a healthy Obi would have played significant minutes for K. I do believe a healthy Obi would play significant minutes elsewhere next season.

I'm curious after reading this thread. K accepts such a limited number of transfers. Why did he take Sean? It seems it was pretty clear to posters here that he wouldn't be a contributor. Even without injury, it doesn't sound like he would even provide much value on the scout team. At least, that's what some of these posts on the thread suggest.

Troublemaker
03-29-2017, 11:59 AM
I'm curious after reading this thread. K accepts such a limited number of transfers. Why did he take Sean? It seems it was pretty clear to posters here that he wouldn't be a contributor. Even without injury, it doesn't sound like he would even provide much value on the scout team. At least, that's what some of these posts on the thread suggest.

Without injuries, Obi could've maybe improved some of those weaknesses. (Or maybe the fan scouting was not as in depth as Duke's scouting of him.)

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 11:59 AM
K accepts such a limited number of transfers. Why did he take Sean?

My guess is statistically Sean had a very good freshman season, including a couple games against strong competition.

BandAlum83
03-29-2017, 12:04 PM
My guess is statistically Sean had a very good freshman season, including a couple games against strong competition.

So due diligence for K and the team is to look at a stat sheet? No wonder we couldn't get to the second weekend this year in the tourney.

Maybe K just needs to retire. He's slipping! I mean, we haven't made a Final 4 since what 2015? That's way to long. Time to hand the keys to Quinn Snyder! He's coaching in the NBA. That makes him the best option, right?

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 12:04 PM
(Or maybe the fan scouting was not as in depth as Duke's scouting of him.)

Very true! There's a very big difference between a fan's eye and a pro's.

However, I do wonder how many of Obi's Rice games any of our Assistants attended courtside? IIRC, he had a very solid game against Texas.

BandAlum83
03-29-2017, 12:05 PM
Without injuries, Obi could've maybe improved some of those weaknesses. (Or maybe the fan scouting was not as in depth as Duke's scouting of him.)

And we have a winner!

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Time to hand the keys to Quinn Snyder! He's coaching in the NBA. That makes him the best option, right?

Good luck getting Quin back in college hoops!

SlapTheFloor
03-29-2017, 12:10 PM

Yeah, if anything, I wish we would recruit more to the type of lineup Coach K prefers to put on the floor. Last year we went five deep at the center position, but we only had four guards. Given that we generally have (at least) three guards on the floor at a time, it would be nice if we recruited a little more depth at that position.

Troublemaker
03-29-2017, 12:14 PM
Very true! There's a very big difference between a fan's eye and a pro's.

However, I do wonder how many of Obi's Rice games any of our Assistants attended courtside? IIRC, he had a very solid game against Texas.

None. I think they call that tampering ;-)

But I'm sure we watched a good deal of tape.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 12:26 PM
None. I think they call that tampering ;-)

But I'm sure we watched a good deal of tape.

Yep, a definite violation. With my very limited skills, I do much better evaluating courtside than I ever could watching tape.

-jk
03-29-2017, 02:19 PM

Heck, even if the fan scouting was right, we did pretty well in 2010 with a big who could own the lane but wasn't terribly quick...

-jk

lotusland
03-29-2017, 03:09 PM
For what it's worth, Laura Keeley tweeted a year or so back that signing Obi was a "miss" by the Duke staff.

Olympic Fan
03-29-2017, 03:30 PM
Ah yes, a "tendency." A rather robust "tendency" I would add.

Again, recency bias ... he has preferred to play two bigs -- when he has had two bigs.

Look at this past year and that list of big men:

Jefferson
Giles
Bolden
Jeter
Vrankovic
DeLaurier
Sean

How available were they?

Jefferson -- missed 2 1/2 games with injury and was hobbled the last two months of the season. Still played a ton of minutes.
Giles -- missed all preseason and the first 11 games and never regained his full health (especially lacking his lateral quickness)
Bolden -- missed all preseason and the first eight games and rarely showed the bounce and explosion that we saw before his injury
Jeter -- had midseason back surgery and never returned to the rotation
Obi -- never physically able to play
DeLauier -- not sure if he qualities as a real big man, but he also missed almost a dozen games at midseason with injuries

That leaves Vrank as the only big man who was healthy for the season ... and we know how limited he is.

The fact that K recruited so many bigs at the same time is to my mind evidence that he wants to play two bigs together. But injuries and the failure of young players to develop (a failure largely caused by injury) forced him to go small.

The same thing happened a year ago. He was playing two bigs together until Jefferson got hurt. He did switch Matt and Amile in the lineup down the stretch in 2015, going smaller with Winslow at the four, but Amile's minutes didn't really change that much, even after he started coming off the bench (he played 21 minutes in the national title game, which was right on his season average).

in 2014, he played Jefferson and Parker together in the post most of the season. Who else did he have that year? Josh Hairston (K tried -- he started six games ... six too many)?

