PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, seniors!

kAzE
03-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Absolutely crushing to see it end for Matt and Amile like this. Two of the best guys to come through this program.

Good luck wherever your careers go from here! We love you guys!

MPandolfi
03-19-2017, 11:27 PM
While not the outcome we all hoped for, they'll always be champions.

Best of luck.

timmy c
03-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Absolutely crushing to see it end for Matt and Amile like this. Two of the best guys to come through this program.

They both played like champs tonight. Loved jones first half threes and Jefferson's passion and leadership.

60's Devil
Heck of a game for Amile. He really showed up tonight.

weezie
Whatever they choose to pursue, they'll do it with our pride in them.

summerwind03
03-19-2017, 11:29 PM
They both made me proud, today and every day of their Duke careers.

ns7
03-19-2017, 11:31 PM
Amile was great tonight

ChillinDuke
03-19-2017, 11:34 PM
Hats off to Amile and Matt.

Along with what is likely a whole host of others.

- Chillin

dukie’s_daughter
03-19-2017, 11:34 PM
They both made me proud, today and every day of their Duke careers.

THIS. They will always be ACC and National Champions!!

BigZ
03-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Two great guys who came to Duke to get a degree and win a National chamipion!!!!

Atlanta Duke
03-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Congrats to Matt & Amile for the races they ran to the finish at Duke

Glad they had the chance to be on a national championship team

Devilwin
03-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Thanks, fellas. Thanks for your leadership and your heart. And thanks for staying the entire time. God bless, and good luck in the future.

cakerace
03-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Five Amiles tonight and we would have found a way to win.

unexpected
03-19-2017, 11:38 PM
I cannot imagine where this team would have been without Amile coming back for a 5th year. So much weight on his shoulders and he handled it with aplomb.

DukieInKansas
03-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Thank you, Seniors, for your dedication to Duke University and the basketball program. May you go far in life.

dukefan_828
03-20-2017, 12:38 AM
My heart hurts.. AMILE gave it his all as im sure Matt did, other than that intensity was non existent tonight. Thanks guys, you will ALWAYS be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

eddiehaskell
03-20-2017, 12:51 AM
I've been negative due to the moment, but yeah, it's sad to see Matt and Amile go. It was a heck of a ride. I would've loved to see a few more guys with Amile's fire. It often seemed like he would get emotional to pump everyone else up. It's good to have a guy like that.

theschwartz
03-20-2017, 01:15 AM
We're definitely going to miss Amile's leadership next year. His passion, energy & leadership really set a great example for our guys. It's tough to tell who's going to pick up that mantle among the players we expect back. Maybe Grayson or Luke, if they decide to come back? Possibly Javin, but leadership and respect are often associated with results (see our 2013-14 team). I could see Frank becoming that strong voice in the huddles and the locker room, while commanding the respect of his teammates.

And Matt as well. His defensive tenacity and selflessness will be missed. He came in with the reputation of an ace shooter and over 4 years, transformed himself into a reliable defensive stopper. He's the prototypical 4-year guy who we get to watch develop and evolve over a longer time horizon. I hope we get a lot more Matty Ice's coming on campus. Every class should have at least one.

Best of luck to Amile & Matt in whatever they end up doing! (maybe sitting 1 or 2 seats away from Coach K or Capel in a few years?)

WHOneedsSOX
03-20-2017, 01:18 AM
Matt and Amile sure stepped their games up in the tournament. Too bad it had to end so early. At least both were on that 2015 team and have a ring.

SoCalDukeFan
03-20-2017, 02:18 AM

Matt and Amile you are the best. Good luck to you in whatever you do.

SoCal

Onlyduke
03-20-2017, 06:52 AM
Sure gonna miss you .... good luck to you in whatever the future holds. Thanks for the memories!

MCFinARL
03-20-2017, 09:26 AM
My heart hurts.. AMILE gave it his all as im sure Matt did, other than that intensity was non existent tonight. Thanks guys, you will ALWAYS be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!

Don't want to get this thread off track, but I don't think this is fair to the rest of the team, who seemed plenty intense to me--just not channeling that intensity successfully.

But I do agree that both Amile and Matt played their hearts out. And I am grateful that both played so effectively in their last game for Duke. Matt with 6 points (2-4 from 3), 5 rebounds, 4 assists (a team high), only 1 turnover, and 2 steals, plus all of the Matt hustle things that he does that don't show up in the stat line. Amile with a spectacular 14 point, 15 rebound double double, including 6-7 from the foul line, and 6 blocks.

I am a big fan of both these players and wish them the very best. Thanks for everything you have given to Duke Nation.

moonpie23
03-20-2017, 10:47 AM
Thanks to you guys for all you'v done!!

Devil in the Blue Dress
03-20-2017, 11:06 AM
Let us not forget that last night's game was also the last for Bob Harris. The tribute to him in the post game programming was special. One segment was audio clips of his pronouncements during special moments in football and basketball over the years. Whoever is selected to be the next radio announcer has the challenge of being only the third in Duke's sports history.;)

Ichabod Drain
03-20-2017, 12:08 PM
I finally brought myself to look at the box score this morning. Amile had 14 points, 15 rebounds, and six blocks after an incident where he looked like he couldn't even lift his arm in the first half. I don't think anyone would correct me in saying he is what every Duke fan and coach wants out of a player and most likely what every Duke player wants out of a teammate.

chriso
03-20-2017, 06:28 PM
Matt and Amile you are the best. Good luck to you in whatever you do.

SoCal
I remember waiting for the Amile Jefferson college announcement like it was yesterday. Thank you Amile and Matt for a Title and for being all around good guys and great players. It's been a pleasure.

Emerrick
03-20-2017, 07:51 PM
They both played like champs tonight. Loved jones first half threes and Jefferson's passion and leadership.

Absolutely Agree! I could not have been happier about how they played.

ncexnyc
03-20-2017, 08:07 PM
As others have already said, both players are Champions.

Sadly, seniors seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. We'd better savor the few we'll be seeing in the incoming years.

arnie
03-20-2017, 08:46 PM
As others have already said, both players are Champions.

Sadly, seniors seem to be going the way of the dinosaur. We'd better savor the few we'll be seeing in the incoming years.

We're gonna miss Amile and Matt big time. The returning players aren't great defenders ant most incoming freshmen aren't either. Wish them both best of luck and enjoyed watching 4-5 year players develop. As you said, not gonna see that level of development in future classes.