PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest thing about the 'Ville Win?

kako
03-09-2017, 04:43 PM
No matter what Duke does the rest of the tournament, K has passed El Deano for yet another record. Congrats to Coach.

porkpa
03-09-2017, 04:46 PM
What a game!! Thank goodness for switching to zone.
When you are beaten down the middle, one of the ways to counter that is to shut down the middle by playing zone.
Great gutty performance by the kids, especially Luke, Jayson, Grayson and Harry.

DukeFanSince1990
03-09-2017, 05:12 PM
The not folding in the face of adversity. They came at Duke HARD and the guys kept their heads up and came back at them even harder.

weezie
03-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Watching GA smile during presser when K said Grayson has played "All out, all out, all out" for three years.

Dukehky
03-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Passing Dean is great, but that was inevitable at this point, K is a better coach.

The best thing about today is that K looked like his team found something... and that is a scary mother freaking prospect for the rest of the country. And you know who should be the most scared? Those cowardly cheaters 8 miles down the road. Let's beat the hell out of them tomorrow.

dukelifer
03-09-2017, 05:58 PM
No matter what Duke does the rest of the tournament, K has passed El Deano for yet another record. Congrats to Coach.

Ship has sailed a while ago. Best part of the game for me was the energy the team played with after being down 12. Luke hit them with unbeleivable shots and Louisville got rattled. A team effort and a hard win. UNC will be rested but Duke will be loose. Best win of the year today. Gave everyone confidence.

eddiehaskell
03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
It feels like it's been thousands of times that I've pulled for Duke to win so we could face UNC - yet every time we would play flat and lose by 10 or so. That takes the joy out of the tournament for me. With UNC playing first, I'm usually "ok" with them winning if it means we get to take them out. This time my prayer was answered! I just know that if we would've lost, UNC would've stormed to the championship.

ipatent
03-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Three seed yet?

Dukehky
03-09-2017, 06:24 PM
Three seed yet?

I think so, although I'd rather be a 4... 2 line scares me more than the 1 line. I'd take 4 in Zags bracket every day of the week. Goss is their only player and he's not fast... Matt Jones specialty.

Reilly
03-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Where's Jim Boeheim rank on the list of most all-time ACC tournament wins? He seems like such a respected, conference elder statesman who has seen it all in this conference and whose advice we should seek and heed.

eddiehaskell
03-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Wins over UNC, Louisville, Virginia, Wake, FSU, ND, Miami, Florida, Michigan St and a 2 point loss to Kansas....regardless of seeding I feel this team can beat anybody. Granted, I also feel we can probably lose to 55 of the teams in the tournament. I'm just super happy we aren't limping into the tourament losing something like 3 of our last 4 games to mediocre opponents. We haven't had a particularly bad lose since the January skid.

Heck, a win over UNC will officially make us the hunters that nobody else wants in their bracket.

devildeac
03-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Where's Jim Boeheim rank on the list of most all-time ACC tournament wins? He seems like such a respected, conference elder statesman who has seen it all in this conference and whose advice we should seek and heed.

Tied with Pitino, I think.

;)

SoCalDukeFan
03-09-2017, 06:45 PM
one of most important things was the play of Harry Giles.

SoCal

Steven43
03-09-2017, 06:45 PM
I think so, although I'd rather be a 4... 2 line scares me more than the 1 line. I'd take 4 in Zags bracket every day of the week. Goss is their only player and he's not fast... Matt Jones specialty.
What do you mean the '2 line scares me more than the 1 line'?

Steven43
03-09-2017, 06:46 PM

Sarcastic much?

Olympic Fan
03-09-2017, 06:46 PM
Wins over UNC, Louisville, Virginia, Wake, FSU, ND, Miami, Florida, Michigan St and a 2 point loss to Kansas...regardless of seeding I feel this team can beat anybody. Granted, I also feel we can probably lose to 55 of the teams in the tournament. I'm just super happy we aren't limping into the tourament losing something like 3 of our last 4 games to mediocre opponents. We haven't had a particularly bad lose since the January skid.

Heck, a win over UNC will officially make us the hunters that nobody else wants in their bracket.