The 2013 team had Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly together ... so did the 2012 team. The 2010 and 2011 teams have Kyle Singler at the 3.

K is a lot less locked into a style of play than many of the DBR posters. He's gone small so often in the last few years because he's had to. But he's been trying -- as he showed in last year's recruiting -- to be bigger. He does like a stretch four, but that's not the same as going small.

I don't know what next year will bring, but if K adds Bamba or a healthy Bolden to Carter, I expect to see two bigs ... and hopefully 6-8 Kevin Knox at SF.

rocketeli
03-29-2017, 03:33 PM

I think the Duke coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting--a savvy, not very mobile 6'8" 270 pound-ish space eater.

Why take him?
Reasons
1. despite what watching basketball will make you think--not many people are 6'8" especially 6'8", play basketball, want to come to Duke and are eligible to do so.
2. he'll be very valuable as a practice player--you can't simulate going up against that kind of size
3. he won't end up playing for a rival if he's on our bench
4. 6'8"
5. has shown he can handle the pressures of playing NCAA basketball division I and attending an academically rigorous school--good character guy
6. might be useful in certain game situations--fouls to give, block out some other tractor trailer

sometimes I think we fans think everyone is recruited to be the next Kyrie Irving or Elton Brand etc, but some people will be role players, and still bring value to the team

CDu
03-29-2017, 04:03 PM
I think the Duke coaching staff knew exactly what they were getting--a savvy, not very mobile 6'8" 270 pound-ish space eater.

Why take him?
Reasons
1. despite what watching basketball will make you think--not many people are 6'8" especially 6'8", play basketball, want to come to Duke and are eligible to do so.
2. he'll be very valuable as a practice player--you can't simulate going up against that kind of size
3. he won't end up playing for a rival if he's on our bench
4. 6'8"
5. has shown he can handle the pressures of playing NCAA basketball division I and attending an academically rigorous school--good character guy
6. might be useful in certain game situations--fouls to give, block out some other tractor trailer

sometimes I think we fans think everyone is recruited to be the next Kyrie Irving or Elton Brand etc, but some people will be role players, and still bring value to the team

I don't think Elton Brand and Kyrie Irving have anything to do with this. I think the reasons folks believed Obi would have more impact (and thus were surprised when he didn't) were:
1. Duke's track record with transfers had been REALLY good: McLeod, Jones, Curry, and Hood were all big-time impact players at Duke. There had not been a transfer in that didn't become a star at Duke. So the argument was that Coach K doesn't bring in transfers unless the transfer is a stud; and
2. Obi had put together a really solid freshman year at a D-1 school, averaging 11 and 9 for Rice.

So, based on those two pieces of evidence, many (including me) felt he'd likely be a productive player at Duke. Whether that was not the case because of injuries (possible) or he just wasn't ever good enough (also possible), I don't know. But it wasn't an issue of folks thinking every recruit is the next Irving or Brand. It was an issue of Coach K having a history of only recruiting very strong transfers.

brlftz
03-29-2017, 05:01 PM
Anyone else curious if Obi was encouraged to move on now that he's graduating because we need the scholarship? Might this be a sign that we're planning for (or at least keeping alive the possibility of) Grayson, Luke, and Bolden coming back and being joined by the known recruits plus Bamba, Knox, and Duvall? I want to be clear that I don't regard that as unethical if it's the case - Obi got three years on scholarship and is graduating. If he wanted to stick around for grad school on his own dime I wouldn't have a problem with that being the offer.

All that said, I don't think it's likely what happened, but I'm curious if anyone else has considered that possibility.

Bluedog
03-29-2017, 05:03 PM
Again, recency bias ... he has preferred to play two bigs -- when he has had two bigs.

Jefferson
Giles
Bolden
Jeter
Vrankovic
DeLaurier
Sean

How available were they?

Jefferson -- missed 2 1/2 games with injury and was hobbled the last two months of the season. Still played a ton of minutes.
Giles -- missed all preseason and the first 11 games and never regained his full health (especially lacking his lateral quickness)
Bolden -- missed all preseason and the first eight games and rarely showed the bounce and explosion that we saw before his injury
DeLauier -- not sure if he qualities as a real big man, but he also missed almost a dozen games at midseason with injuries

That leaves Vrank as the only big man who was healthy for the season ... and we know how limited he is.

Here's a counterpoint to all this - the US Men's Olympic Team. I think all of us would agree that there are a decent number of good bigs in the NBA who are American. And what did Coach K do in formulating his roster and in playing the guys during the games? Basically, one big at a time. It's possible Coach K simply prefers to use a stretch 4. (One could also argue that the guards/wings were better players than the bigs, so he played the 'best' players -- but it's not like there was a shortage of talented healthy bigs to choose from). Just playing devil's advocate. ;) Seems like Coach K is okay playing two bigs as long as whoever is at the 4 can hit 3s like a Ryan Kelly.

