PDA

View Full Version : How will you be watching the rest of the tourney, if at all?

scottdude8
03-20-2017, 10:45 AM
I definitely have to keep watching given my second team (Go Blue!) is possibly the story of the tournament, given the plane crash etc. etc. Here's my hierarchy of rooting:

1) Michigan!
2) Whoever is playing UNC
3) Gonzaga (I think Mark Few deserves a Final Four)
4) Wisconsin (love the way they run that program... they've always been the team in the B1G I root for if there is no conflict with Michigan)
5) Upsets!!!

Anyone else still have some interest? Who is not going to be able to watch the tourney at all? Normally I'd be close to that second category if it wasn't for Michigan helping me hold on to my sanity, haha.

FerryFor50
03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
Done watching. Just hoping UNC loses before the final four.

hudlow
03-20-2017, 10:49 AM
ABC!

OldPhiKap
03-20-2017, 10:50 AM
Sure. South Carolina was actually the only other team I was pulling for except Duke (hated that they played each other so early), and of course whoever plays UNC.

But I won't be building my weekends around games, either.

Go 'Cocks, Go to HELL (North) Carolina.

devildeac
03-20-2017, 10:50 AM
I'll check scores this weekend and next (somehow, I'm at the top of the leader board in our office pool:rolleyes:.). Planning on watching very little, if any.

Go Butler.

CDu
03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I'll check on it, especially to see if UNC loses. But I watched ~30 hours of basketball this past weekend. I'll probably watch 2-3 hours of basketball the next two weekends combined.

edunnjr
03-20-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah I will be watching, I wouldn't mind seeing Wisconsin win it.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-20-2017, 10:57 AM
My only solace was that Duke lost late Sunday and didn't ruin my enjoyment of the entire weekend. I love the first four days of the tournament.

Going forward, I usually watch Duke (ouch), other ACC teams (ouch), and root against UNC. Outside of that, I like to see how far a "good story" like Michigan or South Carolina can go.

Having said all that, my brackets look like a dumpster fire, so my rooting interests are not strong, and if someone offered me some great social alternative on a game day, I would take it.

wilson
03-20-2017, 11:00 AM
I shan't be watching any of it.

scottdude8
03-20-2017, 11:08 AM
My only solace was that Duke lost late Sunday and didn't ruin my enjoyment of the entire weekend. I love the first four days of the tournament.

Going forward, I usually watch Duke (ouch), other ACC teams (ouch), and root against UNC. Outside of that, I like to see how far a "good story" like Michigan or South Carolina can go.

Having said all that, my brackets look like a dumpster fire, so my rooting interests are not strong, and if someone offered me some great social alternative on a game day, I would take it.

Speaking of brackets, up until yesterday I was in the weirdest spot where my bracket was in good shape with regards to not being busted by upsets (i.e. I had almost all of my Sweet 16 teams and onwards still in) but was missing basically every close game (UNCW, SMU, Seton Hall, Vandy, MTSU and URI in the second round just to name a few)... so I was in like the 20th percentile on ESPN while still having a great chance of winning some cash. Now that's all down the drain obviously, but it was still a weird situation to be in, haha.

NashvilleDevil
03-20-2017, 11:12 AM
As long as it's not North Carolina or Kentucky I do not really care who wins. I will not be watching just checking scores over the weekend and playing a ton of 2K with an all Duke roster.

cruxer
03-20-2017, 11:31 AM
I will be watching with a jaundiced eye and hate-filled heart. GTHC GTH

OldPhiKap
03-20-2017, 11:35 AM
I will be watching with a jaundiced eye and hate-filled heart. GTHC GTH

This made me audibly chortle. Damn near an open guffaw.

SoCalDukeFan
03-20-2017, 11:45 AM
My wife is a Pac 12 fan so we will be watching Oregon, AZ and UCLA. I find it weird that she went to USC but can still root for UCLA sometimes.

I will be rooting hard for whomever is playing UNC. Go Butler!!!!!!

