PDA

View Full Version : WBB: NCAA tourney

91devil
03-13-2017, 07:18 PM
Good News: The Ladies' renaissance season was rewarded with a Number Two seed in the Tournament. Great job!

Bad News: Same bracket as UConn.

They could meet Maryland and Coach Brenda in the Sweet Sixteen.

uh_no
03-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Good News: The Ladies' renaissance season was rewarded with a Number Two seed in the Tournament. Great job!

Bad News: Same bracket as UConn.

They could meet Maryland and Coach Brenda in the Sweet Sixteen.

The Selection Empire struck back, methinks....but hey, they knocked off USC, didn't they?

uconn's not as good as they have been, an off night, and they're beatable. Given, they've also traditionally, well, eviscerated Duke teams.....but I'd love to see a good game....just not one that ends with a full court prayer three at the buzzer....

CameronBornAndBred
03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
Very proud of this team for earning the two, that is so awesome. Don't care if it is UCONN's bracket, the ladies aren't showing up to just make it the FF. So assuming we are playing to win it all, we gotta beat the Huskies (or the team that beats them) at some point.
LGD!!

burnspbesq
03-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Wouldn't you like to have seen Lexie's reaction when the potential Sweet 16 matchup with Murlund came up on the screen?

dudog84
03-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Yeah, as soon as I saw the East bracket had Maryland I knew that was our destination also. That said, I'm very happy for this team earning a 2 seed. Many kudos.

re UConn, I agree we'd have to go through them (or who beat them) eventually. So I try not to whine about brackets, and I'm on the record saying I don't care about Final Four banners. Just didn't want to do it in Connecticut. However, that's certainly getting ahead of ourselves because we've got to win 3 games to even have to worry about it.

Good luck ladies! Keep up the good work!

dudog84
03-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Wouldn't you like to have seen Lexie's reaction when the potential Sweet 16 matchup with Murlund came up on the screen?

That matchup has been set in stone since mid-season.

burnspbesq
03-13-2017, 07:54 PM
I'll bet K-State didn't expect to be hosting, but they get the benefit of the Pac-12 booking Maples Pavilion for its gymnastics championship this weekend.

burnspbesq
03-13-2017, 07:56 PM
State got about the most favorable draw it could have hoped for. Texas has been in free fall down the stretch.

rtnorthrup
03-13-2017, 08:04 PM
You can take a look here for a summary. ESPN has the class ranked 12th.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/class-rankings/rank?rank=12&class=2017&date=20161120

Edit...it's hard to know how up to date that is..it shows current as of late November.

Everything I have seen about Mikayla Boykin indicates she is a stud. Could be a level of competition thing, but her videos are incredible.

Indoor66
03-13-2017, 08:06 PM
Everything I have seen about Mikayla Boykin indicates she is a stud. Could be a level of competition thing, but her videos are incredible.

Do you have gender confusion?

DukieInKansas
03-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Congratulations on the 2 seed, Blue Devils!

One game at a time - let's go beat some teams. (6 would do nicely, thank you very much!)

dudog84
03-13-2017, 11:54 PM
For anyone that thinks the men's committee is a bunch of screw-ups, you have to read this article on the nonsense coming out of the women's committee:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18894591/winners-losers-year-women-ncaa-tournament-bracket

So while I was a bit annoyed that UConn can make the Final Four without leaving the state (which one could argue they have earned), Kentucky doesn't even have to leave campus!

Doria
03-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Congrats to the WBB team! We've earned 2 seeds for both teams now!

LGD!