And it sounds like Obi was physically able to play based on his wanting to play elsewhere. Also, I don't know that we have information that said Jeter's surgery precluded him from playing afterwards -- sounds like his intent to transfer was known and that was basically the end.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 05:04 PM
It was an issue of Coach K having a history of only recruiting very strong transfers.

Absolutely! IMO, Coach K has set his bar higher than any college basketball coach since Wooden. The next Duke coach will be hitting their head against that bar, if they perform well.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Anyone else curious if Obi was encouraged to move on now that he's graduating because we need the scholarship?

IMO, that sounds more like a Cal move, than a K move.

niveklaen
03-29-2017, 05:21 PM
I really do not understand why we are thinking of Obi as a transfer at all. He graduated. He may choose to attend graduate school elsewhere. He may play a sport while there. Lots of Duke students, myself included, go on to graduate school. The vast majority of us attend graduate school somewhere other than Duke. None of think of our selves as transfers. We are graduates. So is Obi.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-29-2017, 05:24 PM
Anyone else curious if Obi was encouraged to move on now that he's graduating because we need the scholarship? Might this be a sign that we're planning for (or at least keeping alive the possibility of) Grayson, Luke, and Bolden coming back and being joined by the known recruits plus Bamba, Knox, and Duvall? I want to be clear that I don't regard that as unethical if it's the case - Obi got three years on scholarship and is graduating. If he wanted to stick around for grad school on his own dime I wouldn't have a problem with that being the offer.

All that said, I don't think it's likely what happened, but I'm curious if anyone else has considered that possibility.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we have a problem with number of scholarships this year.

CDu
03-29-2017, 05:37 PM
I will be pleasantly surprised if we have a problem with number of scholarships this year.

Yeah, by my count, we would have to have everyone come back AND get everyone we are still recruiting. That seems unlikely.

We have 4 likely-to-certain to return: White, Vrankovic, DeLaurier, Jackson
We have 3 questionable: Allen, Kennard, Bolden
We have 3 commits: Carter, Trent, O'Connell
We have 3 targets: Bamba, Duval, Knox

I don't see a realistic scenario where we get Bamba and Bolden returns. I don't think we will get all four of Allen, Kennard, Duval, and Knox. Therefore, we should have at least one scholarship available.

I am sure Obi could have returned. But he wasn't going to play. So he decided to go somewhere where he might have a chance to play. But he wasn't forced out.

Olympic Fan
03-29-2017, 05:43 PM
Here's a counterpoint to all this - the US Men's Olympic Team. I think all of us would agree that there are a decent number of good bigs in the NBA who are American. And what did Coach K do in formulating his roster and in playing the guys during the games? Basically, one big at a time. It's possible Coach K simply prefers to use a stretch 4. (One could also argue that the guards/wings were better players than the bigs, so he played the 'best' players -- but it's not like there was a shortage of talented healthy bigs to choose from). Just playing devil's advocate. ;) Seems like Coach K is okay playing two bigs as long as whoever is at the 4 can hit 3s like a Ryan Kelly.

I keep hearing references to the US Olympic team like it proves K wants to play small.

In the first place, the team K was given (yes, he has influence on the selection, but NOT the choice of players) was very devoid of big men. Only two of the top 10 rebounders in the NBA were selected and just one of the top 10 shot blockers, Such studs as Anthony Davis, Dwight Howard, Andre Drummond and Whiteside did not play.

K was left with DeAndre Jordan as his only real center. He had DeMarcus Cousins and Draymond Green as true power forwards. Those three low-post players got a combined 42 minutes a game. The two top players (by minutes played) were what we would call stretch fours -- 6-9, 240-poind Kevin Durant and 6-8, 240-pound Carmelo Anthony. Using one of these two at the 4 is hardly going small. And the fact that they combined for 52 minutes a game indicates that they were frequently on the court together. He used 6-9 Paul George as a 3.

The Olympic team is evidence on what I've been saying -- HE PLAYS HIS BEST PLAYERS. If that means going "small" so be it. The fact is that the United States doesn't have that many quality big men and when some of the best -- Davis and Howard and Drummond -- elect to pass up the national team, we have even less.

K did not "choose" to go small in the 2016 Olympics -- just like he did not choose to go small this season at Duke. It was a function of how his roster worked out. I keep saying that if you look at his recruiting efforts in recent years -- the fact that he added Giles and Bolden to Jefferson and Jeter and Vrank and Obi -- it's proof that he would like to play bigger. It just didn't work out. The fact that he's still recruiting Bamba to join Carter and Bolden and Vrank next season is evidence that he'd like to play bigger ... with two real post players and Knox at the 3. Sure it's possible that he has to go small again -- maybe Bamba doesn't come and Bolden leaves ... in that circumstance, I'm sure Knox (if he comes) plays mostly at the 4.

