PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Louisville

Bob Green
03-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match in today's big win over Louisville?

devildeac
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
Didn't/couldn't watch until our last turnover, FT and great D on their last possession, so my vote is stats based: Luuuuuuke. Looks like Tatum had a helluva game until what sounds like a bonehead turnover and fouling out

DukeFanSince1990
03-09-2017, 05:10 PM
This is hard.

Bob Green
03-09-2017, 05:11 PM
Looks like Tatum had a helluva game until what sounds like a bonehead turnover and fouling out

I do not believe it was a bonehead turnover at all. Snider made a heady defensive play and could have been called for a foul as he made a lot of contact with Allen while stealing the pass. Tatum played a great game today.

niveklaen
03-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Luke and Tatum had better games, but Grayson's improvement from yesterday's game was so night and day

DukieInBrasil
03-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Luke led the team with 10 boards and 3 assists and 1 block! Add 24 pts to that, and he was my MOTM.

kAzE
03-09-2017, 05:23 PM
Jayson and Grayson kept us afloat, but when we needed to mount a huge comeback, Luke was the man. He closed out the game.

BandAlum83
03-09-2017, 05:23 PM
I am so tempted to show Harry some love for putting numbers in 5 different stat categories.

wsb3
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM
Didn't/couldn't watch until our last turnover, FT and great D on their last possession, so my vote is stats based: Luuuuuuke. Looks like Tatum had a helluva game until what sounds like a bonehead turnover and fouling out

I thought that was more on Grayson..i didn't think he was strong catching the pass. Jayson's last foul was possibly a walk on L'Ville..

Grayson just seemed to have more life in him today.

devildeac
03-09-2017, 05:33 PM
I do not believe it was a bonehead turnover at all. Snider made a heady defensive play and could have been called for a foul as he made a lot of contact with Allen while stealing the pass. Tatum played a great game today.

Good to know. Thanks. Wasn't home quite in time to watch live and haven't seen any replays and the contact with no call doesn't surprise me one bit:mad:.

flyingdutchdevil
Jayson and Grayson kept us afloat, but when we needed to mount a huge comeback, Luke was the man. He closed out the game.

I think you can make a legitimate case for all of them:

Luke: Legendary late-game antics
Jayson: All-round solid game who helped stop the bleeding when Louisville came out strong
Grayson: Rebound after his worst game in a Duke jersey

Edouble
I took Tatum, but could see arguments for Luke or Grayson. I thought it was a real team effort today.

devildeac
03-09-2017, 05:36 PM
I thought that was more on Grayson..i didn't think he was strong catching the pass. Jayson's last foul was possibly a walk on L'Ville..

Grayson just seemed to have more life in him today.

Bob and someone else pointed that out, too. Thanks. Wasn't home in time to see live and have seen no replays. Of course it was a foul on us-not gonna call a walk on loovile which would re-ignite the "Duke gets all the calls" meme. :rolleyes:

kAzE
03-09-2017, 05:36 PM
I think you can make a legitimate case for all of them:

Luke: Legendary late-game antics
Jayson: All-round solid game who helped stop the bleeding when Louisville came out strong
Grayson: Rebound after his worst game in a Duke jersey

No doubt, all 3 of them were deserving, I just thought Luke made big plays when the pressure was on the most. I wouldn't fault anyone for going with Jayson or Grayson. Everyone played well. (Except for the first 7 minutes of the 2nd half, when everyone played awful)

OZZIE4DUKE
03-09-2017, 05:56 PM
It's nice to have Grayson back to his old self, at least for a half! Let's hope he plays as well tomorrow. GTHc!

weezie
03-09-2017, 05:57 PM
True, all three, but Tatum picked the team up and carried it in his arms.

azzefkram
03-09-2017, 07:16 PM
I was torn between choosing Jayson or Luke. The 10 boards tipped me toward Luke.