PDA

View Full Version : UNC vs. UVA game

duketaylor
02-18-2017, 09:02 PM
watching this game, Bilas just said a great Pick-and-Roll for uncheats when it was simply a pass and dude broke to the basket, nowhere near was a pick. Sorry, Jay's silly, at times, as an analyst, and very anti-Duke when in CIS or doing an away game for the Devils. He praises uncheats to a brutal end. UVA's played terrible D so far; game is cheats 32-18 with a minute and a half to play in 1st. UVA looks at-a-loss for what to do. Pathetic.

Jay has a dark side to him. Or maybe, too much of a very light side to him.:D

Please, if appropriate, meld this into the "The ACC This Week" thread. Just disgusted with UVA's performance so far and Bilas' comments. Thx.

unclsam1
02-18-2017, 09:35 PM
UVA perfect from 3 pt. 0 for 12

Ultrarunner
02-18-2017, 09:36 PM
VA is 0-fer from three, can't hit a simple jumper, and the pack line resembles sausage - ground to little bits. Minus the tastiness.

Blech. This what I get from getting my hopes up.

unclsam1
02-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Now 0-14

jipops
02-18-2017, 09:46 PM
Or the cheats are actually this good.

Ultrarunner
02-18-2017, 09:50 PM

That should earn you a demerit. I think. We beat the cheats, so we're better. Then we beat Virginia by more and on the road. But Virginia is on the road which has been remarkably unkind to visitors this season.

I'm confused.

I'll hang onto one certainty. The holes should lose, always.

CDu
02-18-2017, 09:50 PM

No. When a team that normally shoots 40% from 3 is 0-15, that is an anomaly. The Heels should be winning, but it should be a 5-10 point game.

duketaylor
02-18-2017, 09:52 PM

No, the Hoos are playing that poorly. Now 0-15 from three, thankfully "Godzilla vs. Mothra" comes on in 10 minutes-something worth watching:cool:

Tony Bennett looks completely lost as to what is failing his team. K would've put in a whole new line-up by now. UVA finally broke the 30-point mark and is only down 25.

hallcity
02-18-2017, 09:57 PM
1-18 three pointers! I don't know that I've ever seen three point shooting that bad.

VA_BDevil
02-18-2017, 10:02 PM
ugliest game from UVA in years. Hope they turn things around soon.

duke4ever19
02-18-2017, 10:11 PM
UVA didn't shoot well, but still, they just don't have the personnel this year to compliment their strong defense.

Once they got down by 10-points early in the first half, it felt completely over.

throatybeard
02-19-2017, 01:22 AM
ugliest game from UVA in years.

Wow. I mean, it was a rich tapestry before tonight, even when they're good.

BandAlum83
02-19-2017, 03:05 AM
Wahoos must be saying "it's over" right about now.

jhmoss1812
02-19-2017, 10:22 AM
Yikes. That was tough to watch last night fellas. Sorry we couldn't come through and beat UNC. We definitely got exposed this week. Not altogether surprising but definitely disappointing. We really need to capitalize on these last four games, 3 of which are at home. If we make the second weekend in the tournament this year, I will consider it a successful season.

weezie
02-19-2017, 10:26 AM
That should earn you a demerit. I think. We beat the cheats, so we're better. Then we beat Virginia by more and on the road. But Virginia is on the road which has been remarkably unkind to visitors this season.

I'm confused.

I'll hang onto one certainty. The holes should lose, always.

That's the Walton theory, reinterpreted. But, your final statement is accepted.

sagegrouse
02-19-2017, 01:51 PM
Yikes. That was tough to watch last night fellas. Sorry we couldn't come through and beat UNC. We definitely got exposed this week. Not altogether surprising but definitely disappointing. We really need to capitalize on these last four games, 3 of which are at home. If we make the second weekend in the tournament this year, I will consider it a successful season.

No prob, just win the re-match on February 27. You're at home, and and I think the shots are gonna fall.

Ol' Roy will be tearing his hair out figuring how to motivate his team after yesterday's easy win at Chapel Hill. In fact, he started in the post-game presser when he criticized his defense, even though the Hoos only scored 41 points.

UNCfan
02-19-2017, 01:59 PM
No prob, just win the re-match on February 27. You're at home, and and I think the shots are gonna fall.

Ol' Roy will be tearing his hair out figuring how to motivate his team after yesterday's easy win at Chapel Hill. In fact, he started in the post-game presser when he criticized his defense, even though the Hoos only scored 41 points.

Roy said that UNC's defense was not totally responsible for UVA's poor shooting. That is true. They missed plenty of open shots. If stating what happened, exactly, is motivation, we need more truth.

lotusland
02-19-2017, 08:49 PM
Roy said that UNC's defense was not totally responsible for UVA's poor shooting. That is true. They missed plenty of open shots. If stating what happened, exactly, is motivation, we need more truth.

UNC stating what happened exactly may signal the apocalypse.

wsb3
02-19-2017, 09:01 PM
1-18 three pointers! I don't know that I've ever seen three point shooting that bad.

One that came to mind was in 2010 when West Virginia upset Kentucky in the regional final.. Kentucky missed their first 20 threes..But they finished 4-32 which even with my limited math skills I do realize is better than 1 for 18..