And if that happens, a year from now, we'll have posters talking about how K "likes" to go small.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 05:58 PM
I am sure Obi could have returned. But he wasn't going to play. So he decided to go somewhere where he might have a chance to play. But he wasn't forced out.

IMO, if K was the type to force out (which I do not believe) he would have done it last year with Obi (supporting my belief, it's Cal's approach, not K's).

However, if Obi could have returned, is 100%, and was not going to play next year at Duke, then is Obi as good as Duke's coaching staff projected?

Wander
03-29-2017, 06:01 PM
K was left with DeAndre Jordan as his only real center. He had DeMarcus Cousins and Draymond Green as true power forwards. Those three low-post players got a combined 42 minutes a game. The two top players (by minutes played) were what we would call stretch fours -- 6-9, 240-poind Kevin Durant and 6-8, 240-pound Carmelo Anthony. Using one of these two at the 4 is hardly going small. And the fact that they combined for 52 minutes a game indicates that they were frequently on the court together. He used 6-9 Paul George as a 3.

You're proving the other poster's point for them. Playing your three true PFs/Cs a combined 42 minutes is, in fact, "going small." At the NBA level, Durant and Anthony are most commonly identified as SFs, so playing them at the 4 also counts as "going small." And that's totally fine - we won the medal, after all. But plenty of other coaches would have played the exact same lineup differently.

I don't know why you're resisting the idea that K likes to play small so much. He's not 100% inflexible about it like Roy is with his style of play, as 2010 shows, but it is a pretty clear tendency over the last decade.

Olympic Fan
03-29-2017, 06:18 PM
You're proving the other poster's point for them. Playing your three true PFs/Cs a combined 42 minutes is, in fact, "going small." At the NBA level, Durant and Anthony are most commonly identified as SFs, so playing them at the 4 also counts as "going small." And that's totally fine - we won the medal, after all. But plenty of other coaches would have played the exact same lineup differently.

I don't know why you're resisting the idea that K likes to play small so much. He's not 100% inflexible about it like Roy is with his style of play, as 2010 shows, but it is a pretty clear tendency over the last decade.

He played those three guys "just" 42 minutes a game because they were not his best players. My point is that he's not going to play big just to play big. He's going to play his best players the most minutes. He's going to play his best players the most minutes. He's going to play his best players the most minutes.

He was stuck with three fairly limited big men and he played them accordingly.

I keep saying that if either Harry or Marques had turned out like expected last season, K would have gone with two bigs the majority of the time and Tatum playing the 3. If Jefferson had not gotten hurt in 2016, he could have gone with two bigs and Ingram at the 3 (although with no capable backup post player -- because both Jeter and Obi failed) we still would have seen Ingram at the 4 a good bit.

I'm resisting the idea that "K likes to play small" because I don't think it's true. It's work out that way the last two years because of Jefferson's injury and the failure of Jeter and Obi; because of the injuries to Giles and Bolden.

I don't understand why you guys can't see that he's TRYING to play two bigs (as he's done most of his career), but he's merely hit a stretch where a succession of players -- Obi, Jeter in 2016, Giles and Bolden in 2017-- have not worked out. He's been flexible enough to go small and save those seasons. But I believe he would "like" to play bigger.

Please, those of you who think he "likes" to play small, point out where he's sat capable big men in favor of equal or less talented small men.

The closest I can find is 2015 when he gave Matt Jones Amile Jefferson's starting job and moved Winslow to the 4, but even then Jefferson's minutes didn't change much.

sagegrouse
03-29-2017, 06:44 PM

Let's don't get too wrapped around a holier-than-thou position on what is a normal decision made by athletic programs when a player has graduated after four years in college. In Duke football, fifth-year seniors are encouraged to return by Cutcliffe only if they have contributed or are in a position to contribute to the team. Obi had four years in college and leaves with a degree. End of story.

Jeffrey
03-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Let's don't get too wrapped around a holier-than-thou position on what is a normal decision made by athletic programs when a player has graduated after four years in college.

Works for me, I can still keep aiming at Calipari.

brlftz
03-29-2017, 10:25 PM
Let's don't get too wrapped around a holier-than-thou position on what is a normal decision made by athletic programs when a player has graduated after four years in college. In Duke football, fifth-year seniors are encouraged to return by Cutcliffe only if they have contributed or are in a position to contribute to the team. Obi had four years in college and leaves with a degree. End of story.

That's exactly what I was trying to say - I'd have no problem with it. I don't think it's likely, but that's just because I agree that we're extremely unlikely to have a scholarship crunch.

niveklaen
03-30-2017, 01:27 PM
How would we have felt/reacted if Amile had picked up his MBA at some other university after graduating last year and averaged a double double for INSERT RANDOM B1G/B12 TEAM HERE?

