PDA

View Full Version : uncCheat vs UK

Fish80
03-25-2017, 10:38 AM
I can't believe it, but I'm actually rooting for UNC. I feel sick and dirty.

Bluedog
03-25-2017, 10:40 AM

Uh, what?! Why?! I'm rooting hard for UK and it's not even close.

chriso
03-25-2017, 10:49 AM

Can they play to a 10 overtime tie and both have to forfeit and go home? :cool:

Duke76
03-25-2017, 11:09 AM

Me too, UK beats Carolina, Kansas beats UK and the then USC beats Kansas!

DinoDuke
03-25-2017, 11:10 AM

Absolutely, this is the best case scenario.

superdave
03-25-2017, 11:12 AM

#GTHC

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-25-2017, 11:22 AM
You had better get yourself to an ER quickly. There is definitely something terribly wrong with you.

arnie
03-25-2017, 11:25 AM

And you should feel that way. Please reconsider for those of us living near hell.

TKG
03-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Ich bin ein Wildcatter!

gam7
03-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Ich bin ein Wildcatter!

Can't spork, but this is funny.

MChambers
03-25-2017, 11:35 AM
The forecast doesn't call for any meteors, so I'm rooting for the cleaner program: Kentucky.

Indoor66
03-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Go Big Blue!

wsb3
03-25-2017, 11:43 AM
KENTUCKY all the way & it ain't even a deliberation. I have actually pulled for them each game because I see them as UNC's most difficult hurdle...

devildeac
03-25-2017, 11:53 AM

I note you don't live in NC. :rolleyes:

No question from one of the Mt. Hatemore reps here. I have 2 favorite teams, and tomorrow, one of them is UK. That affliction is temporary. The other is loathing and that one is permanent.

9F.

DukePA
03-25-2017, 12:07 PM
May the proper shade of blue prevail. GTHc!!!

Steven43
03-25-2017, 12:10 PM
I note you don't live in NC. :rolleyes:

No question from one of the Mt. Hatemore reps here. I have 2 favorite teams, and tomorrow, one of them is UK. That affliction is temporary. The other is loathing and that one is permanent.

9F.

Yep, there is no way Fish80 could live in North Carolina and root for UNC against ANYONE, even UK.

Best case scenario is Kentucky beats UNC, Oregon beats Kansas, Oregon beats Kentucky and Xavier beats Oregon. Xavier is your 2016-2017 National Champion! Fingers crossed.

DukieInKansas
03-25-2017, 12:23 PM
The forecast doesn't call for any meteors, so I'm rooting for the cleaner program: Kentucky.

Are you sure there aren't any meteors on the horizon?

weezie
03-25-2017, 12:26 PM

Can't even fathom how a Duke fan brain could ever, ever, ever torture itself into hole pulling.
No way, no how, not ever, never, ain't happening.
N-O-P-E.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Yep, there is no way Fish80 could live in North Carolina and root for UNC against ANYONE, even UK.

Best case scenario is Kentucky beats UNC, Oregon beats Kansas, Oregon beats Kentucky and Xavier beats Oregon. Xavier is your 2016-2017 National Champion! Fingers crossed.

I'll take South Carolina over Kentucky or Kansas, just so that their win against Duke will look a bit better for us.

Edouble
03-25-2017, 12:42 PM

I am happy with this. X for the win!

devildeac
03-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Can't even fathom how a Duke fan brain could ever, ever, ever torture itself into hole pulling.
N-O-P-E.

Erudite words from a fellow enshrinee on the Mount.

unclsam1
03-25-2017, 01:27 PM
Torn but in some sense not too shabby seeing teams like UNC and Florida advance that Duke beat 3 0f 4 games in the regular season. In the end though will pull for UK.

Olympic Fan
03-25-2017, 01:28 PM
I gotta wonder about the Duke fan credentials of the OP. For one thing, he got the title of the thread wrong.

It should be UNC-Cheat vs. UK. Mods, please fix it.

wavedukefan70s
03-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Have to root for the gamecocks.atleast we lost to the champion.out of the two ill take kentucky.

WillJ
03-25-2017, 01:37 PM
Never root for UNC. Never ever.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-25-2017, 01:38 PM
As a Duke fan and Vandy grad, I loathe Kentucky. However, I'l be rooting for UK. Never Carolina.

