PDA

View Full Version : "The ceiling is the roof"

plimnko
03-06-2017, 09:22 AM
WTF!?? i'll admit....i haven't taken any of the paper classes in chapel hill. can someone please explain what that means?

FerryFor50
03-06-2017, 09:29 AM
WTF!?? i'll admit...i haven't taken any of the paper classes in chapel hill. can someone please explain what that means?

We're going to have to ask you to submit a 1 page paper on what you think it means. Written by someone else, of course.

UrinalCake
03-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Aziggazoomba
03-06-2017, 09:39 AM
WTF!?? i'll admit...i haven't taken any of the paper classes in chapel hill. can someone please explain what that means?

I admit he had me scratching my head with that one.

I guess what he was trying to say was "the sky's the limit."

(For the record and FWIW, IIRC, MJ was a geography major.)

One day we (in Tar Heel Nation) are gonna stop giving you guys so much easy material (at least I hope/pray).

devildeac
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM

A-

Well done.

---Deborah C.

OldPhiKap
03-06-2017, 09:41 AM
I admit he had me scratching my head with that one.

I guess what he was trying to say was "the sky's the limit."

(For the record and FWIW, IIRC, MJ was a geography major.)

One day we (in Tar Heel Nation) are gonna stop giving you guys so much easy material (at least I hope/pray).

I remember that when MJ went back and got his degree in geography after leaving early, someone asked him what he was going to do with a degree in geography.

His answer: "travel!"

duke74
03-06-2017, 09:42 AM

Perhaps he is a Paul Simon fan - "One man's ceiling is another man's floor"?

devildeac
03-06-2017, 09:43 AM
I remember that when MJ went back and got his degree in geography after leaving early, someone asked him what he was going to do with a degree in geography.

I note it appears to have had a great impact on Tyler H, too. (And his momma.)

Channing
03-06-2017, 10:05 AM
For the sake of providing the benefit of the doubt...isn't the roof at the Dean Dome painted Carolina blue. Perhaps it was a nod to the recent color-by-number offering at UNC.

Matches
03-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Well, I mean... the ceiling IS the roof.

What? It is. Great insight from that meme guy.

DukieInKansas
03-06-2017, 10:51 AM

So, Hansbrough was a geography major?

eta - DD beat me to it. Great minds.

hallcity
03-06-2017, 11:00 AM

duketaylor
03-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Where can we buy them?

devildeac
03-06-2017, 11:04 AM

Where can we buy them?

White=ok

Duke blue=ok

ugly blue=no thanks

BandAlum83
03-06-2017, 11:09 AM
Where can we buy them?

I'm confused. Why would I want a shirt commemorating UNCs 2017 regular season championship?

I am impressed that the UNC faithful are owning that particular quote proudly. LOL

ETA: The design on the white shirt is pretty gosh darn cool, I will admit. Coming from a family of artists, I can appreciate the design work on that.

plimnko
03-06-2017, 11:36 AM
White=ok

Duke blue=ok

ugly blue=no thanks

Are State fans going start wearing "I'm Amphibious" t-shirts?

OldPhiKap
03-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Da roof.

Da roof.

Da roof is on fire . . . .

moonpie23
03-06-2017, 11:48 AM
what it the frick are you people talking about???

Matches
03-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Are State fans going start wearing "I'm Amphibious" t-shirts?

Julius Hodge tweeted something about it. Might as well, right?

El_Diablo
03-06-2017, 12:49 PM

Mr. Crying Jordan gave a halftime speech to the crowd on Saturday. During the speech, he said something like "with this team, the ceiling is the roof."

killerleft
03-06-2017, 01:00 PM

That's what I want to know. Was this said during Michael Jordan's commercial onsite at the game Saturday? The one where he shilled for Nike, and the Cheater Faithful adored his brand? I expect CBS got paid for it, at least.

I didn't catch it all, but sure hope none of our players stoops so low. I heard it's the first time MeMichael has bothered to show up at the CheaterDome in six years. He's a real Tar Heel if there's a boatload of money in it for him.

Edouble
03-06-2017, 01:07 PM
That's what I want to know. Was this said during Michael Jordan's commercial onsite at the game Saturday? The one where he shilled for Nike, and the Cheater Faithful adored his brand? I expect CBS got paid for it, at least.

I didn't catch it all, but sure hope none of our players stoops so low. I heard it's the first time MeMichael has bothered to show up at the CheaterDome in six years. He's a real Tar Heel if there's a boatload of money in it for him.

