PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse Game

Brian913
02-17-2017, 03:14 PM
I've been to the Carrier Dome for football, but not basketball. Does anyone have any idea about where decent seats are located - I am looking to buy tickets, but can't figure out how good the seats are.

Turk
02-17-2017, 04:19 PM
I was up there for work and saw St Johns absolutely crush the Orange (hee - I crack myself up) with a double high post offense against the 2-3. The Johnnies ran a clinic, and Syracuse was stone cold.

As for finding good seats, get used to disappointment. It is a football stadium, after all. As you can probably guess, the court is shoved into one end, so the best seats are the (padded) bleachers that are erected on the open side of the court. Across the court is fine too; how high up into Peanut Heaven one is willing to go is a matter of personal preference. If you can get tickets between the baselines, that should be fine. I would avoid the seats behind either basket, but if that's the only option, I counter-intuitively prefer to go higher for a view that's less obstructed by the basket.

The "official" public parking is offsite by Manley Field House and they run shuttle buses to the Dome. That wasn't terrible, but next time, I would probably look to find a parking garage or lot towards downtown and walk over from there. YMMV.

Brian913
02-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I was up there for work and saw St Johns absolutely crush the Orange (hee - I crack myself up) with a double high post offense against the 2-3. The Johnnies ran a clinic, and Syracuse was stone cold.

As for finding good seats, get used to disappointment. It is a football stadium, after all. As you can probably guess, the court is shoved into one end, so the best seats are the (padded) bleachers that are erected on the open side of the court. Across the court is fine too; how high up into Peanut Heaven one is willing to go is a matter of personal preference. If you can get tickets between the baselines, that should be fine. I would avoid the seats behind either basket, but if that's the only option, I counter-intuitively prefer to go higher for a view that's less obstructed by the basket.

The "official" public parking is offsite by Manley Field House and they run shuttle buses to the Dome. That wasn't terrible, but next time, I would probably look to find a parking garage or lot towards downtown and walk over from there. YMMV.

Is the court elevated? I'm worried that there might be a too far down on the temporary bleachers.

Turk
02-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Is the court elevated? I'm worried that there might be a too far down on the temporary bleachers.

No, court is not elevated. They do have a few rows of folding chairs around the court. The ones behind the baskets go about 8 or 10 rows deep or so.