Doria
03-25-2017, 01:40 PM
No question here, UK all the way (I mean, all the way tomorrow).

Unfortunately, I think the Kansas game is before the Carolina game, so I won't know the outcome of the latter. Otherwise, I'd root against KS, but because of the schedule, I will have to pull for KS, in case KY comes up short.

Other side of the bracket... Gonzaga/Xavier, I guess I like Xavier, but if the Zags win, it's fine. And I will pull for the Gators. (I see the value in losing to the eventual champs, but I don't care. I resent the heck out of SC now! Also, the FL game was great last night.)

Hoping for some good games. Honestly, I don't want it to be close (in the right direction), but the Carolina/KY game should be entertaining. I didn't see their earlier game this year, but they have the potential to have a great game.

brevity
03-25-2017, 01:54 PM
I gotta wonder about the Duke fan credentials of the OP. For one thing, he got the title of the thread wrong.

It should be UNC-Cheat vs. UK. Mods, please fix it.

It shouldn't be a thread at all. We have a Sweet 16/Elite 8 thread. There is nothing special about this Regional final, other than the fact that it's the only chalk final.

Go whoever. Then lose to Kansas, please.

Rich
03-25-2017, 02:17 PM

With Calipari at the helm, there's probably only one program in the country you could refer to in that way!

YmoBeThere
03-25-2017, 02:22 PM
As a Duke fan and Vandy grad, I loathe Kentucky. However, I'l be rooting for UK. Never Carolina.

As a Duke and Vandy grad, since no meteor activity is in the offing, I'm hoping any remnants of Skylab fall in the appropriate location. Or perhaps North Korea can be given the appropriate help before someone wipes out their ICBM program...

Nrrrrvous
03-25-2017, 02:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3nyn_yZQ98

"It happened before, it could happen again..."

rsvman
03-25-2017, 02:34 PM
It has become an annual event, Kentucky beating UNCheat, and I am quite looking forward to this year's installment.

BD80
03-25-2017, 02:55 PM
Are you sure there aren't any meteors on the horizon?

Has an entire arena ever spontaneously combusted? Although I'd hate for innocent fans to suffer - unc and ky fans aren't innocent

aimo
03-25-2017, 03:11 PM
I'm pulling for a giant sinkhole myself.

kAzE
03-25-2017, 03:17 PM

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm rooting for UNC too. Obviously, if they could both lose, that would preferable, but I just hate UK more personally. Keep in mind, I grew up in Lexington, KY (1998 was brutal), and I'm a Vandy undergrad alum. Just a different set of circumstances than most :)

Devilwin
03-25-2017, 03:21 PM
No way I pull for those scumbags from UNC. Don't think we'll have to worry though, that darker shade of blue gives them the creeps..

RepoMan
03-25-2017, 03:28 PM

You should. That is gross.

jv001
03-25-2017, 04:02 PM
I will never, ever root for the Cheats. I do live in NC and have suffered through years of boasting about the Carolina way. Now we know what the Carolina way is all about. Cheat, cheat, cheat and if that doesn't work, cheat some more. Oh, I hate that team. GoDuke!

Spanarkel
03-25-2017, 04:28 PM

it's better to start over than continue down a path you know is wrong for your soul

Philsfan
03-25-2017, 05:31 PM
I live 5.3 miles from Cameron and 8.9 miles from the Dump on the Hump. Never root for the Cheats (and slimy Calipari is my least favorite coach of all time)

kshepinthehouse
03-25-2017, 05:46 PM
If Satan himself played against UNC I would be 100% in satans's corner. Fill in any other names and the same logic applies I.E. Hitler, Bin Laden,Hussein, etc.

Reddevil
03-25-2017, 05:53 PM
If Satan himself played against UNC I would be 100% in satans's corner. Fill in any other names and the same logic applies I.E. Hitler, Bin Laden,Hussein, etc.

Right. Pulling for UK over UNC is like pulling for Dracula over Satan, or like getting a cavity filled vs having a root canal.

jv001
03-25-2017, 06:00 PM
I live 5.3 miles from Cameron and 8.9 miles from the Dump on the Hump. Never root for the Cheats (and slimy Calipari is my least favorite coach of all time)

Cal has moved ahead of Cheaten Roy and Cheaten Saint Dean. I even like Huggy Bear over any cheat coaches. I have nothing against UNC grads and some players(Bobby Jones, Walter Davis, Kangaroo Kid and Brad Daugherty) but those cheat fans(most) are the ones that can GTHC. GoDuke!

