PDA

View Full Version : March Madness commercials?

duke79
03-17-2017, 03:02 PM
Am I the only one on the board who is ALREADY sick of the March Madness commercials (either on CBS, TBS, TNT, or TruTV)?? I'm not sure I can put up with three more weeks of these insipid commercials. Thank god for the "mute" button on my remote and I've become quite adept at switching channels during the commercial breaks.

kAzE
03-17-2017, 03:10 PM
Really? I'm a big fan of the Sam Jackson/Barkley/Lee commercials. I think they are hilarious. But I like Chuck, and I know not everybody does.

duke79
03-17-2017, 03:15 PM
Really? I'm a big fan of the Sam Jackson/Barkley/Lee commercials. I think they are hilarious. But I like Chuck, and I know not everybody does.

Yea, I admit those are some of the better commercials.....but I'm already sick of the one where Chuck is wearing the "reverse hoodie". It loses its novelty after four or five viewings!

Edouble
03-17-2017, 03:24 PM
I'm actually really disappointed to see Grant Hill in a Pizza Hut ad.

I've always been really proud of Grant Hill with regards to his collection of African American art and his well worded, thoughtful response to Jalen Rose's boorish comments in the Fab Five "documentary" a few years back.

With the increase of food deserts and the widespread lack of nutritional awareness in the African American community, I was surprised that Grant Hill, with his history as noted above, would be part of these advertisements.

kAzE
03-17-2017, 03:26 PM
Yea, I admit those are some of the better commercials....but I'm already sick of the one where Chuck is wearing the "reverse hoodie". It loses its novelty after four or five viewings!

"Steaks on a Plane" makes it all worth it.

SCMatt33
03-17-2017, 04:24 PM

Yes! I've also had "I will survive" stuck in my head for the last 24 hours.

CDu
03-17-2017, 04:34 PM

Yes! I've also had "I will survive" stuck in my head for the last 24 hours.

That triumvirate can do no wrong. None.

DukieInKansas
03-17-2017, 04:37 PM

I've always been really proud of Grant Hill with regards to his collection of African American art and his well worded, thoughtful response to Jalen Rose's boorish comments in the Fab Five "documentary" a few years back.

With the increase of food deserts and the widespread lack of nutritional awareness in the African American community, I was surprised that Grant Hill, with his history as noted above, would be part of these advertisements.

I want to know if the shoes are a real thing.

TruBlu
03-17-2017, 04:39 PM
. . . with the athletes singing with their mouths full. Ugh! Please stop.

Indoor66
03-17-2017, 04:55 PM

You got to pay for the good food.

Hingeknocker
03-17-2017, 05:04 PM
I was sick of the Dan Band/"Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" DirecTV commercials during the play-in games. Now that we're not even done with the First Round, I'm searching my thesaurus for something worse than 'outright hatred.'

BandAlum83
03-17-2017, 05:16 PM
I usually switch to one of the other games when commercials are on. It's constant action!

But I do like the Barkley/Spike/Jackson commercials. I haven't seen the "Steaks on a Plane" What a great idea.

I think the Buffalo's Wild Wing are pretty funny. "Foodoo Doll?" Clever.

TruBlu
03-17-2017, 05:19 PM
I usually switch to one of the other games when commercials are on. It's constant action!

But I do like the Barkley/Spike/Jackson commercials. I haven't seen the "Steaks on a Plane" What a great idea.

I think the Buffalo's Wild Wing are pretty funny. "Foodoo Doll?" Clever.

When I switch, the other game is also in a commercial break. Almost always.

rsvman
03-17-2017, 05:19 PM
How much money would you personally pay, right out of your wallet, to never have to see a Buick commercial during the tournament? No more of that incredibly annoying "song" (dun-duh duh dun-duh duh dun-duh duh dun-duh...). Words can't describe how much I hate that freaking thing.
I would gladly pay $20 or even $30 to get rid of those commercials.

Maybe if we all did it, they'd make enough money that they wouldn't feel the need to show their commercials anymore.

Devilwin
03-17-2017, 06:27 PM

Singing? They sound like clucking hens. BAH,BAH BAH BAH BAH..Hate that one.

jjgittes
03-17-2017, 06:51 PM
They all go back like a Blur to me.

duke79
03-17-2017, 09:17 PM
I agree with all of the above!

JStuart
03-17-2017, 10:06 PM

And tonight, when I switched to avoid the Subway commercial, I caught the rest of it on the TruTV channel....arrrrggghhh!!!!

Pghdukie
03-17-2017, 10:11 PM
All of these ads beat the ACC Tourney ad about the SPLATTER in your toilet bowl. Ad must have been on 25 times each game. Although every time I seen it - reminded me of the CHEATS.

kAzE
03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
I was sick of the Dan Band/"Don't Wanna Miss A Thing" DirecTV commercials during the play-in games. Now that we're not even done with the First Round, I'm searching my thesaurus for something worse than 'outright hatred.'

I dunno what you're talking about, that guy is awesome :)

hudlow
03-18-2017, 04:09 PM

If I'm ever found with a Whey Bar in my mouth, check to see if I've been shot.

If not, please shoot me.

TNDukeFan
03-18-2017, 07:53 PM
Can someone explicate that Audi commercial with the bull and the rodeo? I'm frankly baffled.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-18-2017, 08:04 PM
Anyone notice the skunk sticker at the end of the Geico commercial? It's the one with the animal stickers talking to each other on the back of a motor home/camper. Watch the last 2 seconds or so and watch the skunk. :cool::rolleyes:

Troublemaker
03-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Can someone explicate that Audi commercial with the bull and the rodeo? I'm frankly baffled.

Driving an Audi gives you confidence to face down a bull maybe?

