PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson with a Triple

sagegrouse
03-08-2017, 11:50 PM
That appears to be three violations (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18857768/bench-warrant-issued-sacramento-kings-guard-ty-lawson-denver) of his probation for multiple DUI's. The story is a little hard to follow, mostly because of the sheer volume of violations on his record:

A Denver court has issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Sacramento Kings guard Ty Lawson, saying he violated the terms of his probation when he failed three alcohol tests.

Lawson tested positive for alcohol on Sept. 27, Sept. 29 and Feb. 2, leading to the bench warrant. Lawson also failed to complete the community service portion of his sentence, the Denver Post reported, citing Denver County Court records.

moonpie23
03-09-2017, 08:29 AM
but he tripped him....

weezie
03-09-2017, 05:54 PM
Poor Ty. Guess the juggling class at holeklownkollege was full:

http://wgntv.com/2017/03/07/driver-juggles-to-pass-sobriety-test/

BD80
03-09-2017, 06:06 PM
That appears to be three violations (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18857768/bench-warrant-issued-sacramento-kings-guard-ty-lawson-denver) of his probation for multiple DUI's. The story is a little hard to follow, mostly because of the sheer volume of violations on his record:

It takes a real turd to fail to complete the community service required. He gets the summers off, and courts are ever so lenient about what can satisfy the required sentence. A pro player would merely need to show up for a few fundraiser type basketball camps. Probably wouldn't even need to go to Denver, but who wouldn't want to spend time in Denver?

left_hook_lacey
03-10-2017, 12:20 AM
I'm a little disappointed in the theme of this thread. Ty Lawson played for our sworn enemy, but there are things that transcend sport. He obviously has a serious drinking problem. This dates back to his days at UNC and he is still finding himself in a situation where he finds consumption of alcohol more important than his career and multiple law violations. That isn't funny. I don't care where he played.

As the child of a lifelong alcoholic and drug addict, I don't think this is funny or worth ridicule at all. He needs help. And apparently, he's needed it for a while. It's sad and I feel for him and his family.

Shame on us, and this thread as it stands right now. We're better than this.

mattman91
03-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Good luck to Ty. No hard feelings here, hopefully he gets the help he needs.

weezie
03-10-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm a little disappointed in the theme of this thread. Ty Lawson played for our sworn enemy, but there are things that transcend sport. He obviously has a serious drinking problem. This dates back to his days at UNC and he is still finding himself in a situation where he finds consumption of alcohol more important than his career and multiple law violations. That isn't funny. I don't care where he played.

As the child of a lifelong alcoholic and drug addict, I don't think this is funny or worth ridicule at all. He needs help. And apparently, he's needed it for a while. It's sad and I feel for him and his family. Shame on us, and this thread as it stands right now. We're better than this.

I hear you and your point is valid. Lawson also may think his alcohol consumption is more important than his own family, his own life and the lives of those he may stand to hurt or kill. He's not a feckless college kid any more. He's a man in big trouble with the law and he should suffer the consequences.

With family members having suffered at the hands of a drunk driver, I take a different view. And if, God forbid, a Blue Devil was in this kind of trouble, my reaction would be exactly the same.

Peace left_hook.

Jeffrey
03-10-2017, 02:06 PM
With family members having suffered at the hands of a drunk driver, I take a different view. And if, God forbid, a Blue Devil was in this kind of trouble, my reaction would be exactly the same.

With family members never having suffered at the hands of a drunk driver, I share your view. I think many of us did when we recently discussed Chris Duhon's situation and Marshall termination.

Ty Lawson can afford to pay someone to drive him around when he is in this condition!

OldPhiKap
03-10-2017, 03:13 PM

As the child of a lifelong alcoholic and drug addict, I don't think this is funny or worth ridicule at all. He needs help. And apparently, he's needed it for a while. It's sad and I feel for him and his family.

To be fair, I don't think any of the posters prior to your post were gloating or putting Ty down because of his apparent addition.

The OP linked the story
The next post made a comment related to Grayson's vilification for less serious offense
The third post was about a different student DUI incident
The fourth was that Ty should have shown up to do his community service for his last run-in
Your post was fifth.

TO BE CLEAR, I agree with everything you said. I just don't think that the prior posters were ragging on Ty because he has an apparent alcohol problem.

Sorry to hear of your experience, I hope that growth came from such adversity. Alcoholism is a serious and insidious disease, and far from a "victimless" affliction.

lotusland
03-10-2017, 06:06 PM

Can I just say that no joking around in this thread has any effect on anyone else's life. No one is going to drink more or less because of anyone's post in this thread. I think we can and should poke fun at Tar Heels on this board as often as possible. For crying out loud can we not make fun of Sean May's weight because of the obesity problems in society these days? Maybe we shouldn't make fun of Hansbrough's reading skill due to illiteracy epidemic? My only regret is that, off-hand, I could not think of any other heels to trash in this post.