CDu
03-30-2017, 01:56 PM
IMO, if K was the type to force out (which I do not believe) he would have done it last year with Obi (supporting my belief, it's Cal's approach, not K's).

Maybe, although we ultimately didn't have a scholarship crunch then either.

However, if Obi could have returned, is 100%, and was not going to play next year at Duke, then is Obi as good as Duke's coaching staff projected?

In that hypothetical, I think it would be perfectly reasonable to say he probably wasn't as good as the staff had projected/hoped. Either that or he just was recruited over by the time he was where he needed to be.

There are a few possibilities:
1. He wasn't as good as they hoped
2. He was as good as they hoped, but injuries derailed him and now he isn't as good as they hoped
3. He was hurt when we needed him, and by the time he got healthy we had better players in front of him
4. He was as good as the staff thought, but was always just an insurance policy anyway
5. Any combination of the above

I think any of these are possible. He certainly wasn't likely to play over Jefferson, Giles, Jeter, or Bolden at C, and that's the only position he could play. If we have Carter and Bolden/Bamba (or all three, which is unlikely), he again would not play a minute of meaningful basketball. And it would have little/nothing to do with how good he is - those guys are just elite level talents at his position.

That is not to say that option #1 isn't correct. It is certainly possible that the staff just whiffed on evaluating him. But it is not the only possible option here, in my opinion.

It is important to remember the timing here. He was recruited in 2014, a season in which we were stuck playing Hairston, a rail-thin Jefferson, and a not-ready-for-primetime Plumlee at center. We had only a one-and-done-to-be Okafor coming in up front, so the 2016 season was looking quite questionable at center. And here was this freshman who averaged 11 and 9 at a mid-major who looked promising. So they grabbed him. Of course, we later got Jeter and Vrankovic, and Plumlee finally developed into a legitimate starter as a fifth-year guy, and Jefferson got stronger and proved quite capable at PF/C. So what looked like a glaring need in 2014 wasn't actually quite as glaring going into 2016. And then we had the 2016 recruiting class, with Giles and Bolden, along with the fifth-year Jefferson being granted a return.

So the question was whether injuries made him incapable in 2016 (when we could probably have used him after Jefferson went down), or whether it was just that he wasn't good enough, or whether he was good enough but the team felt that Jeter was as good and more important long-term. Either seems possible to me.

budwom
03-30-2017, 02:06 PM

Jefferson
Giles
Bolden
Jeter
Vrankovic
DeLaurier
Sean

How available were they?

The fact that K recruited so many bigs at the same time is to my mind evidence that he wants to play two bigs together. But injuries and the failure of young players to develop (a failure largely caused by injury) forced him to go small.

The same thing happened a year ago. He was playing two bigs together until Jefferson got hurt. He did switch Matt and Amile in the lineup down the stretch in 2015, going smaller with Winslow at the four, but Amile's minutes didn't really change that much, even after he started coming off the bench (he played 21 minutes in the national title game, which was right on his season average).

in 2014, he played Jefferson and Parker together in the post most of the season. Who else did he have that year? Josh Hairston (K tried -- he started six games ... six too many)?

The 2013 team had Mason Plumlee and Ryan Kelly together ... so did the 2012 team. The 2010 and 2011 teams have Kyle Singler at the 3.

K is a lot less locked into a style of play than many of the DBR posters. He's gone small so often in the last few years because he's had to. But he's been trying -- as he showed in last year's recruiting -- to be bigger. He does like a stretch four, but that's not the same as going small.

I don't know what next year will bring, but if K adds Bamba or a healthy Bolden to Carter, I expect to see two bigs ... and hopefully 6-8 Kevin Knox at SF.

That is some world class excuse making there, Olympic. Too many weak points to rebut them all, but just off the top, "Jeter never returned to the rotation." That's a beaut. The excuse for him not playing is that he didn't return to the rotation? By the way, Jeter made it clear he was healthy and ready to play, K just chose to not play him.
Similarly on Bolden: rarely showed the bounce he previously showed? Really? Hard to show "bounce" when you're glued to the bench.

wk2109
04-19-2017, 05:58 PM
Jeff Goodman‏ @GoodmanESPN 1h
Duke grad transfer Sean Obi likely to make decision tonight or tomorrow. Will choose between Maryland, Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

flyingdutchdevil
04-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Duke grad transfer Sean Obi likely to make decision tonight or tomorrow. Will choose between Maryland, Georgetown and Georgia Tech.

??? These schools are competitive D-1 schools. A little shocked he's choosing THESE schools.

LasVegas
04-19-2017, 06:02 PM
??? These schools are competitive D-1 schools. A little shocked he's choosing THESE schools.

Agreed. Strange. I guess his knees aren't horrible like we all assumed?

Can you imagine if he choose GT and had a 15/15 game against duke......this board might explode.....

