PDA

View Full Version : 'Marcus Stroman is USA's Main Man'

sagegrouse
03-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Dominating performance (http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/78257/marcus-stroman-is-usas-main-man) by the Duke hurler in the finals of the World Baseball Classic, taking a no-hitter into the seventh inning of Team USA's 8-0 win over Puerto Rico.

revmel53
03-23-2017, 08:49 AM
Duke's Marcus Stroman threw six hitless innings, and U. S. beat Puerto Rico 8-0 to win its first World Baseball Classic! Proud of you Marcus. Go Duke!

kostar
03-23-2017, 10:11 AM
#HDMH - Caught the highlights of his outing and he looked really good. As a Duke Basketball fan in Toronto, thus a Blue Jays fan. We've been following the Stro-Show very closely and the city loves him! really hoping that he finds significant consistency this year than he did last year because we need him! Toronto sports radio was raving about his WBC performance as well.

uh_no
03-23-2017, 10:40 AM
America's Pastime :)

flyingdutchdevil
03-23-2017, 10:42 AM
The most amazing thing about Marcus Stroman is that he's 5'8". In today's MLB, tiny pitchers are not highly valued. He's basically the Isaiah Thomas of the MLB.

summerwind03
03-23-2017, 11:21 AM
The most amazing thing about Marcus Stroman is that he's 5'8". In today's MLB, tiny pitchers are not highly valued. He's basically the Isaiah Thomas of the MLB.

That is really interesting. When I go to minor and major league games, I always look at the heights of the players and most teams only have a couple of players under 6 feet.

gam7
03-23-2017, 01:15 PM
Three things:

1. Apparently, nobody reads the Duke in Pro Baseball thread! (Or, nobody reads my posts, which is more understandable.)

2. Worth noting that Marcus was selected as the MVP of the WBC, which is an huge honor considering how stacked the USA roster was.

3. Very interesting story - Marcus is half-Puerto Rican and is therefore eligible to play for Puerto Rico in the WBC. Back in 2013, Marcus tweeted that he was looking forward to pitching for Puerto Rico in this year's WBC, but changed his mind a few months ago and decided to pitch for the US. He and his mom (she's Puerto Rican and supported his decision to switch 100%) received a bunch of social media backlash over it. Funny how this all worked out. Link (http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18974233/marcus-stroman-defends-mother-pitching-united-states-puerto-rico)

grateful_duke
03-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Duke and Blue Jays diehard..... The Stro-Show is my dooooood :cool:

One of my favo(u)rite athletes today.

BD80
03-23-2017, 08:25 PM
All of EVERYONE'S bases belong to Stroman.

awhom111
03-24-2017, 01:18 AM
Three things:

1. Apparently, nobody reads the Duke in Pro Baseball thread! (Or, nobody reads my posts, which is more understandable.)

2. Worth noting that Marcus was selected as the MVP of the WBC, which is an huge honor considering how stacked the USA roster was.

3. Very interesting story - Marcus is half-Puerto Rican and is therefore eligible to play for Puerto Rico in the WBC. Back in 2013, Marcus tweeted that he was looking forward to pitching for Puerto Rico in this year's WBC, but changed his mind a few months ago and decided to pitch for the US. He and his mom (she's Puerto Rican and supported his decision to switch 100%) received a bunch of social media backlash over it. Funny how this all worked out. Link (http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18974233/marcus-stroman-defends-mother-pitching-united-states-puerto-rico)

You posted in a thread that I started. What you didn't know is that those threads enter a magical vortex in a different dimension that sometimes can't be posted in and people who read them later forget that they existed.