PDA

View Full Version : Blue Ribbon Yearbook is out

Scoring Point
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Some tidbits

- They pick Duke 2nd in the ACC and 14th nationally
- Projected starting lineup is the "small ball" unit of Paulus, Scheyer, Nelson, Henderson and Singler
- They are more even handed in their treatment of Paulus than most national publications I have seen
- Quote Wojo as saying Taylor King "may see time at center against certain teams"
- Pick Carolina #1 nationally, followed by UCLA, Georgetown and Tennessee

ACC picks

UNC
Duke
NC State
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Virginia
Maryland
FSU
Miami
BC
Va Tech
Wake

Troublemaker
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I just ordered mine. $21.95 + like $6 shipping. A bit spendy considering the college football bible equivalent, Phil Steele's magazine, is only $10 -- then again, 336 teams vs 119 teams -- but I think I'll end up finding it to be well worth it. I don't always order Blue Ribbon, but I plan on watching a lot of college bball this season and the Yearbook will help keep me informed.

Note to any ESPN.com subscribers -- the Yearbook is available to you online for free on their college bball page.

Clipsfan
10-16-2007, 05:28 PM
I thought that most people had Memphis in their top 4, where does Blue Ribbon have them?

You can read up on the teams from 4 conferences on ESPN right now, including the Pac-10.

MusicCityDevil
10-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Picked mine up today...for free. Just so happens I work for the company that they rent office space from.

WiJoe
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Anybody, anybody, who wrote the Duke entry in Blue Ribbon?

watzone
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM

Well an inside tip is that it is somebody who frequents these parts and I am not talking about me. I will let them tell you should they feel comfortable in doing so.

WiJoe
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Alf?

Can't be Bilas.

C'mon, spit it out.

:cool:

pfrduke
10-17-2007, 01:31 AM
My shot in the dark would be Bill Brill, but that's total uninformed speculation.

Olympic Fan
10-17-2007, 03:32 PM

I don't know why there's any mystery. Al Featherston wrote the Duke entry -- his byline is at the end of the story (on page 46).

Just looking at the other ACC top 25 entries -- Eddy Landreth wrote the UNC entry; Tim Peeler wrote NC State (no. 17); Featherston also wrote Clemson (No. 23)

In fact, now that I look -- every story (even the non-top 25 ones) are bylined... it's just that the byline comes at the end

johnb
10-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Blue Ribbon is great. Unless Barry Jacobs returns to guide making, I don't think they have print competition.

blueribbonyearbook.com

And don't be turned off just because they list a plug from Billy Packer.