I am in a pool where you bid on teams and get points based on round and seed. I still have Butler and WVa so will be watching them. BTW someone outbid me for Duke, then outbid me for Villanova and it really makes no sense to make big bids on the 1,2 in the same region. He also had Mich State so he is done. There is a secondary Sweet 16 bracket deal in that one so I will be making picks and following those games.

I won't need to wear my Duke gear while watching any of the games.

Might follow some of the women's games but I find UConn's dominance a turn off.

I am going to the LPGA ANA tournament the same weekend as the Final Four to see former Duke players Brittany Lang, Lindy Duncan and Laetitia Beck and future Duke player Hannah O'Sullivan. I will not have to figure out how to get from Rancho Mirage to Phoenix.

SoCal

Troublemaker
03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
1. Root against UNC
2. Root against Kentucky
3. Root for what I pick in the NCAAT Wager Contest (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?39715-DBR-Wager-Contest-the-NCAA-Tournament!)

freshmanjs
03-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Going to Vegas this weekend with a Gator fan/alum, so will enjoy their ride.

wavedukefan70s
03-20-2017, 12:08 PM
Moving on to baseball

-bdbd
03-20-2017, 12:13 PM
1. Root against UNC
2. Root against Kentucky
3. Root for what I pick in the NCAAT Wager Contest (http://forums.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?39715-DBR-Wager-Contest-the-NCAA-Tournament!)

After watching the rabid anti-Duke crowd in Greenville, most of whom were NC fans, my ABC-ness is just boiling over. Sad that ACC is all-but-eliminated, and that crowd was loudly rooting for the final ACC team (other than themselves) to lose. I wouldn't care so much except that I really feel that it affected the gane - our players, SC's players, and the refs). Sigh.

ABC! ABC! ABC! :mad:

kmspeaks
How I feel about college basketball when Duke is not involved - meh....

I didn't used to be this way but officiating is really bad in college basketball, I hate watching teams like WVU and South Carolina turn the game into a wrestling match, and I refuse to watch any game in which those cheating holes from Chapel Hill play out of principle so basically I'm out. See ya in November when freedom of movement becomes a thing again. One of these years it has to stick right?

duke74
Won't be. CBB is over for me. Will look in on our women, but men's is dust.

hackysack123
03-20-2017, 12:21 PM
Won't be. CBB is over for me. Will look in on our women, but men's is dust.

Agreed. No use watching anymore. Shifting focus to recruiting and who is staying in school.

Aziggazoomba
03-20-2017, 12:50 PM
Agreed. No use watching anymore. Shifting focus to recruiting and who is staying in school.

And, don't forget, following the UNC scandal. ; ]

SoCalDukeFan
03-20-2017, 01:07 PM
I didn't used to be this way but officiating is really bad in college basketball, I hate watching teams like WVU and South Carolina turn the game into a wrestling match, and I refuse to watch any game in which those cheating holes from Chapel Hill play out of principle so basically I'm out. See ya in November when freedom of movement becomes a thing again. One of these years it has to stick right?

But there are some fun teams and players to watch.

NCAA still needs to work to clean up the game.

SoCal

kAzE
03-20-2017, 01:18 PM
I'll rooting against UK and UNC for sure, and watching Wisconsin's games, as they are the local team where I live. But I will be sad the whole time.

flyingdutchdevil
03-20-2017, 01:19 PM
I'll rooting against UK and UNC for sure, and watching Wisconsin's games, as they are the local team where I live. But I will be sad the whole time.

I like Wisconsin too. But I'm done watching.

The most bizarre year of college ball has come to end. I'm sad but a little bit relieved.

dukefan_828
03-20-2017, 01:22 PM
Not a sore loser but my interest in the tournament fell off a cliff. Guess it's better to lose now than a heart breaking 3 in the NC. GTHC.
Shooting myself in the foot for actually hoping for UNC to pull it out last night so the atmosphere next weekend would be a bit more fun at bars etc.