As of this moment, Duke and UNC are tied for the national lead with 11 top 50 wins, although both Villanova and FSU could get their 11th tonight.

dukelifer
03-09-2017, 07:35 PM

Maybe the strongest 4

SlapTheFloor
03-09-2017, 08:01 PM

I do not want us to be in the West. We have not had a lot of success when we've been forced to travel across the country.

Olympic Fan
03-09-2017, 08:12 PM
I do not want us to be in the West. We have not had a lot of success when we've been forced to travel across the country.

I definitely want us in the West. It's almost always the weakest regional (because they put so many western teams there). Plus, any region that has Gonzaga as a 1 or 2 seed has to be soft (although the Pac 12 team that will be the other 1-2 seed will be very good).

I know Duke hasn't had a lot of success out there, but you're talking a small sample size -- a VERY small sample size. And other Eastern teams have done very well coming out of the west -- I still remember Maryland's easy path through the West in 2001 ... NC State's path through the West in 1983 on their miracle run (although they had to beat another Eastern team in the West finals). In 2011 when we went West and lost to Arizona, it was UConn that won the region (and the national title).

The West is the easiest path to the Final Four ... bring it on.

OZ
03-09-2017, 08:25 PM
Two big "IFS"

If Allen can continue to be Allen (as he was today)...

If Giles can give us minutes like he did today...

...with each section being two games with a days rest... we could go deep in this thing...

Steven43
03-09-2017, 08:32 PM
I definitely want us in the West. It's almost always the weakest regional (because they put so many western teams there). Plus, any region that has Gonzaga as a 1 or 2 seed has to be soft (although the Pac 12 team that will be the other 1-2 seed will be very good).

I know Duke hasn't had a lot of success out there, but you're talking a small sample size -- a VERY small sample size. And other Eastern teams have done very well coming out of the west -- I still remember Maryland's easy path through the West in 2001 ... NC State's path through the West in 1983 on their miracle run (although they had to beat another Eastern team in the West finals). In 2011 when we went West and lost to Arizona, it was UConn that won the region (and the national title).

Hmm. Until I read your post I had been with SlapTheFloor in feeling wary of the West. You've almost convinced me that it may be the way to go,

But really, all I can think about right now is beating UNC, the school with the country's most arrogant and snobby fans, who also happen to have a MAJOR inferiority complex in regard to Duke University.

Nothing in all of sports gives me greater pleasure or a bigger high than Duke beating UNC in men's basketball. And one of the main reasons I get so much pleasure from it is because of how much they cherish their basketball history while being unbelievably smug and cocky about it. It's truly nauseating.

Only those who have lived in the Triangle can fully appreciate what it's like to be surrounded by UNC fans, who have turned self-delusional into an art form. I'm getting upset just thinking about it. Ugh.

jimmymax
03-09-2017, 08:48 PM
I'm going to go with: the zone. Because the defense Duke has played the last few years where the opposition slashes to the rim for layups like a hot knife through butter and if they miss gets as many offensive rebounds as needed to score has been making it painful to watch. Defense used to be a point of pride and a system-wide reassessment is needed. I don't know if it's the opponents' increased athleticism or that the "switch everything" scheme is too complex for the one-and-done players but it needs to change.

burnspbesq
03-09-2017, 08:55 PM

Out of idle curiosity, how many Gonzaga games have you watched so far this season?

howardlander
03-09-2017, 09:04 PM
Out of idle curiosity, how many Gonzaga games have you watched so far this season?

I've seen pieces of their games a few times now. I honestly don't know how to evaluate them. I saw them against Saint Mary's and was so unimpressed with Saint Mary's I couldn't tell a thing about Gonzaga

Steven43
03-09-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm going to go with: the zone. Because the defense Duke has played the last few years where the opposition slashes to the rim for layups like a hot knife through butter and if they miss gets as many offensive rebounds as needed to score has been making it painful to watch. Defense used to be a point of pride and a system-wide reassessment is needed. I don't know if it's the opponents' increased athleticism or that the "switch everything" scheme is too complex for the one-and-done players but it needs to change.

I think the answer is that some variant of a zone defense simply works better than man-to-man against the way offense is played today and the way the game is now officiated. Basketball has changed quite dramatically over the last ten years or so. It seems man-to-man is just too vulnerable of a defense for today's game.