Edouble
04-19-2017, 06:21 PM

I am not saying that the list didn't surprise me too at first glance, but if you read past the names, passing over the history of the programs... all three schools are a big step down from our program right now/for next season.

Jeffrey
04-19-2017, 06:32 PM

I've always believed your final school (degree) is most critical. Think I'd pick between Georgetown and Georgia Tech dependent upon preferred major.

El_Diablo
04-19-2017, 06:36 PM
I've always believed your final school (degree) is most critical. Think I'd pick between Georgetown and Georgia Tech dependent upon preferred major.

Any of those three options would go fine with his Duke degree.

Jeffrey
04-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Any of those three options would go fine with his Duke degree.

The price is certainly right and he will probably be using it sooner than the other players we've been recently discussing.

CameronBornAndBred
04-19-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm surprised that an ACC school is even an option.

CrazyNotCrazie
04-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Did he even put on a uniform this year? Clearly he has some mobility so I'm surprised we didn't at least have him ready to go to "break glass in case of emergency," particularly when others were out injured. Unless he was ready to do a Clark Kent and did have a uniform under his stylish outfits?

I find the whole situation a bit bizarre but I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes as long as he isn't playing Duke.

CDu
04-19-2017, 09:29 PM

Grad transfers can go anywhere.

-jk
04-19-2017, 09:36 PM

K's not worried about transfers...

-jk

sagegrouse
04-19-2017, 09:45 PM

Grad transfers can go anywhere.

K's not worried about transfers...

-jk

I think CBB is questioning Obi's ability to contribute for a major school, but he can paint his own picture.:rolleyes:

devildeac
04-19-2017, 11:08 PM
I think CBB is questioning Obi's ability to contribute for a major school, but he can paint his own picture.:rolleyes:

I see and know what you did there...

;)

Pghdukie
04-19-2017, 11:16 PM
I hope Obi gets the chance to actually play a game at Cameron. He spent alot of time there and the Crazies can acknowledge his efforts. Just so his new team doesn't win !

CameronBornAndBred
04-20-2017, 09:03 AM
Excellent!

When Rasheed transferred were ACC schools an option open to him? As a grad transfer, he was also immediately eligible. It is common practice for coaches to take other conference schools off the table. He wound up at Maryland, but they had left the conference. Obviously, Sulaimon was going to be a major contributor for whomever he played, and Obi might not even get off the bench.

CDu
04-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Excellent!

When Rasheed transferred were ACC schools an option open to him? As a grad transfer, he was also immediately eligible. It is common practice for coaches to take other conference schools off the table. He wound up at Maryland, but they had left the conference. Obviously, Sulaimon was going to be a major contributor for whomever he played, and Obi might not even get off the bench.

Sulaimon was free to go wherever as he was (a) a grad transfer and (b) already dismissed from the team. Schools have refusal rights on regular transfers, but have no right of refusal on grad transfers. So Obi can go wherever he wants, so long as that school wants him.

Bluedog
04-20-2017, 09:35 AM
He's apparently down to Maryland or Georgetown so no ACC school in his future. Took an official to Maryland and stopped by Gtown on same trip since they're close to each other. Count me in the boat of being surprised too that he's considering such high major schools, but wish him the best.

bob blue devil
04-20-2017, 10:02 AM
He's apparently down to Maryland or Georgetown so no ACC school in his future. Took an official to Maryland and stopped by Gtown on same trip since they're close to each other. Count me in the boat of being surprised too that he's considering such high major schools, but wish him the best.

just thinking out loud and i don't believe this to be the case, but maybe the search for another high major is networking motivated. just like being a duke basketball alum opens a lot of doors, so to would being a part of georgetown or maryland's basketball family. certainly more than a small conference school.

GGLC
04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
I'm going to be really confused if Obi plays any kind of rotation minutes next year at a high D1 program.

MCFinARL
04-20-2017, 10:22 AM
I'm going to be really confused if Obi plays any kind of rotation minutes next year at a high D1 program.

Sure, although both Georgetown and Maryland are programs in pretty significant transitions of one kind or another. They might be able to find some minutes for a grad transfer who can play immediately--and in Georgetown's case, Obi could plug a hole while Ewing gets his own recruiting apparatus off the ground.

Mike Corey
04-20-2017, 10:31 AM
Here's hoping he gets a diploma from one of these fine institutions or at Maryland.

Jeffrey
04-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Here's hoping he gets a diploma from one of these fine institutions or at Maryland.

Is a safety school with a bottle throwing course an oxymoron?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-20-2017, 12:49 PM

Put me in this group. My understanding was he is a great kid, hard worker, good student, with zero knees remaining. Was very surprised to see him transfer, and figured him for perhaps one of the only academically motivated grad transfers. The inclusion of the University of Maryland baffles me.

