PDA

View Full Version : Must see football commitment video!

JasonEvans
03-14-2017, 11:36 AM
The football recruiting thread already has this commitment, but the video is... well... see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hyH9rLRUg

-Jason "I know there are concerns about keeping a kid this highly regarded at Duke, but I don't know how you make a video like that and then flip to another school" Evans

Merlindevildog91
03-14-2017, 12:10 PM
The football recruiting thread already has this commitment, but the video is... well... see for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8hyH9rLRUg

-Jason "I know there are concerns about keeping a kid this highly regarded at Duke, but I don't know how you make a video like that and then flip to another school" Evans

Wow. Too funny!

Hingeknocker
03-14-2017, 12:24 PM
The fact that this kid looks like a serious player makes it even better. Pumped to have him as part of #DukeGang18!!!

BD80
03-14-2017, 03:31 PM
I love having a kid like this at Duke!

Billy Dat
03-14-2017, 03:56 PM
These commitment videos are getting more and more sophisticated. Do you suppose the production houses do them for free because it is such good publicity?

JasonEvans
03-14-2017, 06:11 PM
Someone help me with the plot... he's a journalist, right? Like Superman. His editor wants him to get a story on the kidnapped woman and the mysterious superhero T-Nasty.

The heroes from USC, Va Tech, and Oregon all get zapped by the criminal (who sometimes shoots energy out of his hands, sometimes throws some kind of fireballs, and sometimes fires a magic wand kind of thing). Then, the superhero from Louisville defeats the bad guy (by picking him up and tossing him to the ground). But, as Captain Louisville is rescuing the girl, Tahj (the real T-Nasty) pulls out his Duke shirt and... attacks the Louisville hero?!?! Why?!?! What did Captain Louisville do wrong?

Anyway, after earlier appearing to merely have the ability to toss people to the ground, suddenly Captain Louisville can throw fireballs, but they are ineffective against Duke bound, T-Nasty. T-Nasty vaporizes Captain Louisville with some kind of thunderclap energy blast from his hands. Then, he breaks the ropes binding the beauty queen with lasers from his eyes and he carries her away. The whole thing ends with T-Nasty showing off his hands of flames, yet another super power.

And we never see what happened when he goes back to the office. Does his boss not want to know who T-Nasty is any more?

-Jason "cool special effects, but they needed a script doctor. I wonder if Tarantino was available ;) " Evans

summerwind03
03-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Someone help me with the plot... he's a journalist, right? Like Superman. His editor wants him to get a story on the kidnapped woman and the mysterious superhero T-Nasty.

The heroes from USC, Va Tech, and Oregon all get zapped by the criminal (who sometimes shoots energy out of his hands, sometimes throws some kind of fireballs, and sometimes fires a magic wand kind of thing). Then, the superhero from Louisville defeats the bad guy (by picking him up and tossing him to the ground). But, as Captain Louisville is rescuing the girl, Tahj (the real T-Nasty) pulls out his Duke shirt and... attacks the Louisville hero?!?! Why?!?! What did Captain Louisville do wrong?

Anyway, after earlier appearing to merely have the ability to toss people to the ground, suddenly Captain Louisville can throw fireballs, but they are ineffective against Duke bound, T-Nasty. T-Nasty vaporizes Captain Louisville with some kind of thunderclap energy blast from his hands. Then, he breaks the ropes binding the beauty queen with lasers from his eyes and he carries her away. The whole thing ends with T-Nasty showing off his hands of flames, yet another super power.

And we never see what happened when he goes back to the office. Does his boss not want to know who T-Nasty is any more?

-Jason "cool special effects, but they needed a script doctor. I wonder if Tarantino was available ;) " Evans

Well, when you put it that way....!

I was just excited Duke won so was willing to overlook a few minor plot inconsistencies.

OldPhiKap
03-14-2017, 07:11 PM

There's one in every crowd . . . .

;-)

Reilly
03-14-2017, 07:24 PM
From black pigeons using Skype to T-Nasty throwing fire ... superheroes are getting way cooler.

Avvocato
03-14-2017, 07:57 PM

Or, the guy just wanted to make a cool video with a little head fake. He made it look like Louisville might be the winner, but nope, it's really Duke. I'm not going to over analyze it and just enjoy it and the outcome.

YmoBeThere
03-14-2017, 10:11 PM
i'm not going to over analyze it and just enjoy it and the outcome.

x2 ftw

JetpackJesus
03-15-2017, 12:00 AM

Well, the Louisville "hero" attacked T-Nasty without provocation. T-Nasty was just defending himself.

Reilly
03-15-2017, 01:26 AM
How do we know Captain Louisville was coming to the rescue? Could have been a subtle Pitino/Petrino jab (take your pick).

OZ
03-15-2017, 01:47 AM

I would explain it to you Jason, but, with all due respect, I'm afraid it is way over your head.

OldPhiKap
03-15-2017, 07:24 AM
I would explain it to you Jason, but, with all due respect, I'm afraid it is way over your head.

Perhaps it a comment on the duality of man. You know, the whole Jungian thing.

Papa John
03-15-2017, 08:04 AM

Jeez, Evans... Ever hear of a "spoiler alert"? Now you've gone ahead and described the entire video, so someone who hasn't seen it won't be surprised by the masterful twist at the end. Way to go. It's an indie flick--it doesn't need to make any sense... And thank goodness Tarantino wasn't involved, as everyone would be dead (including the damsel in distress), the train platform would be a bloody mess, and it likely would have ended with the NCAA giving UNC a slap on the wrist...

BD80
03-15-2017, 08:46 AM

I'm still working on the "beauty queen" aspect of the plot.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-15-2017, 09:13 AM
How do we know Captain Louisville was coming to the rescue? Could have been a subtle Pitino/Petrino jab (take your pick).

Looks like Captain Louisville came, er, arrived too quickly.

FerryFor50
03-15-2017, 10:07 AM
That was.... weird.

Reilly
03-15-2017, 08:04 PM
I'm still working on the "beauty queen" aspect of the plot.

Yeah, the lack of a crown and sash threw me, too. Might've been more of a scholarship pageant.