TEAR DROPS ON MY PILLOW

dukelifer
03-20-2017, 01:25 PM
Out until the finals. I expect UNC will be in the FF- so I am hoping someone is left to give them a tough game there. Having them win it all will only worsen my mood.

kAzE
03-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Not a soar loser but my interest in the tournament fell off a cliff. Guess it's better to lose now than a heart breaking 3 in the NC. GTHC.
Shooting myself in the foot for actually hoping for UNC to pull it out last night so the atmosphere next weekend would be a bit more fun at bars etc.

TEAR DROPS ON MY PILLOW

I'd still take that 100 times out of 100 when the alternative is losing in the round of 32. Getting to the Final Four is a big deal. As hard as it is to say this, losing in the round of 32 with our level of talent is embarrassing. UK and UNC fans are laughing at us right now, and it feels really, really bad.

dukefan_828
03-20-2017, 01:36 PM
I'd still take that 100 times out of 100 when the alternative is losing in the round of 32. Getting to the Final Four is a big deal. As hard as it is to say this, losing in the round of 32 with our level of talent is embarrassing. UK and UNC fans are laughing at us right now, and it feels really, really bad.

Kaze i know brother i know.. It def stings. tossed and turned all night. Woke up and did the whole sitting on the bed with head in hands for a good 5min thinking about what if's.. UNDERACHIEVED missed opportunities. Where did our team go in the 2nd half??!! That was the down side of the 4 in four as great as it was it left guys sick and drained. Now i can't even enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Jeffrey
03-20-2017, 01:41 PM
And, don't forget, following the UNC scandal. ; ]

IMO, that's a waste of precious time. UNC's scandals have scandals and life is better spent reflecting on positives.

gam7
03-20-2017, 01:49 PM
Done watching. Just hoping UNC loses before the final four.

I think UNC will have a tough time against Butler (but will win). They will really have to play better against UCLA/Kentucky (I think it will be UCLA) than they played on Sunday. Getting Anigbogu back is HUGE for UCLA in a potential UNC matchup. Also, more importantly, the Basketball Gods will not allow a UNC chip.

utahdevil
03-20-2017, 01:52 PM
The tournament is dead to me. Except for hoping from afar that UNC and Kentucky lose.

Chard
03-20-2017, 01:56 PM
Going fishing on Friday...with a bunch of Carolina fans. Butler, please, please, please beat them on Thursday. Not going to sit and watch any games except for parts of the FF.

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-20-2017, 01:56 PM
I have to wash my socks.
Love, Ima

luburch
03-20-2017, 01:57 PM
I'll still watch most of it.

1. Hope Florida comes out of the East. If not Florida, then Wisconsin. Definitely not Baylor.
2. Hope Gonzaga can finally get to the Final Four. I really like Mark Few and cannot stand hearing people complain about Gonzaga.
3. Kansas is the least of the evils in the Midwest. Followed by Michigan I suppose.
4. Butler. Please please please Butler come out of the South.

Ultrarunner
03-20-2017, 01:58 PM
The only CBB until next season I'll be watching is to see what the NCAA does to the cheaters.

Mind you, this post may belong in the optimist thread.

gam7
03-20-2017, 01:59 PM
I'll still watch most of it.

1. Hope Florida comes out of the East. If not Florida, then Wisconsin. Definitely not Baylor.
2. Hope Gonzaga can finally get to the Final Four. I really like Mark Few and cannot stand hearing people complain about Gonzaga.
3. Kansas is the least of the evils in the Midwest. Followed by Michigan I suppose.
4. Butler. Please please please Butler come out of the South.

Agree. Sean Miller is such a petty little wanker. Hopefully Gonzaga can pull it off...

OldPhiKap
03-20-2017, 02:50 PM
I have to wash my socks.

Darn them!

throatybeard
03-20-2017, 02:53 PM
I will be watching the rest of the tournament by tuning the television to hockey and then baseball.

burnspbesq
03-20-2017, 03:27 PM
Will continue to root for Duke women for as long as they are alive.