If he gets on the court and plays major minutes, I will be very happy for him, and very perplexed for Duke.

flyingdutchdevil
04-20-2017, 12:51 PM
Put me in this group. My understanding was he is a great kid, hard worker, good student, with zero knees remaining. Was very surprised to see him transfer, and figured him for perhaps one of the only academically motivated grad transfers. The inclusion of the University of Maryland baffles me.

If he gets on the court and plays major minutes, I will be very happy for him, and very perplexed for Duke.

Would it be THAT surprising given the lack of minutes to non-Amile big men last year? I would be surprised if he played competitive basketball (cus of the knee rumors), but I fully understand why he didn't play for Duke.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-20-2017, 12:54 PM
Would it be THAT surprising given the lack of minutes to non-Amile big men last year? I would be surprised if he played competitive basketball (cus of the knee rumors), but I fully understand why he didn't play for Duke.

Do you? I mean, he wasn't even wearing a uniform. And given all the difficulties our other big men had last year, I would assume someone with decent skills and a working body would have logged some minutes - especially given all the intangibles we have heard about Obi and what a great kid he is.

Jeter had back issues, Giles' health problems were well documented, Bolden had at the very least a health problem if not trouble with motivation, and Amile played through pain all season.

How would we not have put Obi on the floor if he was a viable option?

flyingdutchdevil
04-20-2017, 12:58 PM
Do you? I mean, he wasn't even wearing a uniform. And given all the difficulties our other big men had last year, I would assume someone with decent skills and a working body would have logged some minutes - especially given all the intangibles we have heard about Obi and what a great kid he is.

Jeter had back issues, Giles' health problems were well documented, Bolden had at the very least a health problem if not trouble with motivation, and Amile played through pain all season.

Could be the same as the Jeter reasoning: you know he's going to transfer so why not play Vrank who is staying and may be part of the rotation next year?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-20-2017, 12:59 PM
Could be the same as the Jeter reasoning: you know he's going to transfer so why not play Vrank who is staying and may be part of the rotation next year?

Sure, it could be. But it seems unlikely that we would have held out two healthy viable players to the detriment of the team THIS year.

FadedTackyShirt
04-20-2017, 01:21 PM

K may have told Obi he didn't ever project as a rotation player at Duke, so Obi decided to forgo a season and apply for a medical redshirt as a grad student at another school.

If he gets a medical redshirt, Obi could conceivably get two years of basketball (plus grad school), so Georgetown makes sense athletically and academically.

Lots of schools (including Duke) don't extend fifth years to football players who redshirt earlier, graduate on time, and don't project in the two deeps as a grad student.

Troublemaker
04-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Maybe he spent this season getting healthy.

Jeffrey
04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
IMO, our coaching staff misevaluated Obi's potential to play at Duke. I saw him play at Rice and he occupied a lot of paint, positioned very intelligently, and got a lot of boards. Obi did not rebound well because he had strong lateral quickness or leaping skills. He also did not move down the court quickly. Maybe, G-town and MD. are looking for a banger?

IMO, Duke had many other choices for bigs last season. It was the season before, when Amile got hurt, when we really needed Obi to play.

OldPhiKap
04-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Maybe he spent this season getting healthy.

This.

Dev11
04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
Washington Post reporting that Obi is headed to Maryland. I can't believe we've had two guys in the last three years end up in College Park.

Jeffrey
04-20-2017, 06:03 PM
Washington Post reporting that Obi is headed to Maryland. I can't believe we've had two guys in the last three years end up in College Park.

Maybe, Obi has another connection to the area (girlfriend, friends, family, etc.)? It might not be coincidence his final two choices were inside the beltway.

CrazyNotCrazie
04-20-2017, 06:06 PM

Obi-Sean is going to the dark side. As I stated above, this makes absolutely no sense to me. But I wish him the best of luck and thank him for his efforts at Duke. I am curious what degree he will be seeking at Maryland.

FadedTackyShirt
04-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Obi-Sean is going to the dark side. As I stated above, this makes absolutely no sense to me. But I wish him the best of luck and thank him for his efforts at Duke. I am curious what degree he will be seeking at Maryland.

Unlike Maryland, Duke doesn't offer undergraduate or doctoral degrees in rioting, excessive coach perspiration, or car burning.

OldPhiKap
04-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I wish Obi well, and hope he has a great year.

lotusland
04-20-2017, 07:04 PM
Good luck to Sean. I'm not sure what kind of post depth the Twerps have but I'll be surprised if he's able to play more than spot minutes effectively there but It won't bother me in the least.

rsvman
04-20-2017, 08:48 PM
I guess he decided to give up academics and focus on basketball.

gep
04-21-2017, 01:03 AM
I guess he decided to give up academics and focus on basketball.

Wouldn't that be easier done at unc???