Furniture
03-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Was coach K's happiness in his interview right after the final whistle. Pure joy and pride of his team!!

royalblue
03-09-2017, 09:40 PM

I agree with all of this statement.
It's not like the old days when you had to travel out west 2 weekends in a row. The path of one weekend in Greenville and one in San Jose sounds good to me. The 3 other regional locations are not close (NY,Memphis and KC) and will require plane travel anyway.
It does seem 1 of Oregon,UCLA, or AZ will be the 2 seed if it's the Ducks and they win the PAC-12
They will have a good argument for a 1 seed.
I think UCLA might be the toughest of the 3 for Duke to guard.
How much weight do you guys and gals think will be given to all the injuries Duke has had to deal with this year while seeding them?

Kedsy
03-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Because the defense Duke has played the last few years where... if [our opponents] miss gets as many offensive rebounds as needed to score has been making it painful to watch.

Ah, the good old days, when Duke never gave up any offensive rebounds.

Like the magical 8-year stretch from 1999 to 2006:

OPPONENTS' OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AS A PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE REBOUNDS:

1999: 34.9%
2000: 38.0%
2001: 36.1%
2002: 34.1%
2003: 34.9%
2004: 37.1%
2005: 36.8%
2006: 37.8%

Or maybe that equally or even more magical 8-year stretch from 1987 to 1994:

1987: 35.2%
1988: 35.2%
1989: 31.2%
1990: 39.7%
1991: 36.3%
1992: 37.2%
1993: 38.5%
1994: 38.6%

It would be so wonderful if the last 8 years could compare to either of those wonderful time periods:

2010: 32.5%
2011: 33.2%
2012: 31.9%
2013: 32.3%
2014: 31.3%
2015: 30.2%
2016: 31.3%
2017: 28.5%

Wait, that can't be right. The last few years, our opponents have gotten "as many offensive rebounds as needed to score," it couldn't possibly have been Duke's best few-year stretch for preventing opposing offensive rebounds (and I mean ever, since they started keeping the stat). And, especially, this year couldn't possibly be our best defensive rebounding performance ever (again, since they started keeping the stat in 1987). No way, not possible, because it's been so "painful to watch."

Funny thing, facts.

Furniture
03-09-2017, 10:51 PM
If you haven't watched the press conference do it! Firstly it was great to see Grayson up there. There are many things to point out but what was really cool was when K was asked about the three point shot that Grayson was fouled on. K's response was Grayson has played Duke basketball for three years.
All out....all out....all out!
He also said that he loves Grayson and he has his back as do the rest of the team.

The look on Grayson's face was just priceless!!!

jv001
03-09-2017, 10:59 PM
Passing Dean is great, but that was inevitable at this point, K is a better coach.

The best thing about today is that K looked like his team found something... and that is a scary mother freaking prospect for the rest of the country. And you know who should be the most scared? Those cowardly cheaters 8 miles down the road. Let's beat the hell out of them tomorrow.

And Coach K did it without cheating. Dean knew and Roy knew. Cheat University. GoDuke!

jimmymax
03-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Funny thing, facts.

Amazed that a hyperbolic statement triggered such a fact finding mission. But facts are proving to be so subjective these days. I am worried about the missing years in your data and hope you weren't cherry picking :-). There are lots of 30-something percentages without much variance but that 28% does look pretty sweet.

So you're saying Duke has made (some) strides since 1987 and there's no need for concern. Duke is right there with a healthy "OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AS A PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE REBOUNDS" statistic. But does that mean it is (or has ever been) one of the team's strengths? (I'm not asking you to research this) but as a perennial top-10 team I can't believe Duke is ever top-10 in "OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AS A PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE REBOUNDS" -- in a good way.

Kedsy
03-09-2017, 11:26 PM
Amazed that a hyperbolic statement triggered such a fact finding mission. But facts are proving to be so subjective these days. I am worried about the missing years in your data and hope you weren't cherry picking :-). There are lots of 30-something percentages without much variance but that 28% does look pretty sweet.