WVDUKEFAN
03-25-2017, 06:13 PM
I'm pulling for Carolina. Kentucky fans are the worst.

hallcity
03-25-2017, 06:47 PM
My head tells me that Duke recruits against UK but not against UNC anymore but first principles, so GTHC. I'd still prefer the meteor solution to this dilemma.

devildeac
03-25-2017, 07:47 PM
My sister in law and her husband (both Duke grads and living in Lexington, KY) are hoping for UK to lose and no one to win. :cool:

gofurman
03-25-2017, 08:01 PM
Go U.K. Then Kansas is my hearts desire. Bill Self seems a good guy in general and he and K have no hatred. I am fine w Kansas or Florida or Gonzaga. Actually would pull for Zags - no one ever believes they are real

bluedev_92
03-25-2017, 08:09 PM
N-O-P-E.

Yes - it doesn't matter whether you live in North Carolina or North Dakota!!! I don't understand the thought process...

jacone21
03-25-2017, 08:14 PM
Has the OP been banned yet? C'mon mods!

I will refer to my December post (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?39031-Yearly-Question&p=932082#post932082) on the subject.

moonpie23
03-25-2017, 08:49 PM

when's the last time you had your meds?

utahdevil
03-25-2017, 10:28 PM
Go U.K. Then Kansas is my hearts desire. Bill Self seems a good guy in general and he and K have no hatred. I am fine w Kansas or Florida or Gonzaga. Actually would pull for Zags - no one ever believes they are real

Kansas has really turned me off this year. Perhaps it's solely a function of the media (ESPN), but with all of the shade thrown at Grayson this year Kansas has been running a misdemeanor/felony factory and all anyone in the media says is "Kansas is so great, look at how many BigXII titles they've won in a row." While I agree that the streak is amazing, and I generally like Self, can you imagine the reaction if the crimes going on at Kansas (and the complete lack of accountability for those misdeeds) happened at Duke? The internet nearly exploded when Grayson was only suspended for one game. Can you imagine if Grayson had been charged with, you know, an actual crime?

Anyway, I find myself rooting for Kansas just b/c if UNCheats gets by UK I feel like Kansas is a worse match for the cheats.

Fish80
03-25-2017, 10:51 PM
Maybe I ate steak on a plane, idk, I just landed somewhere. I can't root for either of these teams. My head is exploding.

CarmenWallaceWade
03-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Well take Kansas out of the equation. Oregon is not a team I'd want to face right now. Dominant performance tonight after wins over red hot Michigan and a tough team in URI.

PackMan97
03-26-2017, 06:16 AM

Carolina is Carolina. I grew up hating Carolina and little did I realize that the Tarheel are an even worse version of Carolina. East, West, North or South they are all Carolina and they can go to heck!

arnie
03-26-2017, 07:28 AM

Hitler vs Heels makes me pause. Tough call all around- I might ask for best 2 out of 3.

Indoor66
03-26-2017, 08:12 AM
Is this an episode of Steak on a Plane?

devildeac
03-26-2017, 09:15 AM

Hitler vs Heels makes me pause. Tough call all around- I might ask for best 2 out of 3.

Time to close the thread:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

:rolleyes:

Troublemaker
03-26-2017, 02:20 PM
Because I consider Kentucky to be the greater threat to win it all, there had been a 1% part of me that wouldn't have minded UNC winning by 1 or 2.

BUT, with Oregon beating Kansas, I have exorcised that 1% demon from my body. Oregon's a very good team but I would've trusted Kansas to torture and beat UNC more than the Ducks. Partly because I think Kansas is a quicker version of Duke, daddy of UNC.

Anyway, with my exorcism having been performed, it's all about Go Cats, Go Big Blue today!

Fish80
03-26-2017, 06:32 PM
I took the under, I'm loving every missed shot. 😊

Dukehky
03-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Luke Maye scored more points this year than Jeter, Bolden, and Giles combined. Dude is turning into a folk hero. I saw saw he and Tony Bradley walking into Beauty and the Beast together the other night. Got some Disney inspiration before his big second weekend performance.

eddiehaskell
03-26-2017, 06:50 PM
Maye is channeling some Hansbrough hate.

hsheffield
03-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Back when I was a young possum, UNC had my Gamecocks for lunch darn near every time they played.