Indoor66
03-18-2017, 08:10 PM
Driving an Audi gives you the Horns?

brevity
03-18-2017, 08:22 PM

This ad (https://www.ispot.tv/ad/APe5/audi-s5-monster)? Before the rodeo (the night before, maybe) the driver/matador unleashes his red car/cape. The bull witnesses the car's awesome power. Then, later, the bull is ready to do bull things in the rodeo, but the driver shows up again in his red car, and the bull remembers who he's up against. The bull concedes.

Hemingway probably could have described it in fewer words, like six (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_sale:_baby_shoes,_never_worn).

rsvman
03-18-2017, 08:35 PM
Another one I don't get is the Infiniti commercial. Let me get this straight: she is bragging because she bought a car that has a sophisticated self-parking system built in??

I'd be more impressed if she could parallel park the car using, I don't know, maybe the steering wheel and the gas and brake pedals? You know, actually display some skill at driving the car? Sheesh.

fuse
03-18-2017, 09:17 PM
I hope we can all agree the LG refrigerator commercial has won March Madness.

53n206
03-18-2017, 09:39 PM

I too have noticed this.

53n206
03-18-2017, 09:44 PM
Trucks and SUVs roaring down mountains, through snow, slush, and mud, arriving sparking as the day they went on the showroom floor. Too cool!

Devilwin
03-18-2017, 09:54 PM

Those are beyond horrid. Always keep the remote close by so when they come on..Mute.

Doria
03-19-2017, 12:11 AM
I hope we can all agree the LG refrigerator commercial has won March Madness.

I think it's a ridiculous feature in a fridge, but I love the commercial.

TruBlu
03-19-2017, 08:42 AM

Those are beyond horrid. Always keep the remote close by so when they come on..Mute.

Because of the "Don't wanna Miss a Thing" commercial and the Gatorade Whey Bar commercial, I will have to order a new remote. The mute button is getting worn out.

Trucks and SUVs roaring down mountains, through snow, slush, and mud, arriving sparking as the day they went on the showroom floor. Too cool!

SUVs can go fast downhill?!? Wow, what a revelation!:rolleyes:

Indoor66
03-19-2017, 08:44 AM
SUVs can go fast downhill?!? Wow, what a revelation!:rolleyes:

Better proof would be to drive one off a cliff. :mad:

camion
03-19-2017, 09:06 AM
Better proof would be to drive one off a cliff. :mad:

Hope it has air brakes. :eek:

BlueDevilBrowns
03-19-2017, 01:48 PM
This is gonna make me sound like a grumpy old Generation X'er but the Samsung "Drop the mic speech(i.e. Watch Me)" seems like a Millennial wet dream of "selfies" and "me-isms".

Needless to say, it's worn thin on me.

rsvman
03-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Anybody else upset that Taco Bell doesn't call it the "Russell Westbrook Crunch Wrap"?

OldPhiKap
03-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Steaks on a Plane.

'Nuf said.

Troublemaker
03-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Another one I don't get is the Infiniti commercial. Let me get this straight: she is bragging because she bought a car that has a sophisticated self-parking system built in??

I'd be more impressed if she could parallel park the car using, I don't know, maybe the steering wheel and the gas and brake pedals? You know, actually display some skill at driving the car? Sheesh.

I don't think that commercial was trying to sell the girl. It was trying to sell the car...

TruBlu
03-19-2017, 06:15 PM
I don't think that commercial was trying to sell the girl. It was trying to sell the car...

Dang. I was in the process of cashing in my 401K.

duke4ever19
03-19-2017, 06:18 PM
I like the "guilt-trip" commercial.

Only other cynics will know which one I am referencing.

rsvman
03-19-2017, 07:43 PM

Duh. That's not the point. In the commercial she is bragging about how she parks the car. I'm just saying that I don't think having to have a complicated machine carry out a simple motor skill for you is anything to brag about.

Reilly
03-19-2017, 07:52 PM
If you don't like the commercials, here's a list of hoops documentaries to watch:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/15/7-basketball-documentaries-to-watch-during-a-march-madness-blizzard/

Troublemaker
03-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Duh. That's not the point. In the commercial she is bragging about how she parks the car. I'm just saying that I don't think having to have a complicated machine carry out a simple motor skill for you is anything to brag about.

Yes, I understood what your point was the first time.

Kinda distracted with something major possibly happening right now. Not gonna argue with you about this right now.

moonpie23
03-19-2017, 08:16 PM
i definitely don't like the Audi/bull commercial........rodeos are cruel, and the commercial makes zero sense...

TruBlu
03-19-2017, 11:28 PM
Well, I don't have to watch any more crappy commercials.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-19-2017, 11:50 PM
Anyone notice the skunk sticker at the end of the Geico commercial? It's the one with the animal stickers talking to each other on the back of a motor home/camper. Watch the last 2 seconds or so and watch the skunk. :cool::rolleyes:

Well, since I've watched my last game of the tournament, I won't have to watch the skunk fart again. We stunk up the place worse than he did tonight.:mad:

Devilwin
03-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Well, since I've watched my last game of the tournament, I won't have to watch the skunk fart again. We stunk up the place worse than he did tonight.:mad:

Hilarious.But oh so true..

Turk
03-20-2017, 02:01 PM

Once upon a time, they all liked to show how well their trucks went *up* muddy and snowy hills. Anything will go downhill with a little push, you don't even need to start the engine...

I need three times as many Chuck / Sam / Spike commercials to cancel out that dork who lip-syncs at the parking attendant. What a waste of a convertible.

JetpackJesus
03-20-2017, 07:47 PM

Is that what's supposed to be going on in that commercial? I really had no clue what was going on with that one.