PDA

View Full Version : All out. All out. All out.

cptnflash
03-10-2017, 01:33 AM
If this has already been mentioned in the post-game thread, I apologize and mods please feel free to delete this post.

But if not... holy mackerel. That was just about the best summation of Grayson's game I've ever heard. Just like Coach K, I have Grayson's back 100%. I love that kid.

All out. All out. All out.

Furniture
03-10-2017, 06:29 AM
I mentioned it in one of the threads but I think it's deserves its own just to give people a better heads up to watch the press conference. I also mentioned that I think this was a motivational masterstroke by K to take Grayson. Let's see what happens today.

moonpie23
03-10-2017, 08:19 AM
Ga on deck!!!!!!!

BigZ
03-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Can someone explain what this means?

Billy Dat
03-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Can someone explain what this means?

In the post game presser, with Grayson at his side, K basically said that Grayson is ride-or-die, and K and the squad ride for him.

If that doesn't clear it up, I don't know how I could use plainer language.

;^)

weezie
03-10-2017, 08:58 AM
I actually teared up a bit. When K said that, Grayson kind of hung his head and smiled.

Folks, we know next to nothing about what this season has been like for this kid and this team. Lots of hot air and self-assumed expertise gets spouted by armchair generals, including me.

God bless this team. And, to Coach K, thank you for sharing your genius with us, I am humbled.

BlueHeaven
03-10-2017, 08:59 AM
In the post game presser, with Grayson at his side, K basically said that Grayson is ride-or-die, and K and the squad ride for him.

If that doesn't clear it up, I don't know how I could use plainer language.

;^)

I also think it was significant that K had his arm around Grayson and must have said 5 times that he loves this kid. K is a master at psychological motivation and this was totally intended to send a message to GA and to everyone else. As an aside, my cadre of middle aged women, all friends from Duke, (and I can point out that they are middle aged women because I am one too) went nuts (via text message) on Wednesday when GA caught the T. They were ready to skewer the kid and Coach K. I was happy to see, as I expected as I defended his passion, that nothing was made of it either in the press or on here. I suspect my friends have lived in their pink puffy cloud worlds for too long where real teenage behavior is rarely seen. The kid plays with all heart all the time and I suspect is wildly frustrated by his injury.

flyingdutchdevil
03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
I actually teared up a bit. When K said that, Grayson kind of hung his head and smiled.

Folks, we know next to nothing about what this season has been like for this kid and this team. Lots of hot air and self-assumed expertise gets spouted by armchair generals, including me.

God bless this team. And, to Coach K, thank you for sharing your genius with us, I am humbled.

I have to disagree with you. I'm pretty sure I know directionally what this season has been like for Grayson. And it hasn't been easy to say the least.

If there is one thing I know about Grayson, it's that he wears his emotions on his sleeve. He's not the hardest guy to read. And that means lots of highs and lots of lows this season.

Between the pre-season All-American status, the expectations for this Duke team, the tripping incident, the suspension, the captaincy strip, the multiple BS "incidents" that ESPN used to make Grayson a villain, the decrease in stats/efficiency, and the multiple injuries, I can't think of a player in the last 10 years who has had a more "eventful" (for lack of a better phrase) year. Sprinkle that with a few amazing games (first UNC game comes to mind) and it's easy to understand what this season has been like.

I really like Grayson. His on-court game is fearless coupled with talent - a rare combination. And I love how his teammates understand what he is going through and support him 100%. And I'm so impressed that Coach K stated what he stated yesterday.

kAzE
03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
If we win tonight, it will be because Grayson eviscerated UNC. Calling it now. I love that kid, too. He's like the guard version of Kyle Singler. All out, indeed.

flyingdutchdevil
03-10-2017, 12:26 PM
If we win tonight, it will be because Grayson eviscerated UNC. Calling it now. I love that kid, too. He's like the guard version of Kyle Singler. All out, indeed.

Minus the haircut. Please add minus the haircut.

RPS
03-10-2017, 02:23 PM
Between the pre-season All-American status, the expectations for this Duke team, the tripping incident, the suspension, the captaincy strip, the multiple BS "incidents" that ESPN used to make Grayson a villain, the decrease in stats/efficiency, and the multiple injuries, I can't think of a player in the last 10 years who has had a more "eventful" (for lack of a better phrase) year. Sprinkle that with a few amazing games (first UNC game comes to mind) and it's easy to understand what this season has been like.

Yup. Factor in his other two seasons and he may well have had the most "eventful" career of any Duke player.

I really like Grayson. His on-court game is fearless coupled with talent - a rare combination. And I love how his teammates understand what he is going through and support him 100%. And I'm so impressed that Coach K stated what he stated yesterday.

Me too (on all counts).

shrinkprof
03-10-2017, 03:43 PM
Yup. Factor in his other two seasons and he may well have had the most "eventful" career of any Duke player.

Me too (on all counts).
Time to reappoint him captain for the unc game

spoken like a shrink.

summerwind03
03-10-2017, 07:35 PM
I am all in for Grayson, because he plays all out for Duke!