PDA

View Full Version : Very happy for JD and UCF

duketaylor
03-22-2017, 09:08 PM
UCF makes it to NY for the NIT semis. Congrats!! JD was a classmate of mine and used to come over to our apartment off-campus on Friday nights to watch cable tv and hang out. Along with Tommy Amaker, David Henderson and others as cable was in it's infancy. Enjoyed meeting the guys back in the day. I was known as the dude on the golf team;) Had a few classes with them as well. All class acts. Glad they've done well.

GO UCF!!! GTHC!!!

gep
03-23-2017, 01:10 AM
Nice first step. If I recall correctly, he had Stanford winning the NIT. So, next step is winning the NIT... or even making the big dance. GO JD:cool:

Imagine the day when Chris, Wojo, Johnny, Tommy, and Mike Brey all make the NCAAT. Odds are that Coach K/Duke (hopefully) will have to play one of them...

Olympic Fan
03-23-2017, 01:18 AM
The NIT is working out a ;ot better than the NCAA ...

Very good win tonight for UCF over Illinois to earn a trip to New York for the NIT semifinals.

Georgia Tech is also in the semis. On Tuesday night, it's CSU Bakersfield vs. Georgia Tech and TCU vs. UCF.

It would be kind of funny if UNC loses this weekend (I'm afraid they'll beat Butler, but they could lose to UCLA or Kentucky in the regional finals). That would leave Georgia Tech as the last ACC team standing.

throatybeard
03-23-2017, 08:08 AM
It would be kind of funny if UNC loses this weekend

Indeed, a hilarious relief.

Reilly
03-23-2017, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Olympic Fan;966887] ... It would be kind of funny if UNC loses this weekend ... [QUOTE]

Funny "ha-ha" or funny "strange/interesting" or funny "we live in a world with a just God who cares for us"?

CrazyNotCrazie
03-23-2017, 09:42 AM
The NIT is working out a ;ot better than the NCAA ...

Very good win tonight for UCF over Illinois to earn a trip to New York for the NIT semifinals.

Georgia Tech is also in the semis. On Tuesday night, it's CSU Bakersfield vs. Georgia Tech and TCU vs. UCF.

It would be kind of funny if UNC loses this weekend (I'm afraid they'll beat Butler, but they could lose to UCLA or Kentucky in the regional finals). That would leave Georgia Tech as the last ACC team standing.

Johnny will be going against Jamie Dixon. I'm curious to see if anyone actually shows up for these games - not particularly compelling matchups, particularly for the average New Yorker, and none of these schools have any alumni base here except maybe GA Tech.

throatybeard
03-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Johnny will be going against Jamie Dixon. I'm curious to see if anyone actually shows up for these games - not particularly compelling matchups, particularly for the average New Yorker, and none of these schools have any alumni base here except maybe GA Tech.

There is no value in having the NIT in New York City. 😂😂😂