(I believe they last played in 1972, South Carolina losing to UNC in the NCAA regional semi-final.)

So, it would give me great pleasure for South Carolina to eviscerate UNC in the National Championship game.

...and it wouldn't hurt that we lost to the eventual champion.

So I'm pulling for the UNCheats (and the ACC)

may god have mercy on my soul.

NM Duke Fan
03-26-2017, 07:27 PM
One of the most intensely competitive, well-played games I have seen in my decades of watching BB. Both of these teams were amazing, and should be quite proud of themselves for stepping up.

eddiehaskell
03-26-2017, 07:28 PM
How in the hell does Kentucky give up a wide open jumper to win the game? Idiots.

Fish80
03-26-2017, 07:29 PM
How in the hell does Kentucky give up a wide open jumper to win the game? Idiots.

Happens.

Dukehky
03-26-2017, 07:31 PM
Luke Maye. The bane of my existence.

Newton_14
03-26-2017, 07:35 PM
Obviously God is punishing Duke for uncCheats 25 years of systemic cheating... we are the new Cleveland St....that game looked fixed.... I need to go vomit now, excuse me

jipops
03-26-2017, 07:37 PM
That was the 2017 title game right there. It's a waltz from here on out.

hsheffield
03-26-2017, 07:39 PM

no seriously, I think South Carolina can beat them.

Wouldn't it be great for them to get so close and lose AGAIN?

Newton_14
03-26-2017, 07:42 PM

If Oregon plays like they did last night they can beat them. The big question is can/will Oregon play at a high level. If yes then I like their chances

kshepinthehouse
03-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Looked like Monk got fouled on that last 3 he hit.

lotusland
03-26-2017, 07:50 PM
I'll have to settle for the Rupp Rafters meltdown. An IC meltdown after OT would have been so much more enjoyable. Final Four beats ACC champs and 2-3 head to head I'm afraid. Maybe SC beats them in the championship on a buzzer beater, Cheats get hammered by the NCAA, Roy retires and both Seventh Woods and Jalek Felton transfer to South Carolina .

#1Duke
03-26-2017, 07:51 PM
Caliper crying about the refs!

jipops
03-26-2017, 07:52 PM
If Oregon plays like they did last night they can beat them. The big question is can/will Oregon play at a high level. If yes then I like their chances

Oregon played great D against Kansas but their perimeter was small. I expect the cheats to walk all over them, especially with Oregon's best interior defender out. This won't be much of a game. Pinson will be on Dorsey and the Ducks' offense will be limp.

Not reverse jinxing here. I firmly believe the tournament ended with this game. They're the best team. Shouldn't have been a 1 seed for sure but they are the best team now.

slower
Something tells me we're going to be getting a VERY large dose of Wheat in our diet.

And we can all keep talking about how SC or Oregon or Gonzaga can beat the Cheats, but I'm guessing we all also have that sick, sinking feeling in our stomach.

Troublemaker
I'll have to settle for the Rupp Rafters meltdown. An IC meltdown after OT would have been so much more enjoyable. Final Four beats ACC champs and 2-3 head to head I'm afraid. Maybe SC beats them in the championship on a buzzer beater, Cheats get hammered by the NCAA, Roy retires and both Seventh Woods and Jalek Felton transfer to South Carolina .

No doubt about it. I would've taken our season up until today, but Final Four is a trump card.

WHOneedsSOX
03-26-2017, 07:53 PM
Should Calipari have called timeout after the Monk 3 to set his defense?

WiJoe
03-26-2017, 07:55 PM
Something tells me we're going to be getting a VERY large dose of Wheat in our diet.

And we can all keep talking about how SC or Oregon or Gonzaga can beat the Cheats, but I'm guessing we all also have that sick, sinking feeling in our stomach.

lock him out.

UNCfan
03-26-2017, 07:55 PM

Wheat only shows up win UNC is winning. I think he charters bandwagons for a living.

jipops
03-26-2017, 07:57 PM
No doubt about it. I would've taken our season up until today, but Final Four is a trump card.