Yes, he was not talking about the basketball team though, he was talking about the football program. He was at the game to formally welcome the unc football team to the Jordan Brand. He said that with the football program "the ceiling is the roof".

fan345678
03-06-2017, 01:49 PM
If the ceiling is the roof, then they have nothing in the attic.

gam7
03-06-2017, 01:56 PM
The ceiling is the roof.

I am the walrus.

I love lamp.

BandAlum83
03-06-2017, 02:01 PM
The ceiling is the roof.

I am the walrus.

I love lamp.

Jeff Lamp? Are you yet another Wahoo frequenting our boards?

CrazyNotCrazie
03-06-2017, 02:09 PM
Fortunately for the Duke football program, the ceiling was not Ted Roof

devildeac
03-06-2017, 02:09 PM
The ceiling is the roof.

I am the walrus.

I love lamp.

Tomorrow Is Today.

OldPhiKap
03-06-2017, 02:13 PM
All your base are belong to us!

(Is it possible to have an old-school internet meme?)

Billy Dat
03-06-2017, 02:18 PM
At one time, for Duke football, the Ceiling was the Roof.

Olympic Fan
03-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Nice thread at PackPride about this ... the speculation over there is that MJ was drunk out of his mind.

Can't confirm, but almost every time I've seen or met him away from his playing days, he's taken a snort or two or six.

I wonder how many points he gave on Saturday night's game ...

moonpie23
03-06-2017, 02:31 PM
sorry.....did not listen to that, as i don't listen to the tv broadcast.....

i'm actually kind of sorry i missed that....

devildeac
03-06-2017, 02:31 PM

I'm getting the shingles the longer this tread continues...

Man and dog enter a bar and bartender tells them no dogs allowed.
Man claims this is a special talking dog.
Barkeep says he'll decide about service after asking the dog some questions.
Q1: Who was the greatest baseball player ever?
Dog: Roof
Q2: What covers this building?
Q3: How does sandpaper feel?

Bartender throws them both out into street.
Dog looks up at owner and asks, "Should I have said DiMaggio?"

(<ducks, leaves premises>)

devildeac
03-06-2017, 02:32 PM
sorry....did not listen to that, as i don't listen to the tv broadcast....

i'm actually kind of sorry i missed that...

See what you miss living in the future all the time with AM 620 or FM 99.3?

:rolleyes:;)

BandAlum83
03-06-2017, 02:34 PM

At one time, for Duke football, the ceiling was the floor. :(

szstark
03-06-2017, 02:36 PM
Nice thread at PackPride about this ... the speculation over there is that MJ was drunk out of his mind.

Can't confirm, but almost every time I've seen or met him away from his playing days, he's taken a snort or two or six.

That would explain a lot.

duke74
03-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Tomorrow Is Today.

It was...yesterday. ;)

75Crazie
03-06-2017, 03:01 PM
If the ceiling is the roof, then they have nothing in the attic.
You forgot the mic drop ... if that's not a walk-off line, I don't know what is.

plimnko
03-06-2017, 03:12 PM
could it be jordan's words simply got lost in translation? maybe "the ceiling is the roof" is an old swahili proverb he learned from his many hours in swahili class.

OldPhiKap
03-06-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm getting the shingles the longer this tread continues...

Man and dog enter a bar and bartender tells them no dogs allowed.
Man claims this is a special talking dog.
Barkeep says he'll decide about service after asking the dog some questions.
Q1: Who was the greatest baseball player ever?
Q2: What covers this building?
Q3: How does sandpaper feel?

Bartender throws them both out into street.
Dog looks up at owner and asks, "Should I have said DiMaggio?"

(<ducks, leaves premises>)

Ivan Pavlov walks into a bar. The telephone rings. Pavlov slaps his forehead and says "damn, I forgot to feed the dog!"

