PDA

View Full Version : A Good Jayson Tatum read...

plimnko
03-12-2017, 08:00 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dukes-jayson-tatum-is-the-best-freshman-in-college-basketball-192102426.html

sagegrouse
03-12-2017, 08:04 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/dukes-jayson-tatum-is-the-best-freshman-in-college-basketball-192102426.html

Money quote:

NEW YORK — Jayson Tatum made his case for best freshman in the country with one play.

With under two minutes to play and Duke clinging to a one-point lead, Tatum took away an easy Notre Dame score with a swipe of his hands, snagged the block, turned around and saw only two Notre Dame players between him and the basket.

Tatum seized the moment, fought off the fatigue and stormed down the length of the court for the fast-break score.

Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski knew his star freshman was a special player. But he didn’t know he could do that.

“When he went full court, I said, ‘What are you doing?’ What are you — YES! YOU DID IT! How the hell did you do that?’ ”

53n206
03-12-2017, 08:08 PM
We are so fortunate to have him at Duke. Be safe Jayson, we really like you. (As a man I couldn't bring myself to say "we love" you.

Furniture
03-12-2017, 08:22 PM
We are so fortunate to have him at Duke. Be safe Jayson, we really like you. (As a man I couldn't bring myself to say "we love" you.

I love him and not afraid to say it!

kshepinthehouse
03-12-2017, 08:24 PM
I ❤️ him too!!!

Newton_14
03-12-2017, 08:37 PM
I took my daughter and her best friend out to Duke today to get Championship Shirts. We hung out in the Courtyard behind Cameron for awhile and got to see Tatum. Very very nice young man. He patiently took a picture with them, and signed my daughter's team poster. I asked him if he was tired and he gave me a one word answer "very".

Great moment for the girls. They also got pics and poster signed with Luke and with Vrank. It was a beautiful day on campus. The Duke Store didn't have the Championship Hats though which was disappointing but they will have then Tuesday.

dukefan_828
03-12-2017, 09:23 PM
I took my daughter and her best friend out to Duke today to get Championship Shirts. We hung out in the Courtyard behind Cameron for awhile and got to see Tatum. Very very nice young man. He patiently took a picture with them, and signed my daughter's team poster. I asked him if he was tired and he gave me a one word answer "very".

Great moment for the girls. They also got pics and poster signed with Luke and with Vrank. It was a beautiful day on campus. The Duke Store didn't have the Championship Hats though which was disappointing but they will have then Tuesday.

Awesome!! So nice of those guys and as i've said about Tatum in a previous post, for a 19 yr old who is about to become a selfmade multi millionaire in a few months he truly seems like a humble team player. From cheering on the guys to talking about how much of an honor it is to play at duke or signing a simple autograph for the fans (next year it would cost you atleast $100) I'm glad he decided to spend his freshman year at Duke, a great addition to the OAD's

porkpa
03-13-2017, 07:08 AM
I'm driving from Florida to my home in Pennsylvania on Wednesday. I will make a special detour to Durham and stop at the Duke Bookstore to pick up souvenirs to use in cheering our boys on.
If we make the Sweet Sixteen, I will definitely be in New York.

brevity
03-13-2017, 08:33 AM
A Good Jason Tatum read...

Who is "Jason Tatum"?

weezie
03-13-2017, 09:11 AM
I'm driving from Florida to my home in Pennsylvania on Wednesday...

Check the weather, gonna be a looooooong drive once you get to DC area.

plimnko
03-13-2017, 09:53 AM
Who is "Jason Tatum"?

honestly, you couldn't guess?

ricks68
03-13-2017, 10:05 AM

I see your daughter is beginning to spread the love around.😊 Good for her.

ricks

MCFinARL
03-13-2017, 10:23 AM
Who is "Jason Tatum"?

I believe he is a relative of Tyler Thorton.

BandAlum83
03-13-2017, 10:53 AM
Ruminate on this quote from the article:

“When I drove, Matt called my name,” Tatum said, recalling the play, “and as soon as I passed it to him I knew it was going to be a bucket.”

Not only was Matt "willing" and "ready" to take the shot, he WANTED the ball in that situation.