So you're saying Duke has made (some) strides since 1987 and there's no need for concern. Duke is right there with a healthy "OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AS A PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE REBOUNDS" statistic. But does that mean it is (or has ever been) one of the team's strengths? (I'm not asking you to research this) but as a perennial top-10 team I can't believe Duke is ever top-10 in "OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AS A PERCENTAGE OF AVAILABLE REBOUNDS" -- in a good way.

I'm not cherry-picking. The last six seasons were six of Duke's seven best in this category since the stat was introduced in 1987. This year (if it holds up) is the best Duke has ever done in this stat.

As far as the variance goes, the difference between this year's team's rate and, e.g., the 2004 Final Four team's rate would come out to about 3 opposing offensive rebounds per game, which to me sounds like a lot.

In general, Duke is never a top ten team in defensive rebounding -- this year we're in the top one hundred, and that's pretty good for us. But there's a difference between "no need for concern" and "the last few years have been painful." My point was you were pining for the days when Duke could defend and rebound defensively, except this year has been our best defensive-rebounding team ever (or at least in the past 30 years). If you're going to be "hyperbolic," seems to me you ought to at least aim your hyperbole toward something that has even a tiny grain of truth. In this case, you didn't.

Steven43
03-09-2017, 11:47 PM

Dude, you don't mess with Kedsy. Most of us know that all too well. He will embarrass you. It happened to me several times before I wised up. Good luck.

duke4ever19
03-10-2017, 12:09 AM
Dude, you don't mess with Kedsy. Most of us know that all too well. He will embarrass you. It happened to me several times before I wised up. Good luck.

Ah, but there are some clever trolls who make sport out of sending people on long fact-finding missions to prove the them wrong. :)

The image of another person busily compiling facts/stats/figures is a welcome one to this kind of troll.
The truly great "time-waster" trolls make sure that the facts/truth in question are not ready at hand, and need the other person to do some "footwork" beyond copy and pasting.

I consider these "time waster" trolls to be on a higher level than the ones who make racist or sexist statements and wait gleefully for the fall-out.

uh_no
03-10-2017, 12:18 AM
the redbreast i sipped as we dribbled out the final seconds

Spud_chance
03-10-2017, 08:10 AM

I'm not really replying to this post, but to the previous post that questions how good of a team Gonzaga really is.

I have been a Duke fan for over 30 years. Even though I live in the Seattle area I've seen Duke play multiple times at other venues and twice at Cameron. My sons are avid Duke fans. We are also Gonzaga fans and have been for a very long time. My older son is a student at Gonzaga and remains a Duke fan as well. I've seen every Gonzaga game this season and every Duke that has been televised. Gonzaga is a solid team and Williams-Goss is not the only player on that team. Johnathon Williams, transfer from Missouri is great. Karnowski is great. Collins, from same high school as Jeter is great and a projected 1st round draft pick even though he comes off the bench. They play 8 guys. Perkins was recruited by Duke. We all know that the best team doesn't always win the NCAA tournament. Matchups are huge, teams can have a bad day, anything can happen in a one and done tournament. Gonzaga is a solid team though. I would suggest that people refrain from making negative comments about any team since those comments could very well end up in the other team's locker room.

budwom
03-10-2017, 09:07 AM

I agree 100% and have been begging K to play some zone this year, but he rarely listens to me.

Personally, I don't think the OAD era has that much to do with our struggles, even though some of our young guys DO struggle to rotate...
The real problem is that we just don't get much pressure on the ball, and as good as Allen and Kennard are, they are NOT good at keeping their
man in front of them...teams have been driving on us all year.

Yesterday the situation begged for a zone: Lville was clanking their outside shots in the first half, but had a layup line going until we finally (finally) tried a zone.
Yeah, at times it won't work, but at least we can make a team work against it....Lville just had no solution.

I know the holes can often beat a zone with putbacks, but I trust we'll at least give it a try tonight. It should be pointed out that it was
a rather spirited zone we played yesterday, which was nice to see, lots of movement.

brevity
03-10-2017, 09:15 AM
I agree 100% and have been begging K to play some zone this year, but he rarely listens to me.