YmoBeThere
04-21-2017, 05:36 AM
I won't be shocked if he averages 10 pts and 7-8 boards a game if his knees are healthy. We are only young once, I'm sure he wants one more shot at high level basketball. Doesn't look like MD had a space eating big man on their roster last year. Not sure what their recruiting class looks like.

Good luck next year, Sean!

subzero02
04-21-2017, 09:08 AM
I always thought Turgeon had a subtle resemblance to Rob Zombie.....

lotusland
04-21-2017, 09:13 AM
Sure, it could be. But it seems unlikely that we would have held out two healthy viable players to the detriment of the team THIS year.

I assume Obi never rose above Vrank as a viable post option in which case he wasn't needed and would not have played even if he had been active. Did Obi participate in practices last year?

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-21-2017, 09:18 AM
I assume Obi never rose above Vrank as a viable post option in which case he wasn't needed and would not have played even if he had been active. Did Obi participate in practices last year?

But, if he didn't rise above Vrank, why would he garner playing time and a scholly at UM or Georgetown?

Anyway, I find it perplexing. Hope he finds what he's looking for, and I would love to see him at least don a uniform again (though he does look smashing in a tux).

brevity
04-21-2017, 09:47 AM
Washington Post reporting that Obi is headed to Maryland.

Here's a link (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2017/04/20/duke-graduate-transfer-sean-obi-commits-to-maryland-basketball/?utm_term=.5ff5992b1b50) to the Post story.

Don't ask me how I got this screenshot below. I guess plans for the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge are already underway...

http://ios.foxsash.com/images/21-04-2017/omXcNq.png

El_Diablo
04-21-2017, 11:37 AM
But, if he didn't rise above Vrank, why would he garner playing time and a scholly at UM or Georgetown?

Because someone who's been behind Vrank this year is still capable of getting some playing time and contributing at UM or Georgetown next year (or at least they're willing to take a shot on him for one year). And perhaps his health has improved.

westwall
04-21-2017, 11:47 PM

Almost two years ago to the day I heard reports that lead me to understand that Obi would never be a rotation player at Duke -- and "knees" had nothing to do with it, only playing ability. And now?? I wish him well at Maryland, and in his life. But I am also relieved he will not be occupying a roster spot at Duke in the coming year.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
04-22-2017, 07:28 AM
Almost two years ago to the day I heard reports that lead me to understand that Obi would never be a rotation player at Duke -- and "knees" had nothing to do with it, only playing ability. And now?? I wish him well at Maryland, and in his life. But I am also relieved he will not be occupying a roster spot at Duke in the coming year.

Clearly your intel was superior to mine.

DukeandMdFan
04-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Is a safety school with a bottle throwing course an oxymoron?

Unlike Maryland, Duke doesn't offer undergraduate or doctoral degrees in rioting, excessive coach perspiration, or car burning.

University of Maryland is the top program for a master's degree in criminal justice. Special topics and extra credit assignments are not mentioned in this article. http://http://www.criminaljusticedegreehub.com/top-10-masters-in-criminal-justice/

The basketball program also offers its own version of the usually successful OAD approach by bringing in grad transfers for one year.

Furniture
04-23-2017, 01:10 PM
My daughter (Trinity 2013) is doing her Masters at Maryland Uni. She did her fair share of Duke Maryland games in the Vasquez era but she didn't let that define what's best for her. Good luck Sean.

MCFinARL
04-23-2017, 09:53 PM

IIRC, Laura Keeley once tweeted about Sean Obi that he was a "missed evaluation"--but he had knee problems at the same time, so it was hard to know whether that tweet was fully accurate. Either way, I have seen/heard/read nothing to suggest that Sean Obi was anything other than an upstanding student athlete and a very good teammate during his time at Duke. And of course he was a spectacularly snappy dresser on the bench when injured. If moving on to Maryland is what is good for him now, more power to him. I'm glad he leaves with a Duke degree.

But I'm not especially relieved that he will not be occupying a roster spot next year, as I will be very surprised if Duke maxes out its scholarships in the coming season (especially since Justin Robinson has a scholarship only on an "if available" basis). Granted it's possible all of Duke's targets will come AND Frank Jackson will come back too, I don't think it is likely. And to hit 13 we would need Duval, Knox, Bamba, and one more new recruit--whether recent target Mark Smith or someone else. So there would probably be room for Obi if there were a reason for him to stay.

sagegrouse
04-24-2017, 08:02 AM

We should not overlook his sartorial splendor on the Duke bench.

lotusland
04-26-2017, 05:47 AM
Here's a link (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/terrapins-insider/wp/2017/04/20/duke-graduate-transfer-sean-obi-commits-to-maryland-basketball/?utm_term=.5ff5992b1b50) to the Post story.

Don't ask me how I got this screenshot below. I guess plans for the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge are already underway...

http://ios.foxsash.com/images/21-04-2017/omXcNq.png

I really want to know how to do that but creating imaginary text threads might become an all consuming drag on my productivity...