PDA

View Full Version : Paging Dr. Rolle ...

burnspbesq
03-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Remember Myron Rolle, the former FSU DB who bailed on the NFL for a Rhodes?

He is firmly on track to achieve his goals.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18938175/ex-florida-state-seminoles-star-myron-rolle-begin-residency-harvard-medical-school-massachusetts-general-hospital

DukieInKansas
03-18-2017, 02:43 PM
I saw that earlier today. Congratulations, Dr. Rolle!

ipatent
03-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Good Rolle model.

Green Wave Dukie
03-18-2017, 04:41 PM
Good Rolle model.

That's how Myron rolls.

brevity
03-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Former Florida State football star Myron Rolle, who was a Rhodes Scholar and then enrolled in medical school, will begin a neurosurgery residency at Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, he announced Friday.

Curious that he went into a specialty where surgical innovation is highly relevant for football players.

53n206
03-18-2017, 06:44 PM
All of us who follow athletic contests should be pleased to hear of his accomplishments. FSU should be proud, My hat is off to him.

(As an aside, when I graduated from MCV I gave much thought to neurosurgical training at Duke. I was told that Dave Sime had the spot locked up as he had worked in the department while a student, and that I wasn't as fast as he. So I went to Hopkins to pursue my goal. What happened? Dave went to Miami for Ophthalmology and I changed my mind and went into Plastic Surgery. What's wrong with neurosurgery?)

weezie
03-18-2017, 09:21 PM
That's how Myron rolls.

Dr. Rock and Rolle.

ipatent
03-18-2017, 09:24 PM
Wonder if he's related to Esther Rolle.

BandAlum83
03-19-2017, 10:27 AM
Wonder if he's related to Esther Rolle.

Diiiiiii-Noooo-Mite!!!!

ricks68
03-19-2017, 11:42 AM
All of us who follow athletic contests should be pleased to hear of his accomplishments. FSU should be proud, My hat is off to him.

(As an aside, when I graduated from MCV I gave much thought to neurosurgical training at Duke. I was told that Dave Sime had the spot locked up as he had worked in the department while a student, and that I wasn't as fast as he. So I went to Hopkins to pursue my goal. What happened? Dave went to Miami for Ophthalmology and I changed my mind and went into Plastic Surgery. What's wrong with neurosurgery?)

Maybe it's the length of the neurosurgery residency program. It goes on like, forever.

ricks