PDA

View Full Version : Would This Be An NCAA Violation ?

CharlestonDave
03-08-2017, 03:48 AM
A friend of mine asked me this question and I did not know the answer.

Both Kobe Bryant and Lebron James have in the past said how much they loved playing for Coach K in the Olympics and how much they admired him as a person and a coach.

Could either of them go with Coach K to a high school senior's home on a recruiting visit or woud it be an NCAA violation ?

gocanes0506
03-08-2017, 06:12 AM
Either could go but couldn't have contact with a recruit. Although it doesn't seem to matter because Drake has broken this a few times for Kentucky. Kentucky has self reported it but nothing has happened as a result.

sandinmyshoes
03-08-2017, 07:03 AM
Well, it is not like Coach K needs the help.

OldPhiKap
03-08-2017, 07:10 AM
Either could go but couldn't have contact with a recruit. Although it doesn't seem to matter because Drake has broken this a few times for Kentucky. Kentucky has self reported it but nothing has happened as a result.

If Drake showed up at my place, I'd report it too.

moonpie23
03-08-2017, 07:33 AM
If drake showed up at my place, i'd cut a hit single with him...

OldPhiKap
03-08-2017, 07:36 AM

I'd teach him how to dance. Dude is Canadian-stiff.

To be fair though, he's the best Canadian rapper since Snow.

weezie
03-08-2017, 07:37 AM
If Drake showed up at my place, I'd report it too.

A great boffo laugh to start the day. :D:D:D

Chard
03-08-2017, 07:38 AM

Hmm...I don't know. "I'm a real wanker for saying this" does sound like a chart topper.

weezie
03-08-2017, 07:44 AM
Hmm...I don't know. "I'm a real wanker for saying this" does sound like a chart topper.

It is over in chapel hole.

wilson
03-08-2017, 07:57 AM

It is over in chapel hole.I think their current hit is "The ceiling is the roof is on fire."

UrinalCake
03-08-2017, 09:13 AM
I think it depends on whether they would be classified as "boosters" for the program. The NCAA's definition is pretty loose but I think it covers any former players and employees and anyone who has given money to the school. By that definition James and Bryant are not technically boosters, but if they were to do something like that I'm pretty sure the NCAA would at least issue a warning.

Of course, Harrison Barnes shook hands with a bunch of former UNC players on his official visit, so who knows.

duke74
03-08-2017, 09:28 AM
I'd teach him how to dance. Dude is Canadian-stiff.

To be fair though, he's the best Canadian rapper since Snow.

And he is a member of the Tribe!

OldPhiKap
03-08-2017, 09:37 AM
And he is a member of the Tribe!

He used to call me on my cell phone. Now, not so much.

Chard
03-08-2017, 10:21 AM
I think their current hit is "The ceiling is the roof is on fire."

Well played. Thanks for the laugh.

gus
03-08-2017, 10:34 AM
A friend of mine asked me this question and I did not know the answer.

Both Kobe Bryant and Lebron James have in the past said how much they loved playing for Coach K in the Olympics and how much they admired him as a person and a coach.

Could either of them go with Coach K to a high school senior's home on a recruiting visit or woud it be an NCAA violation ?

Whether or not having Bryant represent the university is an NCAA violation I don't know but it most certainly would be a moral violation.