PDA

View Full Version : Kennard MVP For Tourney.

Devilwin
03-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Luke won MVP for the ACCT. A good choice, but I would have voted for Tatum. 88 points in the 4 games. What does everyone else think?

summerwind03
03-12-2017, 08:39 PM
It was a bit of a surprise choice to me. In fact, I posted in the other thread how Wikipedia had Jayson listed as Mvp right after the game.

If someone could post the all tournament team, I would appreciate that too.

kAzE
03-12-2017, 08:44 PM
It was a bit of a surprise choice to me. In fact, I posted in the other thread how Wikipedia had Jayson listed as Mvp right after the game.

If someone could post the all tournament team, I would appreciate that too.

1st Team:

Luke Kennard
Jayson Tatum
Isaiah Hicks
Bonzie Colson
Matt Farell

2nd Team:
Grayson Allen
Frank Jackson
Amile Jefferson
Steve Vasturia
Zach LeDay

Duke with 5 selections!

Furniture
03-12-2017, 08:46 PM
As several have said it's a make up call for giving Josh Jackson POY ACC.

summerwind03
03-12-2017, 08:49 PM
1st Team:

Luke Kennard
Jayson Tatum
Isaiah Hicks
Bonzie Colson
Matt Farell

2nd Team:
Grayson Allen
Frank Jackson
Amile Jefferson
Steve Vasturia
Zach LeDay

Duke with 5 selections!

Thank you. Who selects the teams?

dukefan_828
03-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Guess they were just making up for mistake that was the regular season MVP. Kudos to the legend Luke "Swoops" Kennard, but i to had Jayson as MVP of the Tourny. Also how cool is Tatum kid is about to be a multi millionaire within the next 90 days but he is just all about Duke right now!! Shows alot of class, well spoken and you can tell the guys love him. He was so happy for Luke, and loves to dish it to Harry he gets so excited after a HG dunk!

juise
03-12-2017, 09:20 PM

You think Roy lobbied for a Jayhawk to win it? �� That would be unexpected.

Oh, and it's Tatum by a mile.

elvis14
03-12-2017, 09:26 PM
Was it really Luke? I thought/assumed it was Jayson.

Devilwin
03-12-2017, 09:29 PM
Yes, it was Luke, who, I admit, was really good, but Jayson was spectacular..

tbyers11
03-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Thank you. Who selects the teams?

I believe the media selects them. According to several media on Twitter, the votes had to be submitted at the under 4 timeout. That could explain a bit how Luke won. I'd have voted for Tatum but could see how some might vote for Luke before the last 4 minutes.

I know that Steve Wiseman says that he voted for Tatum if Duke won and Colson if ND won

dukelifer
03-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Luke won MVP for the ACCT. A good choice, but I would have voted for Tatum. 88 points in the 4 games. What does everyone else think?

Like the NCAA seed selections, the MVP voting is done on Thursday ;)

elvis14
03-12-2017, 09:42 PM
I believe the media selects them. According to several media on Twitter, the votes had to be submitted at the under 4 timeout. That could explain a bit how Luke won. I'd have voted for Tatum but could see how some might vote for Luke before the last 4 minutes.

I know that Steve Wiseman says that he voted for Tatum if Duke won and Colson if ND won

Wow, happy for Luke, who should have been ACC POY but wow I couldn't give him the MVP. His defense yesterday left a lot to be desired.

Devilwin
03-12-2017, 09:42 PM
Like the NCAA seed selections, the MVP voting is done on Thursday ;)

Hahaha, almost believed you for a second..Not quite though..lol:)

subzero02
03-12-2017, 10:25 PM

Not even this explains it. I love Luke, from the start of the season I would tell casual viewers at sports bars that Luke would lead the nation in scoring as a junior or senior. I didn't expect him to improve this quickly though. He should've won ACC POY but anyone who watched Duke over the last 4 games and thought anyone aside from Tatum was the MVP was too busy doing other things while the games were being played. His driving, shooting, defense and rebounding carried us.

camion
03-12-2017, 10:29 PM
Hahaha, almost believed you for a second..Not quite though..lol:)

I think it's a joke too. But I'm not 100% certain.

gep
03-13-2017, 12:39 AM
I think it's possible that even Luke thought that Jayson was MVP. I thought I heard somewhere (post game press conference?) that Jayson and Luke should have been co-MVP's, if anything. Luke looked TOTALLY humbled and appreciative. GO LUKE!!!

Devilwin
03-13-2017, 05:56 AM

Justin Jackson you mean.