No doubt. I would take a FF over any prior season accomplishments.

lotusland
03-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Wheat only shows up win UNC is winning. I think he charters bandwagons for a living.

I'm going to challenge Wheat to try gloating in 3 sentences or less for a change. Never mind at least I don't bother reading his epistles.

DukeWarhead
03-26-2017, 08:01 PM
I have very little faith in Oregon, but will have to hope for a repeat of last year's sweet justice at the end.

chriso
03-26-2017, 08:06 PM
I have very little faith in Oregon, but will have to hope for a repeat of last year's sweet justice at the end.

The Ducks can do it. They are tough as nails and on a mission. Just ask Kansas. All is not lost....:cool:

weezie
03-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Is it over?

Barf.

eddiehaskell
03-26-2017, 08:12 PM
The Ducks can do it. They are tough as nails and on a mission. Just ask Kansas. All is not lost...:cool:Getting too positive usually ends up with a team like Oregon following their epic win with a 30% shooting night against the Heels.

Troublemaker
03-26-2017, 08:13 PM
Is it over?

Barf.

This is only the first of 3 big punches they have to take. When the brackets came out, we knew they'd only take 3 feeble punches before landing in the Elite 8.

The only thing that really sucks is that Duke isn't still in it, ready to do some punching.

weezie
03-26-2017, 08:14 PM
Well, you have a point...the Germans haven't bombed Pearl Harbor yet...

TruBlu
03-26-2017, 08:22 PM
How in the world is Memphis ever going to get two programs worth of slime off of their court. The stench there must be awful.

SoCalDukeFan
03-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Should Calipari have called timeout after the Monk 3 to set his defense?

And yes again. Of course if unc cheats did not score it would not have mattered but set the D.

SoCal

arnie
03-26-2017, 08:35 PM
Getting too positive usually ends up with a team like Oregon following their epic win with a 30% shooting night against the Heels.

I have 0 doubt that the Heels steamroll Oregaon and strongly believe they win their 6th. Only consolation: that may keep K in the game longer as he goes after his 6th.

hsheffield
03-26-2017, 09:02 PM
something tells me we're going to be getting a very large dose of wheat in our diet.

And we can all keep talking about how sc or oregon or gonzaga can beat the cheats, but i'm guessing we all also have that sick, sinking feeling in our stomach.

no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-bdbd
03-26-2017, 09:35 PM
Interesting in Calipari's press conference, a reporter asked about all of the foul calls and having to play reserves a lot of minutes late in the first half. They held their own vs NC, but clearly he was NOT happy with the reffing (a few oblique references to the foul trouble KY wasss put in, and them "not allowing me to play my regulars (who he chose to sit with two fouls). He made more than one reference to "it's there on the tape." :p

Hmmm.

WiJoe
03-26-2017, 09:35 PM
loser's lament. whiner.

ncexnyc
03-26-2017, 09:42 PM
loser's lament. whiner.

I'd be careful how you throw that word whiner around. It's been a whole week since we lost and there are people on this forum who are still harping on and on about either the officiating and/or the seeding.

Newton_14
03-26-2017, 09:46 PM
loser's lament. whiner.
Yeah agree. I hate college refs but there were very few calls in that game to complain about. Cal got outcoached plain an simple. His two star guards were passive on offense the end the entire game while Cal ran plays over and over for role players. And he totally coached horribly those final 3 minutes. Up 5 points, unc goes zone and rather than running something to get Monk open, the kid doesn't even touch the ball. Terrible coaching. The first time they had the ball down 3 with less than a minute left, they ran no semblance of an offense and instead of calling timeout to set something up, he lets them throw up a wild two point attempt. Then when Monk finally decides to shoot and makes the game tying 3, instead of calling an immediate timeout (like K would have done a hundred times out of a hundred) he does nothing and allows unc to get a rush up the floor an end up with a wide open 15 footer.

I thought Roy outcoached Cal throughout the entire game.

WiJoe
03-26-2017, 10:43 PM
I'd be careful how you throw that word whiner around. It's been a whole week since we lost and there are people on this forum who are still harping on and on about either the officiating and/or the seeding.

I am referring SOLELY to calipari. But if the shoes fits, so be it.

oakvillebluedevil
03-26-2017, 11:32 PM
Wow this sucks.

