PDA

View Full Version : Marques Bolden?

grateful_duke
03-17-2017, 10:04 PM
Moved to the end of the bench, looked completely disinterested the entire game. I know the kid gets no PT, but you can tell he's really taking it the wrong way and it seems to have affected his PT even more b/c Vrankovic was thrown in there while Amile and Giles sat with 2 fouls...

So, what's the story behind Bolden this season?

Are we going to see him transfer after this season ala Derryck Thornton?

Excited for Sunday over here though folks!!! LET'S GO DUKE!!!!!!!

Bluegrassdevil1
03-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Is it not possible that the kid is simply under the weather?

richardjackson199
03-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Moved to the end of the bench, looked completely disinterested the entire game. I know the kid gets no PT, but you can tell he's really taking it the wrong way and it seems to have affected his PT even more b/c Vrankovic was thrown in there while Amile and Giles sat with 2 fouls...

So, what's the story behind Bolden this season?

Are we going to see him transfer after this season ala Derryck Thornton?

Excited for Sunday over here though folks!!! LET'S GO DUKE!!!!!!!

Having the flu or being sick would explain not wanting to high-five teammates:

https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/status/842918372358742020

OZZIE4DUKE
03-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Per the post game thread, Marques may have the flu. If so, why not leave him at the hotel so he doesn't infect the rest of the team?

JBDuke
03-17-2017, 10:11 PM
Any speculation or rumor mongering will be addressed quickly. Please follow the Posting Guidelines. Duke has a tendency not to put out much information on these types of things, which I know is frustrating to many fans, but that doesn't give those fans license to come on these boards and speculate about such matters.

grateful_duke
03-17-2017, 10:11 PM
Is it not possible that the kid is simply under the weather?

See, answers, thank you guys!! I didn't realize he had the flu..makes sense...

grateful_duke
03-17-2017, 10:12 PM
Any speculation or rumor mongering will be addressed quickly. Please follow the Posting Guidelines. Duke has a tendency not to put out much information on these types of things, which I know is frustrating to many fans, but that doesn't give those fans license to come on these boards and speculate about such matters.

Isn't that what message boards are for? Follow the posting guidelines.... ok..... well sorry about that...? :confused:

JBDuke
03-17-2017, 10:13 PM
Isn't that what message boards are for? Follow the posting guidelines... ok.... well sorry about that...? :confused:

Not these boards. If you want to toss around such stuff, there are plenty of other outlets on the Internet for that. Not here.

CDu
03-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Lol. Flu is the excuse Duke fans give for a player who has an issue fans don't want to admit. Yeah - Marques has the 'flu'.

At least in this case there is at least the possibility of it being true. Coach K made mention of some guys being under the weather.

richardjackson199
03-17-2017, 10:14 PM
Per the post game thread, Marques may have the flu. If so, why not leave him at the hotel so he doesn't infect the rest of the team?

They brought him to scout from the row behind the South Carolina team.

stingy
03-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Yeah I wondered if Luke had a cold with his shooting tonight. Jessika Morgan is the N&O reporter so if she heard that from Nate James then we should believe it. I wondered though why Jeter wouldn't also get in at the end.

Dukehky
03-17-2017, 10:18 PM
Not these boards. If you want to toss around such stuff, there are plenty of other outlets on the Internet for that. Not here.

Close this thread please.

I said in the postgame thread. He was limping around, didn't participate in layup lines, and was sitting beside Jose, the trainer, the entire game swilling water. He didn't high five anyone, and he didn't shake hands after the game. What is a good reason for not shaking hands with people? Being sick! Nate James said he had the flu.

When Sulaimon sat out for discipline reasons against Michigan in 2014, nobody said it was the flu.

I have never seen Bolden do anything except pull for his team and be engaged with them. I don't know what his happiness is like, it's gotta be frustrating after being a starter preseason and getting hurt and not being able to get back, but the NCAA tournament is not the time or place to throw a hissy fit, and I don't believe Marques would do anything like that. He's a laid back kid who is going to have to learn how to work his butt off to be great, he just hasn't gotten it yet.

Pretty disappointed in this kind of speculation just because we've seen some kids transfer recently. Even Derryck was always behind his team while he was on the bench.

JBDuke
03-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Speculating on reasons for why a player doesn't get into a game or appears to be acting a certain way on the bench is exactly the sort of stuff prohibited in our Posting Guidelines. Check out the definitions of Rumor Mongering and Destructively Negative.

This thread is closed until there is news in a mainstream media source regarding Marques Bolden.