PDA

View Full Version : Mark Bradley likes the ACC

Olympic Fan
03-14-2017, 01:51 PM
The veteran Atlanta columnist is picking four ACC teams in the Final Four, with Duke beating UNC in the title game:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/bracket-fiasco-first-picking-all-acc-final-four/6sWrxAX7nfkg13rFZ9nlSL/

Spanarkel
03-14-2017, 01:58 PM
The veteran Atlanta columnist is picking four ACC teams in the Final Four, with Duke beating UNC in the title game:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/bracket-fiasco-first-picking-all-acc-final-four/6sWrxAX7nfkg13rFZ9nlSL/

I don't think the NCAA powers-that-be would be thrilled with an all-ACC Final Four, and the NCAA assigns the referees.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-14-2017, 02:21 PM

I don't know his methodology, but I have to admit I would accept that outcome.

Doria
03-14-2017, 02:23 PM

It would mean accepting UNC with another ill-gotten FF, but heck, I'm willing to make the concession if it means the rest comes true.

gam7
03-14-2017, 02:26 PM
I don't think the NCAA powers-that-be would be thrilled with an all-ACC Final Four, and the NCAA assigns the referees.

They might not be thrilled about a potential Notre Dame-Louisville final, but a Duke-UNC final would be the holy grail. It would get ratings. And I don't want to see that matchup one bit.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-14-2017, 02:26 PM

Hate to reply to myself, but I found this gem in the comments of that article:

The ACC has gotten 13 teams into the last 2 Tournaments, and those teams have gone 36-12. 4 of those losses have come against other ACC teams. 32-8 against the rest of college basketball's best, which is an 0.800 winning percentage. Consider how amazing that is, for a moment.

UNCfan
03-14-2017, 02:27 PM
I spoke with my friend that is a huge Duke fan and we both agreed, we could not survive a NC game. Given a 50/50 shot at winning, I wouldn't take those odds. The risk outweighs the reward!

DukeDevil
03-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Same final four bracket and outcome I picked!

BigWayne
03-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Same final four bracket and outcome I picked!

I gave the heels the first weekend to score some easy points in my bracket. I can't have them winning after that even if it's to my benefit.

duketaylor
03-14-2017, 08:25 PM
"I spoke with my friend that is a huge Duke fan and we both agreed, we could not survive a NC game. Given a 50/50 shot at winning, I wouldn't take those odds. The risk outweighs the reward!"

Told the wife, if that happens we gotta build a rubber-room and make sure I have plenty of heart medication and EMTs in attendance!!:rolleyes:

OldPhiKap
03-14-2017, 08:33 PM
"I spoke with my friend that is a huge Duke fan and we both agreed, we could not survive a NC game. Given a 50/50 shot at winning, I wouldn't take those odds. The risk outweighs the reward!"

Told the wife, if that happens we gotta build a rubber-room and make sure I have plenty of heart medication and EMTs in attendance!!:rolleyes:

If we played in the finals, I am sure I would tape it and find out if we won before watching. Seriously.

MChambers
03-14-2017, 08:35 PM
If we played in the finals, I am sure I would tape it and find out if we won before watching. Seriously.

That would be the only way to do it. And, if we lost, not watch it.

OldPhiKap
03-14-2017, 08:41 PM

Still haven't seen the 1990 Vegas fiasco. Went to a Dead show in Atlanta, heard we lost in the parking lot after the show and just threw out the VCR tape right from the machine.

Bad game. Killer show.

https://archive.org/details/gd90-04-02.nak.nawrocki.3299.sbeok.shnf/gd1990-04-02d1t01.shn

wilko
03-14-2017, 08:59 PM

2 of 3... I like our chances on another neutral court outside the ACC traditional footprint.
Ready to large and end the noise...

And if we gotta dig up extra cheese for Tonya Harding and Jeff Gillooly for some insurance...

MarkD83
03-14-2017, 10:19 PM
And you will notice that the other three picks for the Final Four are the three teams Duke just beat on consecutive days to win the ACC tournament....

rtnorthrup
03-14-2017, 10:22 PM
ACC not looking too good so far. Clemson lost in NIT. GaTech losing and Wake losing. Not the best omen.

chriso
03-15-2017, 12:10 AM
I posted earlier about walking my Beagle for an hour when Duke is down double digits due to nerves. Duke UNC 4 would require a 2 and a half hour Beagle walk. There's no way my nerves could take that. :)

duke4ever19
03-15-2017, 12:32 AM
ACC not looking too good so far. Clemson lost in NIT. GaTech losing and Wake losing. Not the best omen.

I'm not going to take the ACC performance in the NIT too seriously, or as a guide to how the our NCAA tourney teams will fare, but that's just me.

I think it's hard for teams that just miss out on the tourney to turn around and get hyped up for the "also-ran" tournament. In fact, I've heard coaches say as much.

Some of these NIT teams genuinely look disinterested.

I still think the ACC will rule the big boy tournament.

BandAlum83
03-15-2017, 04:19 AM

Interesting. That's the final 4 and final I filled out on Monday.

53n206
03-15-2017, 06:20 AM

I do this whenever we are behind by 4-6 points. Glance at the ESPN scoreboard to learn when to come out of my shell.