PDA

View Full Version : Have the last 4 days been as fun/exciting as a national title run?

eddiehaskell
03-12-2017, 05:04 AM
Ok, I know a national title is the ultimate goal, but for me the last 4 days were darn near on the level of a natty...maybe better.

We beat 4 good teams...4 DAYS IN A ROW. That's a lot of Duke basketball. What a treat for us fans! The road we took was probably MORE difficult than a sweet 16 through title game run (Clemson won't make it but they are probably better than many teams that will). We witnessed a team coming together and the national narrative change before our eyes. Duke basketball went from "ehh, 4 seed" to "THIS is the team to beat".

To top it all off - this run included a victory over UNC.

Does it really get any better for Duke basketball fans?

subzero02
03-12-2017, 05:12 AM
While this ACC title run was great, it ranks behind every national championship run in my opinion.

Dukeblue91
03-12-2017, 07:24 AM
The last 4 days were incredible and one of the best tournaments in my time as a Duke fan since 86' it doesn't compare to winning the big dance to me.
However this was the best ever ACC tournament and made history at the same time.

curtis325
03-12-2017, 08:16 AM
Four Duke wins in 81 hours is certainly fun and exciting.

dukelifer
03-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Ok, I know a national title is the ultimate goal, but for me the last 4 days were darn near on the level of a natty...maybe better.

We beat 4 good teams...4 DAYS IN A ROW. That's a lot of Duke basketball. What a treat for us fans! The road we took was probably MORE difficult than a sweet 16 through title game run (Clemson won't make it but they are probably better than many teams that will). We witnessed a team coming together and the national narrative change before our eyes. Duke basketball went from "ehh, 4 seed" to "THIS is the team to beat".

It is different but still fun. Championships are hard. Duke fans got spoiled thinking Duke would win every ACC championship. It has been 6 years. Regardless of what happens - this Duke team will have this accomplishment to mark a crazy season.

monkey
03-12-2017, 08:36 AM
I dunno - I guess we better make a national championship run so that we can compare... 😄

chriso
03-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Yes. This was great but a title is way, way better. But this run was incredible. And to have bragging rights over NC. I REALLY did not want to lose to them again! And Louisville and ND. It was like a payback tour. So proud of our team. Tatum is looking like a man among boys lately. He's the best freshman I've seen at Duke. Wow I just said that!

Troublemaker
03-12-2017, 08:57 AM
I'll say this. In my mind, and people can feel free to disagree, it's already a great season that I'll cherish.

My criteria for a "great season" is pretty simple. Accomplish at least one of the following:

1. Win an ACC title (official or regular season)
2. Sweep UNC, or failing that, win a rubber match to go 2-1.
3. Make it to the Final Four, at least

A select few teams have done all three but some teams have done none, so in my mind, you have to appreciate the ones that have accomplished one or two of these. This team has bagged two of these accomplishments and is now hunting for the final one.

chriso
03-12-2017, 09:02 AM
I'll say this. In my mind, and people can feel free to disagree, it's already a great season that I'll cherish.

My criteria for a "great season" is pretty simple. Accomplish at least one of the following:

A select few teams have done all three but some teams have done none, so in my mind, you have to appreciate the ones that have accomplished one or two of these. This team has bagged two of these accomplishments and is now hunting for the final one.
Well put. But I still want a title/Final Four. But agreed this makes the season a success. Oh yeah and getting the edge on Carolina. Whew.

duke2x
03-12-2017, 12:26 PM
It's fun any time your team does the unexpected. Any ACC win past Clemson was gravy for me.

Duke76
03-12-2017, 12:37 PM
It's fun any time your team does the unexpected. Any ACC win past Clemson was gravy for me.

hard to compare but I'll tell you what...I'm worn out and I bet everyone else is too...time to recharge and go to work

BD80
03-12-2017, 12:41 PM
hard to compare but I'll tell you what...I'm worn out and I bet everyone else is too...time to recharge and go to work

Next play?

flyingdutchdevil
03-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Who works in March?

kAzE
03-12-2017, 12:57 PM
I'm worn out just from cheering and yelling at TVs so hard the last 4 days. Can't imagine how tired the team must be. It was a magical run, and it was sweet to defeat the Cheaters again, but nothing beats cutting down the nets in the Final Four. We can't be satisfied yet. We still have work to do.

ncexnyc
03-12-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm worn out just from cheering and yelling at TVs so hard the last 4 days. Can't imagine how tired the team must be. It was a magical run, and it was sweet to defeat the Cheaters again, but nothing beats cutting down the nets in the Final Four. We can't be satisfied yet. We still have work to do.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who yells at the TV. :D

I'd also venture a guess that while the team may be very tired, there are probably a few of us fans who are just as tired from the massive adrenaline rush we've experienced the past few days and some of us older folks aren't as suited for that as these young players are.

You're absolutely right that this run was special, because it included a beat down of the cheats, but at the end of the day the PRIZE is a National Championship.

ricks68
03-12-2017, 01:47 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this, and the ACC Championship was also really close for me compared to the NCAA title because of the way we did it. I think that the venue, the hype, the quality of opponents, the backstories,etc. were all very similar to the NCAA Tournament, but on a more compact scale, IMO.

I am just so excited for the players and the fact that I get a year of bragging rights over those ÷=ŁĄ_%÷× Cheaters fans.

ricks

ricks68
03-12-2017, 01:50 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with this, and the ACC Championship was also really close for me compared to the NCAA title because of the way we did it. I think that the venue, the hype, the quality of opponents, the backstories,etc. were all very similar to the NCAA Tournament, but on a more compact scale, IMO.

I am just so excited for the players and the fact that I get a year of bragging rights over those ÷=ŁĄ_%÷× Cheaters fans.

ricks

One more thing that also made it so sweet for me-------they did it on my birthday!😄😄😄

ricks

duke4ever19
03-12-2017, 01:51 PM

You need to pencil in "flu-like symptoms" on your schedule for this coming Thursday - Sunday.

dukefan_828
03-12-2017, 01:55 PM
I just slept until 2pm... my liver says yes it was!! haha