Personally, I don't think the OAD era has that much to do with our struggles, even though some of our young guys DO struggle to rotate...
The real problem is that we just don't get much pressure on the ball, and as good as Allen and Kennard are, they are NOT good at keeping their

Yesterday the situation begged for a zone: Lville was clanking their outside shots in the first half, but had a layup line going until we finally (finally) tried a zone.
Yeah, at times it won't work, but at least we can make a team work against it...Lville just had no solution.

I know the holes can often beat a zone with putbacks, but I trust we'll at least give it a try tonight. It should be pointed out that it was
a rather spirited zone we played yesterday, which was nice to see, lots of movement.

I thought it was rather classy of Coach K to employ a zone defense to honor Jim Boeheim's memory.

OldPhiKap
03-10-2017, 09:24 AM
the redbreast i sipped as we dribbled out the final seconds

I'm a Yellow Spot man m'self. Worth checking out.

(Even a bigger fan of Writer's Tears but can't find it in the States).

Croi follain agus gob fliuch!

jv001
03-10-2017, 09:30 AM

Yeah, at times it won't work, but at least we can make a team work against it...Lville just had no solution.

The Cheats pasted Miami's zone yesterday. They got the ball low to Hicks with ease and when the Hurricanes fouled him, Hicks went 9-9 from the free throw line. I like what TroubleMaker posted. Use it to throw the cheats off their game(my words not TMs). If we can put pressure on the cheat guards and make it hard for them to get the ball low it might work. However they had Meeks at the foul line and he could see over the person guarding him. Amile would probably make it harder for him to make that pass, so let's try it.
Our man to man D might be ok because Berry is not very fast and unless he get's out on the break he's not going to beat Jackson off the dribble. I'm more worried about our offense because uncheat really forced the Hurricanes to start their offense a long way from the basket. We'll have to be sharp with the ball or they will turn us over and be off to the races. That was the best I've seen the cheats play defense in a long time. Looking forward to a real good basketball game tonight. GoDuke!

DukieInKansas
03-10-2017, 09:40 AM
For those that say the West is the easiest path to the FF, does it matter where Duke plays? If * we get to the FF, won't that automatically be the easiest path, no matter which region?

* when (fingers crossed, knocking on wood)

Indoor66
03-10-2017, 10:03 AM
For those that say the West is the easiest path to the FF, does it matter where Duke plays? If * we get to the FF, won't that automatically be the easiest path, no matter which region?

* when (fingers crossed, knocking on wood)

It will at Inside Cheater.

duketaylor
03-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Link to presser? Looked around here and haven't seen it. Thanks in advance.

94duke
03-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Link to presser? Looked around here and haven't seen it. Thanks in advance.

Louisville Post-game Press Conference:
http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&id=6013219

uh_no
03-10-2017, 12:27 PM
I'm a Yellow Spot man m'self. Worth checking out.

(Even a bigger fan of Writer's Tears but can't find it in the States).

Croi follain agus gob fliuch!

not a fan of yellow spot so much. though did get some midletons for the first time.

budwom
03-10-2017, 12:40 PM
The Cheats pasted Miami's zone yesterday. They got the ball low to Hicks with ease and when the Hurricanes fouled him, Hicks went 9-9 from the free throw line. I like what TroubleMaker posted. Use it to throw the cheats off their game(my words not TMs). If we can put pressure on the cheat guards and make it hard for them to get the ball low it might work. However they had Meeks at the foul line and he could see over the person guarding him. Amile would probably make it harder for him to make that pass, so let's try it.
Our man to man D might be ok because Berry is not very fast and unless he get's out on the break he's not going to beat Jackson off the dribble. I'm more worried about our offense because uncheat really forced the Hurricanes to start their offense a long way from the basket. We'll have to be sharp with the ball or they will turn us over and be off to the races. That was the best I've seen the cheats play defense in a long time. Looking forward to a real good basketball game tonight. GoDuke!

Like I said, the heels often do well against zones....but it's worth a change of pace try (especially to stop a layup line)....and some zones are better than others.
Some of our past zones have been pretty ineffective, but yesterday we had a lot of energy...

OldPhiKap
03-10-2017, 01:02 PM
not a fan of yellow spot so much.

Sheesh. And you think you know a fella.

( ;-0 )

uh_no
03-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Sheesh. And you think you know a fella.