I love that one.

royalblue
03-06-2017, 03:41 PM
As much extracurricular tongue use as MJ has shown over the years you would not think getting tongue tied would be a problem for "the tongue"
The cheats have to pull out all the stops when they have lost 12 of 16 to the Devils and Duke has 2 national titles in the After Handstravel era

If the roof to the Dome does catch on fire
I suggest following the direction in the song

Rich
03-06-2017, 03:48 PM
As much extracurricular tongue use as MJ has shown over the years you would not think getting tongue tied would be a problem for "the tongue"
The cheats have to pull out all the stops when they have lost 12 of 16 to the Devils and Duke has 2 national titles in the After Handstravel era

If the roof to the Dome does catch on fire I suggest following the direction in the song

Originally named the Dean E. Smith Student Activity Center in 1986, I'll never understand how the moniker "Dean's SAC" failed to catch on.

royalblue
03-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Jordan stuck his tongue out in "Dean's SAC"
This past Saturday
That has a great ring to it :)

OldPhiKap
03-06-2017, 04:06 PM
Originally named the Dean E. Smith Student Activity Center in 1986, I'll never understand how the moniker "Dean's SAC" failed to catch on.

Ewwww . . . .

rsvman
03-06-2017, 04:21 PM

You have no chance to survive. Make your time. (LOL. And yes, it IS possible to have an old-school internet meme, and that is definitely one of them.)

As for "the ceiling is the roof," it really isn't. The ceiling is the underside and the roof is the topside. That's like saying that heads is tails. It's not, right? :p

killerleft
03-06-2017, 04:32 PM
You have no chance to survive. Make your time. (LOL. And yes, it IS possible to have an old-school internet meme, and that is definitely one of them.)

As for "the ceiling is the roof," it really isn't. The ceiling is the underside and the roof is the topside. That's like saying that heads is tails. It's not, right? :p

Well, "parts is parts".

alteran
03-06-2017, 04:58 PM

Somebody blew us up the bomb.

alteran
03-06-2017, 05:02 PM
The shoe is the foot.

The sandwich is the mayonnaise.

The curveball is the fastball.

BandAlum83
03-06-2017, 05:03 PM
The shoe is the foot.

The sandwich is the mayonnaise.

The curveball is the fastball.

Red Means Go????

rsvman
03-06-2017, 05:04 PM
Somebody blew us up the bomb.

No, man, it's "Somebody blew up us the bomb." C'mon, get it straight.:cool:

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-06-2017, 05:06 PM
No, man, it's "Somebody blew up us the bomb." C'mon, get it straight.:cool:

Uh, pretty sure it's "someone set us up the bomb"

rsvman
03-06-2017, 05:07 PM
Well, "parts is parts".

"Pieces parts."

"They're FUSED."

devilsince1977
03-06-2017, 06:01 PM
As Al Wood responded after a lose to Duke. "Sometimes it just BEES that way".

MartyClark
03-06-2017, 06:12 PM
Jordan is not a smart guy. The Sam Smith book revealed how the Chicago sportswriters consistently covered for Jordan and his often dumb statements.

Jordan is not a nice guy. IC shut down a thread on the blonde sitting with him when he just had twins with his current wife.

I think he is the greatest player of all time. I have little respect for him as a person.

Jeffrey
03-06-2017, 06:18 PM
"The ceiling is the roof".....

The quote had purpose. Jordan is a businessman and he was testing if the crowd would cheer for total B.S. before selling them more. The good news is they always cheer for B.S.

Crisker
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Well, I mean... the ceiling IS the roof.

What? It is. Great insight from that meme guy.

The ceiling is in fact the roof, so I think that MJ was giving the gathered Heels a remedial lesson in logic/maths. He was simply stating the Law of Identity, which is reduced to notation as follows: A = A (math), or A is A (logic).

MartyClark
03-06-2017, 07:27 PM
The ceiling is in fact the roof, so I think that MJ was giving the gathered Heels a remedial lesson in logic/maths. He was simply stating the Law of Identity, which is reduced to notation as follows: A = A (math), or A is A (logic).

I don't understand anything you have said but still agree with you.

Doria
03-06-2017, 07:31 PM
I don't understand anything you have said but still agree with you.

That's basically what the UNC students thought, too.

rsvman
03-06-2017, 07:34 PM

Or not, since the ceiling is definitely not the roof. Math and logic are fine, but maybe we need to get some of you out to a construction site for some basic education about ceilings and roofs.

westwall
03-06-2017, 07:41 PM
Jordan is not a smart guy. The Sam Smith book revealed how the Chicago sportswriters consistently covered for Jordan and his often dumb statements.

Jordan is not a nice guy. IC shut down a thread on the blonde sitting with him when he just had twins with his current wife.

I think he is the greatest player of all time. I have little respect for him as a person.