One thing I will say - I've talked a whole lotta crap about Luke Maye since he was a freshman. As a Duke fan, this is a terrible day and I really don't like him.

But as a human being, he's worked hard and now has an objectively pretty awesome moment - good on him.

Here's hoping Oregon gets red hot and drops them by 30.

I'm gonna go take a shower to wash the stench of all this off.

moonpie23
03-26-2017, 11:36 PM
look, y'all know i'm HATER LEVEL: JEDI MASTER, but you've gotta release the hate and give this team some props....all these kids came to unc when the dark cloud of cheater was hanging over them....they committed, played hard and now, they're in the mix...

i hate the program, but, i don't hate these players...

GO COCKS!!!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-27-2017, 01:29 AM
look, y'all know i'm HATER LEVEL: JEDI MASTER, but you've gotta release the hate and give this team some props...all these kids came to unc when the dark cloud of cheater was hanging over them...they committed, played hard and now, they're in the mix...

GO COCKS!!!

Hard to hate on Maye when he wanted so bad to go to UNC that he skipped his scholarship offers and walked on at UNC. You can question his sanity, sure, but the kid has stuck in and become a baller. I don't think even the most staunch Tar Heel supporter would have believed that UNC would beat Kentucky if their best players were Meeks and Maye.

Let's go Cocks!

Dukelogger
03-27-2017, 09:13 AM
Hard to hate on Maye when he wanted so bad to go to UNC that he skipped his scholarship offers and walked on at UNC. You can question his sanity, sure, but the kid has stuck in and become a baller. I don't think even the most staunch Tar Heel supporter would have believed that UNC would beat Kentucky if their best players were Meeks and Maye.

Let's go Cocks!

I don't hate Maye for the very reason you mentioned above, and I'm aware I will always have a biased opinion, so I ask this to get honest feedback...Did Luke Maye not travel on that last shot? Looks like he took three, maybe four, steps to get set?

Aziggazoomba
03-27-2017, 09:21 AM
I don't hate Maye for the very reason you mentioned above, and I'm aware I will always have a biased opinion, so I ask this to get honest feedback...Did Luke Maye not travel on that last shot? Looks like he took three, maybe four, steps to get set?

He was getting his feet set before he got the ball.

PackMan97
03-27-2017, 09:25 AM

...and that has nothing to do with whether he traveled or not.

That said, no ref on earth is ever going to call that...well except for me. I don't think UNC would ever get to hold the ball for longer than 10s before I found somehting to call them on, unfortunately no one is hiring me to work UNC's games.

Channing
03-27-2017, 09:29 AM
maybe now UNC fans will stop complaining that Seth Curry traveled during the comeback that culminated in Austin Rivers...

...probably not though.

Dukelogger
03-27-2017, 09:47 AM

looks like he set his feet then decided to slide his foot and hop back. then front foot replants. In any case, they didn't call it and not going to get called on a last second shot. But I'm pretty sure he walked.

elvis14
03-27-2017, 09:58 AM
look, y'all know i'm HATER LEVEL: JEDI MASTER, but you've gotta release the hate and give this team some props...all these kids came to unc when the dark cloud of cheater was hanging over them...they committed, played hard and now, they're in the mix...

GO COCKS!!!

Interesting. I have a very different take on this. First, UNCheat should be punished. All wins for which players were made eligible by fake classes should be vacated in all sports (that will wipe out the 2005 and probably the 2009 teams). But there should be punishments going forward as well: post season bans, losses of scholarships, etc. People often say that it's not fair to punish the current players for the sins of the past but in this case we have players that have come to play at UNC knowing full well that the the program was dirty for 20+ years. They chose to come anyway and the hammer should drop and if they get hammered, it was their choice.

Until they are punished properly for decades of cheating, every thing they do is illegitimate in my book. Tarnished Heels all the way. Shame and damnation on them all 9F.

PackMan97
03-27-2017, 10:07 AM
Interesting. I have a very different take on this. First, UNCheat should be punished. All wins for which players were made eligible by fake classes should be vacated in all sports (that will wipe out the 2005 and probably the 2009 teams). But there should be punishments going forward as well: post season bans, losses of scholarships, etc. People often say that it's not fair to punish the current players for the sins of the past but in this case we have players that have come to play at UNC knowing full well that the the program was dirty for 20+ years. They chose to come anyway and the hammer should drop and if they get hammered, it was their choice.