( ;-0 )

if you ever get a chance: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midleton_Very_Rare is fantastic. but we had the Redbreast Lustau edition. I think I preferred it to the 21 that generally gets accolades.

Overall I'm far more of a scotch guy, especially Islay. I picked up one of https://www.caskers.com/lagavulin-distillers-edition-single-malt-scotch-whisky/ and it was great. one of the more balanced Islay's. Given, sometimes I go WAY overboard....had a http://wineworldspirits.com/wine-specials/now-available-ardbeg-supernova/ over at the krunkleton over in hell.

jimmymax
03-10-2017, 05:19 PM
My point was you were pining for the days when Duke could defend and rebound defensively, except this year has been our best defensive-rebounding team ever (or at least in the past 30 years). If you're going to be "hyperbolic," seems to me you ought to at least aim your hyperbole toward something that has even a tiny grain of truth. In this case, you didn't.

So to recap: I like that Duke mixed up defensive schemes with a zone against Louisville. I pine for the days when Duke's defense was more formidable than today's. It pains me to see offensive rebounds lead to easy buckets for opponents. The hyperbolic statement was that opponents "get as many offensive rebounds as needed to score." Because I failed to support the above statements with statistics they are not factual. It turns out that going back 30 years Duke has never limited opponents' offensive rebounds very effectively but has recently improved and is now top-100, yippee. There's no doubt Duke can and should be better defensively, and I will continue to be be annoyed by offensive rebounds and put-backs and hope Duke improves in that area too. There's clearly room. Not embarrassed and not a troll.

Jim3k
03-10-2017, 05:54 PM
(although the Pac 12 team that will be the other 1-2 seed will be very good).

I know Duke hasn't had a lot of success out there, but you're talking a small sample size -- a VERY small sample size.

I have not had much success in the Western bracket. Every time I've traveled to Anaheim, someone beat us.

Moreover, Arizona is a lot better than many are acknowledging. And Oregon is tied with them while UCLA ain't half bad. So it's probably better not to get what you are wishing for. (Although if Gonzaga is in that group, they won't get out.)

Olympic Fan
03-10-2017, 06:18 PM
I have not had much success in the Western bracket. Every time I've traveled to Anaheim, someone beat us.

Moreover, Arizona is a lot better than many are acknowledging. And Oregon is tied with them while UCLA ain't half bad. So it's probably better not to get what you are wishing for. (Although if Gonzaga is in that group, they won't get out.)

But ... only one of those three Pac 12 teams will be in the West Region.

Yes, I think Oregon, Arizona and UCLA are all tough.

But so is Villanova. And so is Kansas.

The more I think about it, I want to be in the West IF we are opposite the Pac 12 champ. By that I mean if Gonzaga is the one seed, I want to be the four seed in the West. If the Zags are the two seed (doubtful) then I want to be the three seed. The simple fact is that I have very little respect for Gonzaga (and, yes, I've seen them play 5-6 times). Right or wrong, I believe they are BY FAR the worst of the potential 1-2 seeds.

It's looking more and more like Duke is a 3 seed. If that happens, I THINK Gonzaga will be a 1 and Oregon/UCLA/Arizona will be the 2. If that's the case, I would rather be a No. 3 in another region -- I don't want to face a great team in the Sweet 16 round. The Elite Eight -- well, you have to be awfully lucky to avoid facing a great team there (I would LOVE to see Gonzaga in the E8).

Think of the NCAA dilemma. If Duke beats UNC (or FSU/Notre Dame does tomorrow) is UNC still a No. 1 seed? Who else could move up? The only answer is the Pac 12 champ. But would the Pac 12 champ rather be a No. 1 in the South or the No. 2 in the West? It's possible that the Pac 12 champ has to go across country as a No. 1 seed and the second-best Pack 12 team gets to stay in the West as the No. 2.

Better, I think to make the Pac 12 team the No. 1 seed in the West and make Gonzaga a No. 2 -- but, then, I have little respect for Gonzaga.

PS Just to be clear. I think Gonzaga is a good team, but not a top 10 team. I think if Duke had played that schedule -- getting Arizona without two starters on a neutral court, getting Florida on a neural court (wait, we did -- and beat them worse than Gonzaga did), then getting to play in the WCC, Duke would be undefeated today.