PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE Duke Football

Kewlswim
10-15-2007, 02:05 AM
Hi,

I love what it stands for. I love the fact there are student-athletes who chose Duke over other schools to play football at. I might have my disagreements with how the program is being run, but I never lose sight that there are kids who lace up their shoes and play the sport and kids make mistakes. These student-athletes in particular need our love and understanding. They don't need, for example, to be told that they should have their scholarships yanked for playing poorly. That goes for any sport a kid plays in college. The adults should be taken to task for preparing them poorly, but not the other way around. I believe college sports are supposed to be fun. I don't think the kids playing football at Duke are having much fun. I look forward to the day they start having more fun on the gridiron and they look up and say, "I am SO GLAD I CHOSE Duke to play football at." Wow, that will be a happy day.

GO DUKE STUDENT-ATHLETES
GO DUKE FOOTBALL

dukemomLA
10-15-2007, 03:27 AM
We are all proud of the football (and other) student-athletes who chose Duke! Obviously they value a great education, appreciate the future with a Duke degree under their belts and an extraordinary campus life.

We have debated the pros and cons of Duke Football on this site ad nauseum.

Personally, I'd LOVE to hear from Duke football PLAYERS -- current and those who have graduated within the past several years. (Anonymously, of course)

What do YOU think is needed to infuse the program with a renewed tradition of winning? What do YOU think we, as fans and lovers of all Duke, can do to assist? Obviously the readers/posters on this site can have a lot of positive influence, so let us know your thoughts.

If you register for this site -- even using a new/different registry if appropriate, and title your post as "PLAYER" we'll listen, evaluate and ACT.

Thanks to all Duke Football players for your commitment and hard work. Know that you are appreciated.

4decadedukie
10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
I strongly agree with the two foregoing posts!

rtnorthrup
10-15-2007, 07:32 PM
If Duke Basketball went winless in the conference for two straight years but graduated 95% of its players would you feel the same way?

OZZIE4DUKE
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
If Duke Basketball went winless in the conference for two straight years but graduated 95% of its players would you feel the same way?

Um, yes. I was an undergrad from September 1972 through May 1976, four horrible years win wise, but four great years to be a Duke student and Cameron pre-crazie.

weezie
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Bicentennials, represent!