Will root for Gonzaga, but not to the point of rearranging life to warch their games.

Will root for alma mater (Union) in NCAA hockey tournament.

Will root for Duke men's and women's lax.

freshmanjs
03-20-2017, 03:27 PM

eh...UK lost in the round of 32 just last year. UNC has lost in that round twice in the last 5 years.

NM Duke Fan
03-20-2017, 03:30 PM
I also would like to see Gonzaga do well, in fact I would enjoy seeing them make the FF and win it all. They have an interior that can be a difficult matchup when used wisely. Karnowski is a real load, have seen him a bit over the years. At about 7'1"and 300 he is a tough matchup when he gets the ball in a good spot. would also like to see Kentucky get eliminated asap!

flyingdutchdevil
03-20-2017, 03:32 PM
I wish Nova was still in. I was so excited when they lost cus it was an easy road for Duke to the FF.

Nova is the only team that has/had a realistic chance to win it all that I liked. I don't like UNC (duh), UCON...I mean KU, UK (second duh), UCLA (LaVar is the biggest turn-off), Gonzaga (anti mid-major), or Oregon. I guess I'm just a hater.

theschwartz
03-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Hate thinking about this question today, but I'll be cheering on the Bruins the rest of the way (I live just a few miles from campus, they were my first college basketball love growing up in Southern California, and my cousins & several friends are grads & big fans) and anybody who plays UNC & Kentucky....which again is UCLA. Besides them, I'll pull for the Zags (hoping this year will be their breakthrough, plus WV blows) and the schools that my less obnoxious friends are fans of (Wisconsin, Michigan, Zona).

But like many on this board, I'm kinda basketball'ed out. Between this past weekend, the conference tournaments, and the last couple weeks of the regular season, I watched an inordinate amount of college hoops. This weekend, I get to hang out with my sister & nephews in the Bay Area and see a matinee of Hamilton Sunday afternoon (I was actually freaking out because the matinee was going to conflict with East Regional final - not a concern anymore!). The weekend after, hitting the slopes. I'll ski as long as I want that weekend, and not worry about planning my Saturday around the Final Four games.

Gotta find the silver lining somehow.

Doria
03-20-2017, 04:30 PM
I wish Nova was still in. I was so excited when they lost cus it was an easy road for Duke to the FF.

Nova is the only team that has/had a realistic chance to win it all that I liked. I don't like UNC (duh), UCON...I mean KU, UK (second duh), UCLA (LaVar is the biggest turn-off), Gonzaga (anti mid-major), or Oregon. I guess I'm just a hater.

You're not alone. I don't plan to watch much of the tourney, but I'll still keep up with the results and will certainly watch, if I see that Carolina is losing at the end of a game.

Otherwise, I generally will renew my (numerous) grudges from past years. Fortunately for me, there are plenty of teams that I will enjoy seeing lose. It's somewhat mitigated on UNC's side of the bracket, because I need to have some good teams win in case of a UNC win. But on the other side, I feel free to root away. I'll be happy if Baylor and S. Carolina beat each other bloody, though I don't want to watch it. I also hate WVU, so I'll be happy to see them lose if they do.

Once UNC manages to lose, I have plenty of targets for my hate on that side: KU, UK, Oregon, etc.

Technically I am an alum of UCLA, too, but I was never all that invested in them, since my Duke affiliation took up the majority of my cheering energy. But they're a relatively neutral team for me, so I suppose I can root for them. But my passion is primarily negative at the moment, so I'll focus on the teams I despise.

weezie
03-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Arizona, Arizona, Arizona, and Arizona. I like Sean Miller's cuckoo intense style. He's been shafted pretty good in the last couple of years by poor officiating. He has run a clean program, rescued that mess that Lute left and hung (hanged?) tough.

Bear Down Wildcats!

mattman91
03-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Arizona, Arizona, Arizona, and Arizona. I like Sean Miller's cuckoo intense style. He's been shafted pretty good in the last couple of years by poor officiating. He has run a clean program, rescued that mess that Lute left and hung (hanged?) tough.

