PDA

View Full Version : Duke baseball anyone??

godukerocks
03-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I don't know if any of you have notcied, but the Duke baseball team is really, really, off to a hot start. With their walk off win today against Xavier, they are now 15-1. 15-1. That equals their win total from last year. Sean McNally has really started to turn things around, and it looks like Duke is starting to excell at yet another sport. Your thoughts?

tombrady
03-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I don't know if any of you have notcied, but the Duke baseball team is really, really, off to a hot start. With their walk off win today against Xavier, they are now 15-1. 15-1. That equals their win total from last year. Sean McNally has really started to turn things around, and it looks like Duke is starting to excell at yet another sport. Your thoughts?

Talk to me about Duke baseball after they play the ACC season, not Mount St Marys, St Bonaventure, Albany, and Holy Cross.

The problem here is that so many kids (think they) have the potential of getting to the big show (since there are so many minor league opportunities + a deep draft) that many many high school players give up a great education and non-baseball future (Duke) for a infinitesimally greater chance at getting to the majors by playing at a bigger baseball school. You're stuck recruiting players who are basically giving up getting seriously noticed unless they really stand out.

imagepro
03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
At least they aren't 1-15. Give them some credit. And yes I have noticed, and appreciate the efforts too Rocks!

jimsumner
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
There's no question that Duke baseball is heading in the right direction but it's a little early to start talking excellence. The ACC is a pretty tough neighborhood for baseball.