I was listening this PM to the "College Sports" guys on Sirius, and they were ridiculing MJ's "roof" statement, and comparing it to (what they said was) his HOF speech, which they characterized as "an embarrassment". Seems like a consistent pattern.

duketaylor
03-06-2017, 08:46 PM
"I wonder how many points he gave on Saturday night's game ..."

Or how many snorts he took before Saturday night's game.:cool:

rsvman
03-06-2017, 08:54 PM
Uh, pretty sure it's "someone set us up the bomb"

Nope. It's "somebody set up us the bomb."

"Up" was always in front of "us." That was one of the idiosyncrasies that made it so funny.

Wheat/"/"/"
03-06-2017, 08:56 PM
He obviously got a little tongue tied and misspoke in a public moment.

It's fine to have some fun with it, but remember, he'll still going to wake up tomorrow a billionaire and the GOAT. :)

MChambers
03-06-2017, 08:59 PM

It's fine to have some fun with it, but remember, he'll still going to wake up tomorrow a billionaire and the GOAT. :)

Since when do $ signify worth? I really don't care about his money. Maybe he's the GOAT of players, but as a front office exec and owner, he's a loser. Won't even get into his off-court life.

weezie
03-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Paging Mr. LeBron James...

Merlindevildog91
03-06-2017, 09:38 PM
The GOAT? You mean Wilt came back from the dead and I missed it?

I found the statement very instructive. I got to see which media types defended it and unfollowed them.

I have zero respect for him. None. Nada. If he were on fire in front of me I would have to decide if I would take a selfie with the flame, or shoot a video.

Wheat/"/"/"
03-06-2017, 09:40 PM
Since when do $ signify worth? I really don't care about his money. Maybe he's the GOAT of players, but as a front office exec and owner, he's a loser. Won't even get into his off-court life.

My post was a little tongue in cheek, note the smiley...I think you took it too seriously.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
03-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Nope. It's "somebody set up us the bomb."

"Up" was always in front of "us." That was one of the idiosyncrasies that made it so funny.

You have no chance to survive. Make your time.

royalblue
03-06-2017, 10:20 PM
Bill Russell and his 11 rings are calling about the G.O.A.T. Status
Today we seem to be giving awards to the best
Player on the best team and he was that for 11 of 13 years He also won 2 NCAA Crowns so 13 of 15 if you count that also compared to "the Tongue's" 1 title and 1 FF in college on loaded teams.
I think one of Russell's was as a player/coach also

You might look for another ceiling to reside under
When calling for the G.O.A.T. Around here

devildeac
03-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Kareem says hi, too.

mkirsh
03-06-2017, 11:44 PM
The ceiling is the roof, the earth is flat, [bunch of stuff that would get PPB infractions] - 2017, WTF is going on? Has the whole world entered the Tyson zone? Are we all headed straight for Bolivian?

ncexnyc
03-06-2017, 11:56 PM

Now, now. In the fine tradition of Jude Law and Ben Affleck, Michael was interviewing the new nanny and was just showing her one of the fringe benefits of working for him.;)

devildeac
03-07-2017, 07:44 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article136761973.html

“I said I don’t care what he says,” Williams said. “I said, ‘He’s Michael Jordan, anything he dadgum wants to say is OK with me.’ And if anybody wants to criticize him, it’s probably those guys that aren’t Tar Heels. …"

Words fail me in t*rh**l observation moments like these.

SMH.

weezie
03-07-2017, 07:49 AM
...“I said I don’t care what he says,” Williams said. “I said, ‘He’s Michael Jordan, anything he dadgum wants to say is OK with me.’ And if anybody wants to criticize him, it’s probably those guys that aren’t Tar Heels. …"

Those "guys" might be Pistons fans, too. They ain't putting up monuments to Mike Jordan in The D.

fuse
03-07-2017, 07:57 AM
"Pieces parts."

"They're FUSED."

Respectfully, I refuse to be "verbified" and implicated in this thread :rolleyes:

devildeac
03-07-2017, 08:02 AM
Those "guys" might be Pistons fans, too. They ain't putting up monuments to Mike Jordan in The D.

They "might" be any folks outside Idiot Central.

devildeac
03-07-2017, 08:04 AM
Respectfully, I refuse to be "verbified" and implicated in this thread :rolleyes:

How about if we use the term for what it feels like after a couple 5 beer samplers at Fullsteam Brewery? ;)

brevity
03-07-2017, 08:44 AM
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/unc-now/article136761973.html

“I said I don’t care what he says,” Williams said.