Bear Down Wildcats!

Agreed! I like Miller a lot. 3rd favorite coach behind Izzo (which i know is an unpopular opinion here).

chriso
03-20-2017, 06:00 PM
Call me a sore loser, but I will not be watching one more second of the tournament. I will read a good book. I love Duke, and seeing other teams win and hearing "One Shining Moment" is torture without my team. Packing up my stuff and waiting til next year. Go Duke! :mad::cool: And 10 points for Griffendor!

MartyClark
03-20-2017, 06:33 PM
I'll watch a little bit but won't let it interfere with other stuff. I always need a team to root for and a team to root against.

UNC - root against them for all the obvious reasons

Wisconsin - arbitrarily picked them to root for.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-20-2017, 06:47 PM
My wife is a Zag. So we'll be cheering for Mark Few's boys to break through. Plus I like saying the name Przemek Karnowski.

Furniture
03-20-2017, 07:12 PM
It's the NBA for me and back to Premier League football!

60sDukie
03-20-2017, 07:41 PM
I shall be watching with casual interest except games involving South Carolina. Already disliked them (I'm a Clemson fan) but now my hatred knows no bounds. Sat through most of that dibacle last night surrounded by screaming chicken fans and misplaced Tar Heels.

Emerrick
03-20-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm so po'd right now I can't contemplate watching any sports - much less college basketball. Bed at 8 pm sounds nice now that I think about it.

Wander
03-20-2017, 08:15 PM
My title game pick of Gonzaga over Kentucky is still alive, so I'll be watching to root for my bracket.

Kfanarmy
03-20-2017, 08:17 PM
I won't. No interest in seeing football on the bball court.

weezie
03-20-2017, 10:36 PM
...seeing other teams win and hearing "One Shining Moment" is torture without my team...

Rest assured, CBS will include a sad shot of one of our players looking miserable. They love those in "OSM". Looking forward to seeing how the ratings stack up now that we're out of there, too.

G man
03-20-2017, 10:50 PM
I always go into stages of grieving after tourney exits. I am still in denial. So safe to say I am not watching any more tourney. Good luck to those who can stomach watching it.

chriso
03-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Rest assured, CBS will include a sad shot of one of our players looking miserable. They love those in "OSM". Looking forward to seeing how the ratings stack up now that we're out of there, too.
Yes. No doubt a picture of Grayson falling down or yelling. Although now that I have calmed down I realize how lucky we are when a "bad year" is winning the ACC Tournament and advancing to the second round. Mind you I don't consider it a bad year; just disappointing. My alma mater St. John's hasn't made any noise in the tournament since the Ron Artest days. Who is now retired, by the way. :(

eddiehaskell
03-21-2017, 12:44 AM
I'll watch it all and pull for every team that doesn't already have multiple championships (one of my life goals is for Duke to one day catch UCLA). Granted, it gets somewhat difficult when the team with no history of success poses less of a challenge for UNC.

I guess I'm anybody but UNC/Kentucky/UCLA/Kansas this year. Luckily, only 1 of the KY/UCLA/UNC trio can reach the final four. What's bad is a year like '08 when Kansas, UNC and UCLA all make it. Granted, Kansas only had 2 titles at the time so I was pretty pleased with the outcome. Self and Alford might keep their jobs 15+ more years so those schools could pile up more championships.

Aziggazoomba
03-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Yes. No doubt a picture of Grayson falling down or yelling. Although now that I have calmed down I realize how lucky we are when a "bad year" is winning the ACC Tournament and advancing to the second round. Mind you I don't consider it a bad year; just disappointing. My alma mater St. John's hasn't made any noise in the tournament since the Ron Artest days. Who is now retired, by the way. :(

If you are gonna watch, be prepared to see the shot of Kennard on the ground, questioning a call near the end of the SC game---it's already been the object of many a Twitter post/meme (and given my biases, pretty funny ones, at that--of course I will understand if you disagree).

flyingdutchdevil
03-21-2017, 01:04 PM
If you are gonna watch, be prepared to see the shot of Kennard on the ground, questioning a call near the end of the SC game---it's already been the object of many a Twitter post/meme (and given my biases, pretty funny ones, at that--of course I will understand if you disagree).

