PDA

View Full Version : The Greenville Floor

ipatent
03-17-2017, 09:32 PM
...not very easy on the eyes. Was that where Clemson played earlier this year? With their orange unis it was even worse.

weezie
03-17-2017, 09:34 PM
I agree it's narsty but I also think the NCAA has a new floor for the tourney games.

DU82
03-17-2017, 09:34 PM
...not very easy on the eyes. Was that where Clemson played earlier this year? With their orange unis it was even worse.

The floor design is all NCAA. Each floor has the same design, with the only differences being the name of the city in front of the scorer's table, and the logo of the host in the top right corner of the court (looking from the primary camera angle.)

At least it has more color than the almost all black trim of the past few years.

Bob Green
03-17-2017, 09:35 PM
The tournament isn't there for the floor it is there for the bathrooms.

hallcity
03-17-2017, 09:37 PM
They need to get that bad plank fully fixed before Sunday. Whoever manufactured that floor should be embarrassed.

WiJoe
03-17-2017, 09:40 PM
Also, the name of the facility is on the near sideline. Don't know how much it shows during games.

The floor design is all NCAA. Each floor has the same design, with the only differences being the name of the city in front of the scorer's table, and the logo of the host in the top right corner of the court (looking from the primary camera angle.)

At least it has more color than the almost all black trim of the past few years.

SCMatt33
03-17-2017, 09:58 PM
Also, the name of the facility is on the near sideline. Don't know how much it shows during games.

It doesn't. I also don't know how they didn't take the opportunity to put the green floor in Greenville. A little on the nose maybe?

CameronBornAndBred
03-17-2017, 10:01 PM
They need to get that bad plank fully fixed before Sunday. Whoever manufactured that floor should be embarrassed.
Grayson got paid consultant fees.

Reilly
03-17-2017, 10:26 PM
The floor design is all NCAA. Each floor has the same design ...

Discovered that at the Sweet 16 in 2009 in Boston, expecting to see the famed parquet, and instead met by NCAA blah-ness.

sagegrouse
03-17-2017, 10:44 PM

Was it Seinfeld that had the episode where someone took a screw as a souvenir from the parquet in the Boston Garden, causing Kevin McHale to fall and sprain his ankle? In this case, I suspect someone from UNC.

nmduke2001
03-17-2017, 10:51 PM
Was it Seinfeld that had the episode where someone took a screw as a souvenir from the parquet in the Boston Garden, causing Kevin McHale to fall and sprain his ankle? In this case, I suspect someone from UNC.

Cheers. Norm and Cliff asked McHale how many screws were in the floor. McHale then became obsessed with counting them.

gam7
03-17-2017, 10:54 PM

In addition to the obvious fix they had to make, the divisions between panels are very easy to see, especially in the keys. It doesn't look good.

TruBlu
03-17-2017, 11:01 PM
Brey says the Greenville floor is better than Cameron.

PackMan97
03-17-2017, 11:09 PM

"The floor is the ceiling" - MJ, UNC Graduate and Philosopher

gam7
03-17-2017, 11:14 PM
Brey says the Greenville floor is better than Cameron.

I almost made a serious reply to this - then I realized what you were doing. Good one!

Papa John
03-18-2017, 07:28 AM
"The floor is the ceiling" - MJ, UNC Graduate and Philosopher

I wonder how many independent studies classes it took for him to come up with that?

ipatent
03-18-2017, 07:49 AM
I wonder how many independent studies classes it took for him to come up with that?

Jordan went to UNC in the good old days before the fake classes, when athletes had their work done by tutors the respectable way like everywhere else.

Papa John
03-18-2017, 07:57 AM
Jordan went to UNC in the good old days before the fake classes, when athletes had their work done by tutors the respectable way like everywhere else.

As far as we know... ;) (yes, I know the evidence indicates that the bogus classes likely began at the very end of Dean's tenure, as he was growing frustrated at being regularly dominated by that Polish coach down the street... and I love your response! Respectable indeed. Like a public ivy, eh? (Toxicodendron radicans, perhaps?)

superdave
03-18-2017, 10:17 AM
The tournament isn't there for the floor it is there for the bathrooms.

I once got kicked out of a Bojangles for using the ladies room. The manager was not pleased. I was years ahead of my time.

Fortunately for the Ncaa, South Carolina lacks indoor plumbing. Solved their problem.

#GTHSC

subzero02
03-18-2017, 02:08 PM
Cheers. Norm and Cliff asked McHale how many screws were in the floor. McHale then became obsessed with counting them.

The name of the Cheers episode is "Where have all the floorboards gone?". It first aired in 1991. Kevin McHale becomes so obsessed with figuring out the number of bolts in the floor of the Boston garden that it begins to affect his play. I remember watching this episode when I was 11 and I absolutely loved it... towards the end of the episode, McHale is shown walking the floor and counting each bolt.