You know, I don't care what Michael Jordan has to say either. So this is the second time ever that I've agreed with Roy Williams. You remember the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pymcjOpiII8

NSFW, and all that.

plimnko
03-07-2017, 10:03 AM
when someone's defense to EIGHTEEN YEARS of academic fraud and cheating is "everybody does it", do you really care what they say?

Doria
03-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Hahaha... I'm watching (well, it's on in the background) the ACCT. And when they were doing their studio introductory segment, they signed off by saying, "Remember, the ceiling is the roof!" Needless to say, I really laughed. Nice way to start the day!

crimsondevil
03-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Extra points since the ceiling is above the roof on the right.

Good graphic design, bad structural engineering.

duke4ever19
03-07-2017, 01:32 PM

At shooting guard? Sure. I'll agree.

I prefer to confine my GOAT arguments to positions and even then, comparisons get tricky. Without a doubt, it's ridiculous to compare a guy like Jordan to, say, Wilt Chamberlain.

Different eras, different rules, different positions, different competition, different teammates (it's a team game after all), different physical attributes, more advanced medical capabilities, better understanding of diet etc.

gep
03-08-2017, 01:13 AM
I didn't look for this... but I heard on the radio that a Duke civil engineering prof chimed in on this "ceiling is the roof" quote.

The ceiling is the surface in the room at the top. The roof is the covering on the building.

In a dome, if you're inside, the ceiling is the surface above you. On the other hand, if you're outside, the roof is covering the building. But since the ceiling if you're inside and the roof if you're outside are the *same* object... then... the ceiling IS the roof.

weezie
03-08-2017, 07:43 AM
The Ickhole carolcheaterians board passed out into a stupor of dumb several days ago when this thread began. There's more education here than in their entire eye bleed universe.

devildeac
03-09-2017, 01:09 PM
More evidence you simply can't fix stupid:

(warning-might hurt eyes)

http://d2s3dt9f4iyeup.cloudfront.net/images/standard_v1/db29fcac-af26-4b58-b1e0-0126a314307c.jpg

plimnko
03-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Ceiling
roof
goat
idiot

Reddevil
03-09-2017, 03:41 PM
I didn't look for this... but I heard on the radio that a Duke civil engineering prof chimed in on this "ceiling is the roof" quote.

The ceiling is the surface in the room at the top. The roof is the covering on the building.

In a dome, if you're inside, the ceiling is the surface above you. On the other hand, if you're outside, the roof is covering the building. But since the ceiling if you're inside and the roof if you're outside are the *same* object... then... the ceiling IS the roof.

"The door is ajar. No, the door is a door!" Eddie Murphy

Reminds me of this. Stupid, but funny.

quahog174
03-09-2017, 05:01 PM
Ceiling.
Roof.
Gloat.

eddiehaskell
03-09-2017, 09:31 PM
I was soooo happy to have MJ tell us the football team signed on with brand Jordan. It was a warm and fuzzy feeling.

OZ
03-09-2017, 10:40 PM
With today's official trademarking of the phrase "The ceiling is the roof," the NCAA has ruled that no unc graduate, fan or anyone associated with the program can ever again use the word "amphibious."

BD80
03-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Before we get too high and mighty:

"It's like night and day from that stretch when we were 1-3," Tatum said after the 93-83 win over North Carolina. "Now we're rolling, peaking at the right time. We have an opportunity to play for an ACC title. We've done a complete 360."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18879890/duke-blue-devils-hitting-their-stride-right-acc-tournament

Reminds me of the joke about the Aggie pilot flying toward a horrendous storm front: "We're going to pull a 360 and get outta here!"

BandAlum83
03-11-2017, 05:40 PM

"It's like night and day from that stretch when we were 1-3," Tatum said after the 93-83 win over North Carolina. "Now we're rolling, peaking at the right time. We have an opportunity to play for an ACC title. We've done a complete 360."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18879890/duke-blue-devils-hitting-their-stride-right-acc-tournament

Reminds me of the joke about the Aggie pilot flying toward a horrendous storm front: "We're going to pull a 360 and get outta here!"

Yeah but, doing a 360 is part of common vernacular. Like "I could care less". It is exactly opposite the intended meaning, and commonly used.

I'll give Tatum a pass, but hopefully someone can explain it to him. Like the way some of you might remember my primer on the meaning of "learning curve"

But the ceiling is the roof? No passes given, sorry.