Ginormous pet peeve of mine this year. Luke and Amile have been some of the worst at complaining to refs. It's been extremely annoying. Yes, yes, some calls were legit. But do you have to complain every time you miss a shot and get touched? Jeez...

kako
03-21-2017, 01:36 PM
I judge true Duke fans as those who rabidly, actively support the Devils while just as rabidly, actively detesting UNC. I grew up in the Triangle, so it's in my blood. Not hating on anyone, though, except anyone who wears Pantone 278 blue.

So I believe strongly in ABC. I also hate UK and, as someone posted on the boards once, their mouthbreathers/fans. UK and UNC may play this weekend, but then my choice is clear. I'll still wear the better shade of blue and root for the Cats. And after they win, I'll go back to hating UK again.

After UNC goes down (you gotta believe), then I will still be very engaged in the tourney. San Jose has the regional which is in my backyard. I'm thinking of going down to the SAP Center to watch the public practices - it's always a bit of fun. My bracket is totally busted (I had Duke and Louisville in the FF and Duke winning). So if I had to pick a team left to win, I'll go for the mid-major underdogs or Gonzaga. I watched the Zags play at Santa Clara this year, and I was pretty impressed. I don't really hate KU or UCLA, but I just assume they don't win - I like that Duke has more championships that KU, and I'd like Duke to catch the Bruins someday. I guess I'd rather not see Florida win - I don't hate them, but I'd rather people assume their back-to-back titles last decade was an anomaly. I also don't like Arizona - past history (ask me about it if you really want to know). I wouldn't mind USC winning - no hard feelings against their team - Frank Martin would be a scary boss, but he's also handled himself with relative class. And maybe Wisconsin wouldn't be so bad. I still give props to them for taking out UK and their undefeated season in 2015.

So the answer is yes - I will be watching the rest of the tourney!

kako
03-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Ginormous pet peeve of mine this year. Luke and Amile have been some of the worst at complaining to refs. It's been extremely annoying. Yes, yes, some calls were legit. But do you have to complain every time you miss a shot and get touched? Jeez...

Nothing compares to how bad Bobby Hurley was his freshman and sophomore years. Don't get me wrong - whenever I pick the All-Duke team, Hurley is at the point. But he was terrible until the coaches made a video of his many One Whining Moments and showed it to him.

moonpie23
03-21-2017, 02:05 PM
i'm sad that my gamecocks beat duke, but happy for frank martin and the team(and school).......

i'll be looking for them to shock the world.....

chriso
03-21-2017, 02:24 PM

I'll have to look for it. I may watch next week after I calm down. I sort of/kind of like UCLA and Gonzaga. And Kennard constantly fixing his hair was definitely amusing this year. :cool: Please come back for one more year Luke!!!

bbosbbos
03-21-2017, 02:37 PM
I have been in the bad mood for two days. Asked the wife to cancel our DirecTV on Monday.

Now I am licking the wound in the dark, waiting for the next season. Completely not interested in any remaining games.

elvis14
03-21-2017, 03:01 PM
I won't. No interest in seeing football on the bball court.

I don't plan on watching. Really it's all about the Cheaters losing at this point. After the WWE style allowed against Duke and the gift to the Cheats against Arkansas, I'm just done for now. 9F

BTW, when a player has the ball and you bump him hard, push or grab him, that's a foul. Same for guys moving off the ball. Just in case anyone remembers what basketball is supposed to look like.

I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. it.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-21-2017, 04:57 PM

I am with you - drives me nuts. I didn't notice Luke as much as Amile, but dang, every time down the court Amile had something to look at the ref and splay his arms for.

Just get back and play ball, kids.

