PDA

View Full Version : Kevin White Best AD in the nation.

heyman25
02-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Duke and President Broadhead made a great move bringing him to Duke. Read this story in the Duke Chronicle to get an understanding of the renaissance in Duke Athletics. I am a small time Iron Duke member,but Kevin White makes me proud to play my part in Duke Athletics.
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2017/02/kevin-white-dukes-athletic-architect-and-master-of-the-text

OldPhiKap
02-21-2017, 07:19 AM
Duke and President Broadhead made a great move bringing him to Duke. Read this story in the Duke Chronicle to get an understanding of the renaissance in Duke Athletics. I am a small time Iron Duke member,but Kevin White makes me proud to play my part in Duke Athletics.
http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2017/02/kevin-white-dukes-athletic-architect-and-master-of-the-text

Gotta agree.

FadedTackyShirt
02-21-2017, 08:15 AM
Great article, thanks for sharing. Was pretty bummed when I went to my first Duke football game because WW seemed more like an Ivy stadium than a P5 stadium. Was pleasantly surprised to tour the football facilities recently and they've greatly improved. WW improvements look terrific.

One of my friends is a UNC grad/season ticket holder and he laments that UNC moved from Carmichael to the Dean Dome every time he goes to a game in Cameron. I've had floor seats in the Dean Dome and it's soulless. Even if I had no rooting interest in the game, I'd still rather see a game from the last row in CIS than anywhere in the Dome. Glad to see recent improvements to CIS.

Was wary of Brodhead initially and strongly disliked him during the lax scandal, but he's improved since then, especially wrt athletics. Recent Duke Magazine retrospective on Brodhead was very balanced.

duke79
02-21-2017, 09:14 AM

Thanks for posting the link to the Chronicle article. Very interesting reading! Yea, no doubt Kevin White is one of the best AD's in the country, if not the best. It was a very, very smart hire to bring him to Duke.

FadedTackyShirt
02-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know current status of Duke swimming funding? Was announced in 2013 that the women's team was moving to full funding (going from 2 to 14 scholarships). Unclear on men's status (fully funded is 9.9 scholarships).

uh_no
02-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know current status of Duke swimming funding? Was announced in 2013 that the women's team was moving to full funding (going from 2 to 14 scholarships). Unclear on men's status (fully funded is 9.9 scholarships).

it would be great if we could fully fund a fully long swimming pool in the process :D