Thanks for playing.

dukelifer
03-11-2017, 05:42 PM

He may be talking about the dunks he will be doing tonight.

Ballboy1998
03-11-2017, 05:44 PM

ice-9
03-11-2017, 08:26 PM

It could make sense given the context.

Duke was pre-season #1. Then it struggled. Now it's back to being a title contender. 360 degrees and I'm defending our boys no matter what. :D

stickdog
03-11-2017, 08:47 PM
Crying Jordan was just trying to get in touch with his ceilings.

throatybeard
03-12-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm seriously never going to tire of this meme. Even Duke people will be sick of me.

throatybeard
03-12-2017, 09:26 AM

Right. But is the Dean Smith Center really a dome, or just a chunky, rectangular concrete relic of the nadir of twentieth century design?

chriso
03-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Mr. Crying Jordan gave a halftime speech to the crowd on Saturday. During the speech, he said something like "with this team, the ceiling is the roof."
I'm as big a Duke fan as there is but he's Jordan. Guy can say what he wants. He's got my respect. :D

Indoor66
03-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Right. But is the Dean Smith Center really a dome, or just a chunky, rectangular concrete relic of the nadir of twentieth century design?

Actually, throaty, it is a monument to a false god.

throatybeard
03-12-2017, 09:38 AM

But he singlehandedly invented keepaway and pointing.

Indoor66
03-12-2017, 09:39 AM

...And solely integrated the State of North Carolina....:rolleyes::cool:

weezie
03-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Roof, ceiling, shovel, hole, bury, tamp, tamp, spread grass seed, water. See ya.

OldPhiKap
03-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Roof, ceiling, shovel, hole, bury, tamp, tamp, spread grass seed, water. See ya.

Would be good fertilizer, for sure.

BD80
03-12-2017, 12:19 PM

and the airball ...

BD80
03-12-2017, 12:21 PM

No, no, no, no, NO!

Plow, salt, cross-plow, salt. NEVER see ya.

slower
03-12-2017, 01:17 PM
"The ceiling is the roof" is the answer to the take-home, open-book final exam for the online independent-study Masters of Architecture degree at UNC-Hole.

Hairless Jordan was just trying to help some of the learning-disabled athlete-"students" pass this semester.

OldPhiKap
03-12-2017, 03:08 PM
"The ceiling is the roof" is the answer to the take-home, open-book final exam for the online independent-study Masters of Architecture degree at UNC-Hole.

Hairless Jordan was just trying to help some of the learning-disabled athlete-"students" pass this semester.

Ceiling:Roof as:

A. UNC:Cheating
B. Roy:Overrated
C. Duke:Champions
D. All of the above.

royalblue
03-12-2017, 05:37 PM
The ceiling is the roof
Below are things that make more sense

The neighbors are the ACC champs
Dean's SAC is very unappealing
2009 is a long time ago
The ugly jacket coach "Did Know"
The real POY is 8 miles from uncch
They are 0-3 on the road vs top of ACC
They are 0-6 vs Duke in ACC T last 19 years
5 is greater than 2
12 is greater than 11
14 is greater than 13
90 is greater than 65

1070 is greater than 879
317 NBA technicals is the record
Laettner and Jenkins best tourney shots ever
Russell greater than "the tongue"
Dean greatest whiner of all time
Let's go Duke, yeah
Light blue makes me sick

construe
06-11-2021, 06:26 PM
Reviving this old thread to note an odd occurrence. The new Sharon van Etten / Angel Olsen song "Like I Used To" includes the following lyric:

"Saw a life as override
One more session overdrive
The ceiling is the roof"

Is one of these fine ladies a UNC fan by happenchance? Or is this some Millennial / Gen Z phrase that somehow MJ is tuned into but is lost on an old fogey like me?

willywoody
06-11-2021, 06:47 PM
Reviving this old thread to note an odd occurrence. The new Sharon van Etten / Angel Olsen song "Like I Used To" includes the following lyric:

"Saw a life as override
One more session overdrive
The ceiling is the roof"

Is one of these fine ladies a UNC fan by happenchance? Or is this some Millennial / Gen Z phrase that somehow MJ is tuned into but is lost on an old fogey like me?

Caught that the other day, too. Had a good chuckle.

Thought it was Sharon, but wiki says Angel lives in Asheville.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
06-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Caught that the other day, too. Had a good chuckle.

Thought it was Sharon, but wiki says Angel lives in Asheville.

Ah, look homeward, Angel.