TNDukeFan
03-21-2017, 05:49 PM
I'm pulling for Michigan. I like Wilson, Walton, & Wagner (even after all the stupid jokes by Raftery). And I didn't even know about the plane crash until recently, so I've been spared a lot of that schmaltz.

NSDukeFan
03-21-2017, 07:43 PM
The NCAA tournament is one of my favourite sporting events...if Duke is still in it. The end of a season is always so sad. I always feel bad that I will never get to watch the team play together anymore. I feel bad that the last game is a disappointing loss. I will now pay attention to the scores and might watch a bit of the Final Four but it's not the same. I will spend much more time reading this board with fellow Duke fans than watching a Duke-less tournament.

Devilwin
03-21-2017, 08:23 PM
I will follow scores, doubtful I will watch anything but the title game, if UNC is in it. Then pull like hell against them.

You know, I don't really blame them for pulling for SC. I mean, they escaped a possible third butt kicking by Duke.

Indoor66
03-21-2017, 08:33 PM
I doubt that I watch a lot. I will follow the action and maybe tune in if it looks to be exciting OR that UnCheat is losing. I don't have a real rooting interest now.

moonpie23
03-21-2017, 09:26 PM
I will follow scores, doubtful I will watch anything but the title game, if UNC is in it. Then pull like hell against them.

You know, I don't really blame them for pulling for SC. I mean, they escaped a possible third butt kicking by Duke.

it might be just hilarious if s carolina winds up taking them out........i've got that pic of the tarheel holding up the gamecog flag...

moonpie23
03-21-2017, 09:57 PM
it might be just hilarious if s carolina winds up taking them out....i've got that pic of the tarheel holding up the gamecog flag...

man.....don't put your 'puter down after posting so you can run get the kids in bed.....cause you can't edit when you get back..... :(

"gamecog"
.......new definition of S Carolina's defense...

atoomer0881
03-21-2017, 11:40 PM
I wish I could say I'm done watching the Tournament this year but I know that's a lie, considering I have tickets to attend the Final Four. But perhaps I'll take some time away this weekend and just check the scores for this weekend's games.

Obviously I love Duke, and I love Luke, and I usually hate when people make memes of our players because usually I just find them dumb, but against my better judgment I went and checked out a bunch of these Luke ones. And much to my surprise, I actually found most of them quite funny. I thought it would frustrate me after what happened Sunday night, but it actually made me laugh, which was nice. So thank you for bringing it to our attention.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-22-2017, 06:37 AM
There's a tournament still going on? Really? I see nothing on my schedule until September 3rd! LGD GTHc!

Troublemaker
03-22-2017, 08:30 AM
This tourney is still very interesting to me. It seems like, starting with the Round of 32, seeds mostly didn't matter; most of the games felt like two evenly matched teams were playing, even for the 1 seeds like UNC, Nova, and Gonzaga. (Unfortunately, UNC won their tossup game and Gonzaga beat Northwestern while Nova lost; wouldn't have minded if those results were rearranged a bit).

I'll be watching many of the games and am still interested in how this all shakes out, in the latest, maybe greatest Year of Parity.

duke4ever19
03-22-2017, 07:09 PM
Living in Philly, I'm just glad that Nova went out before Duke, even if it was the same round.

I was spared all the ribbing from friends and family, mostly because they were too busy licking their own wounds. When Duke lost, the general response was, "Wow, you guys too??"

CameronBlue
03-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Will be channeling all my energies into watching the Carolina Hurricanes miss the playoffs for the bajillionth consecutive time. Are there two more suckier sports teams than the Pack and the Canes? They must've built the PNC Arena over an Indian burial ground.

GTHC, GTH

WiJoe
03-22-2017, 08:31 PM
don't want the holes or arizona in the final four. Not a big fan of michigan, either.

It's a lesser of evils deal for me. holes at top of get 'em outta here list, followed by arizona, ky, michigan, kansas, baylor, florida, s. carolina.

happydays1949
03-22-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm done!