Until they are punished properly for decades of cheating, every thing they do is illegitimate in my book. Tarnished Heels all the way. Shame and damnation on them all 9F.

Not to mention the reason those kids went to UNC is because of the success UNC has had from cheating since 1988.

I find it amazing, I have an Oregon sweatshirt in my closet...waiting for just this occassion. :)

UNCfan
03-27-2017, 10:09 AM
I find it amazing, I have an Oregon sweatshirt in my closet...waiting for just this occassion. :)

It is amazing that you have an Oregon sweatshirt in your closet. It probably sits next to your State gear that you put away after the first day of the ACC tournament. Go Heels!

SoCalDukeFan
03-27-2017, 10:53 AM
"Why is UNC even in the tournament? How long have they been under investigation? It is a mockery that the university responsible for the most egregious cheating scandal ever is still eligible for a championship (any championship) and some may say even allowed to play at all. Are the "powers that be" going to drag this out so long so that everyone will just forget about it, or perhaps they are waiting for everyone with any knowledge or memory of North Carolina's shabbiness to just die off? This is two years now that UNC (the cheating-est school ever) has been allowed to continue to make money and "job" the system. Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal

rsvman
03-27-2017, 11:18 AM
I think Jackson walked on the cherry pick layup, too, though not add egregiously as the South Carolina player did in the earlier game.

All water under the bridge by now, so it doesn't much matter.

elvis14
03-27-2017, 02:37 PM
"Why is UNC even in the tournament? How long have they been under investigation? It is a mockery that the university responsible for the most egregious cheating scandal ever is still eligible for a championship (any championship) and some may say even allowed to play at all. Are the "powers that be" going to drag this out so long so that everyone will just forget about it, or perhaps they are waiting for everyone with any knowledge or memory of North Carolina's shabbiness to just die off? This is two years now that UNC (the cheating-est school ever) has been allowed to continue to make money and "job" the system. Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal

This is really well said and echo's my sentiments. The fact that the media continues to give them a pass is disgusting as well.

Atlanta Duke
03-27-2017, 03:09 PM
"Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal

He might be setting up for that ride into the sunset if he wins next Monday night. CBS had one of those obligatory soft feature stories it runs during the tournament in which Roy and several of his grandchildren walked with the ducks at the Peabody Hotel (which the narrator noted repeated the duck walk Roy took when UNC played in the South Regional in Memphis during their 2009 title run). Roy was walking with a cane. Given the recurring statements about his loss of close friends and his own health issues I could see Roy emulating Dean and suddenly saying he is done without a long goodbye tour.

Until then I am glad at least one NY Post writer decided not to ignore the scandal in order to avoid diminishing anyone's enjoyment of the tournament.

Jim Nantz’s NCAA whitewashing enables scandal and disgrace

[Jim] Nantz knows Roy Williams’ success at North Carolina — including two national titles — to some great extent was predicated on sustained, as in at least 15 years, academic fraud, including no-show classes for his basketball recruits that guaranteed A’s and B’s...

Yet Nantz not only avoided mention of this colossal, enabling scandal, he spoke of Williams as if he’s a beloved Eagle Scouts leader.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/jim-nantzs-ncaa-whitewashing-enables-scandal-and-disgrace/

Bonus points for the writer then going on to attack Calipari

Ggallagher
03-27-2017, 10:17 PM
I don't know if this is for real, but it did crack me up. Got to give it to Laettner for taking the opportunity to gig Kentucky even if it did come at the cost of a UNC win.

kAzE
03-28-2017, 11:53 AM
https://vimeo.com/210359968

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rooferees/reviews/

Thousands of Kentucky fans have mobilized against John Higgins, one of the officials for the UNC/UK game.

Higgins is a business owner in addition to his gig as an NCAA official; he runs a residential and commercial roofing business.

UK fans are so upset at him, that they have gone to Facebook, Yelp, and other sites en masse to give this man's business 1 star reviews out of spite. UNC may cheat, and they may not have a shred of integrity, but UK fans are still the most unreasonable, illogical, and spiteful fans in college sports. (And I know way too many of them for my own good)

I thought we got hosed by the officials even worse than UK in our game vs South Carolina, but I'd never go this far. This is just ridiculous.