House P
03-23-2017, 09:12 AM
I'll be watching many of the games and am still interested in how this all shakes out, in the latest, maybe greatest Year of Parity.

Even though my interest plummeted dramatically after Duke's loss, I am a college hoops junkie so I will watch whenever I find myself near a tv. Heck, I watched both of Central Florida's NIT games this week.

As Troublemaker mentions, the remainder of the tourney is likely to produce many competitive games. If you use the KemPom ratings to project the remainder of the tournament, you get some results which I suspect are rather atypical going into the Sweet 16.

- There is a 67% chance that one or fewer 1 seeds make the Final 4. There is a 23% chance that no 1 seed makes it.

- There is a 12% chance that no 1 or 2 seed makes the Final 4.

- There is a 48% chance that at least one team seeded 7 or higher makes the Final 4.

- Only one team (Gonzaga) has a greater than 20% chance of making the title game. A total of 12 teams have at least a 9% chance of making the title game.

House P
03-23-2017, 09:15 AM
As Troublemaker mentions, the remainder of the tourney is likely to produce many competitive games.

In addition to the potential for many close games, I find several other storylines compelling:

East
Wisconsin: I still feel a little bad that Duke ended their "dream season" in 2015. Bo Ryan's post-game comments lessened my empathy, but I find guys like Nigel Hayes to be fairly easy to root for.

Florida: I am largely indifferent about Florida. On the one hand, I don't like the fact that their back-to-back championships took away a bit of the shine from Duke's 91-92 run. On the other hand, Billy Donovan has been replaced by someone with a Duke connection.

South Carolina: What are the odds that they shoot < 40% from the field and 60% from the line in their next game?

Baylor: What are the odds I burn a hole in my retina if I spend 2 hours looking at their atrocious uniforms?

West
Gonzaga: Can Mark Few finally reach the Final 4? I can't find a link, but I remember hearing that Mark Few is generally considered among the most well-liked coaches by his peers and/or the media. If that is the case, I can easily find myself rooting for Gonzaga.

Arizona: Can Sean Miller finally reach the Final 4? Can Sean Miller avoid sweating through his dress shirt (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/sean-miller-tshirt-sweat)?

West Virginia: I have mixed feelings about Bob Huggins, but my 81 year old dad has been a WVU fan since the 1940s, so I can get behind the Mountaineers. This poll of coaches (http://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/candid-coaches-whos-the-college-coach-youd-most-like-to-have-a-beer-with/) overwhelming chose Huggins as the “coach you would most like to have a beer with”. WVU is tied for 8th on the list of teams with the most NCAA tourney appearances without a championship.

Xavier: Xavier is tied for 11th on the list of teams with the most NCAA tourney appearances without a championship.

South
UNC: Somebody please beat them, even if it’s Kentucky.

Kentucky: Somebody please beat them, unless it’s UNC.

UCLA: How far can a team go without playing defense?

Butler: I still feel a little bad that Duke ended their "dream season" in 2010. Brad Stevens handled the loss better than Bo Ryan.

Midwest
Kansas: I hope they remain behind Duke in overall NCAA titles, but I greatly prefer KU to UK.

Purdue: I still feel a little bad that Duke ended their "dream season" in 1995. Purdue is tied for 8th on the list of teams with the most NCAA tourney appearances without a championship.

Michigan: I’ve watched a couple of their games this year and enjoyed their style of play.

Oregon: I’ve watched a couple of their games this year and enjoyed their style of play. This has nothing to do with basketball, but Powell’s bookstore is one of my favorite places on the planet, so that somehow makes me feel more positive towards anything associated with the state of Oregon.

Cormac
03-23-2017, 09:17 AM
I grew up a Duke fan, but I attended Xavier. My X-Men are still alive (somehow) and we've got another grudge match on our hands tonight. Second time playing Arizona in the tourney in the last three years. Just once I'd like to see us come out on the other side against a former coach. Almost did it against Matta and Greg Oden in the tourney several years ago. So if anyone needs another team for the rest of the tourney, we'll take all the help we can get!