PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Options for Wake Forest Game (including free stream)

awhom111
02-15-2017, 11:42 PM
Stream (unrestrictied, official, free):
http://www.theacc.com/game-center/57f3cffae4b0dcabe018ef07/

TV Stations:
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-basketball-on-the-acc-network-wake-forest-at-duke-02-18-2017

Map:
http://a.espncdn.com/espn3/images/2010/blackout/2989944.jpg

Options based on location:

Black:
-On TV on station from list linked above
-Online via stream linked above

Green:
-On TV via ESPN College Extra (DirecTV 790 or Verizon FIOS 823)
-Online via ACC Network Extra section of WatchESPN

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-16-2017, 12:34 AM
You do this every damn game and don't seem to get enough thanks.

Truly a singular resource I rely on.

Thank you.

Indoor66
02-16-2017, 08:17 AM
I can't figure out where he gets his info - especially about international games. Either there is a secret source, an algorithm that others don't know, or he has way too much time on his hands!

In any case, thanks for the effort and information. 😎

-jk
02-16-2017, 08:39 AM
I can't figure out where he gets his info - especially about international games. Either there is a secret source, an algorithm that others don't know, or he has way too much time on his hands!

In any case, thanks for the effort and information. ��

As I've maintained for years, he's a 'bot! :)

A very good, personable one, too!

(Thanks, again...)

-jk

duketaylor
02-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Thanks, not sure why it's being shown in Richmond. Every year we miss one or two ACC games here, pitiful (Comcast, I mean).

BandAlum83
02-16-2017, 11:17 AM
How disappointing that the game won't be on TV in the Atlanta area.

So I will stream it on my computer and HDMI it to my big screen. That's something I raEly need to do.

It looks like I have a couple of streaming options, so my question to the community is this: is one streaming source more reliable than any other? I'd prefer to watch the ACC feed because of announcers, but I've read occasional comments out here that feeds can be problematic.

As someone who lives where just about every game is available on TV, I'd love feedback from those vast stretched of green on the map.

Thanks!

ArnieMc
02-16-2017, 11:32 AM
I didn't know this was available. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

BigWayne
02-16-2017, 12:29 PM
I didn't know this was available. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Last couple weeks I have picked up the game from the college extra on DTV. As of this year, when we are on the regional sports channels, it will be blacked out on those, but show up in the 790 range on the ESPN extra channels.

JetpackJesus
02-16-2017, 04:53 PM

So I will stream it on my computer and HDMI it to my big screen. That's something I raEly need to do.

It looks like I have a couple of streaming options, so my question to the community is this: is one streaming source more reliable than any other? I'd prefer to watch the ACC feed because of announcers, but I've read occasional comments out here that feeds can be problematic.

As someone who lives where just about every game is available on TV, I'd love feedback from those vast stretched of green on the map.

Thanks!

I usually watch via WatchESPN and rarely have problems with the stream. But I'm at work during almost all games, so I can't really comment on the announcers because I'm streaming to my phone propped up under my monitors with no sound. Of course, I did not know that the ACC streamed some games until the second half of the UNC game when my TWC logon was not working for WatchESPN. The ACC stream for that game was just as good as the WatchESPN stream I usually use. I have a far smaller sample size to go on for the ACC stream, though.

You will find that the streams do lag behind the regular broadcasts a bit, so moonpie will be even further ahead than normal if you participate in the chat.

gofurman
02-16-2017, 10:21 PM
Stream (unrestrictied, official, free):
http://www.theacc.com/game-center/57f3cffae4b0dcabe018ef07/

TV Stations:
http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-basketball-on-the-acc-network-wake-forest-at-duke-02-18-2017

Map:
http://a.espncdn.com/espn3/images/2010/blackout/2989944.jpg

Options based on location:

Black:

Green:
-Online via ACC Network Extra section of WatchESPN

Dumb question but I just click on the link if I am in the black? I clicked it and it appears the game will be in that Raycom link on Saturday. Is that right ??? Never had to use it before. Always been able to utilize TV or ESPN

And THANKS for listing this !!!!!!!!!

COYS
02-16-2017, 11:04 PM

Thanks!

I strongly recommend picking up an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Google Chromecast or some other wifi-capable HDMI device. It's much easier to use one of these devices than it is to hook up a computer. You can download the WatchESPN app directly to the device and boom! You're good to go. I usually DVR Duke games since they're always on some channel on my cable despite living in the sea of green (though this Saturday is an acception). But WatchESPN gives me a chance to watch my other college team, which is rarely on television. Having used it with the computer, with my smartphone, and with my Fire TV Stick, the Fire TV wins as the best way to watch it on the big screen.

awhom111
02-17-2017, 12:58 AM
Thanks, not sure why it's being shown in Richmond. Every year we miss one or two ACC games here, pitiful (Comcast, I mean).

You can thank Raycom for doing a split broadcast instead of a doubleheader. Virginia Tech-Louisville will get preference in the state of Virginia of course, although there are some markets that have enough demand that both games are picked up on separate channels.

Thanks!

Personally, I always prefer the ACC website. The feed for these games is the exact same, just with different commercials. The ACC one tends to be slightly ahead of WatchESPN and tends to work better on slower connections (or if your internet provider throttles certain things). WatchESPN is probably easier for certain mobile setups, but the computer to TV connection should be fine for either.

Dumb question but I just click on the link if I am in the black? I clicked it and it appears the game will be in that Raycom link on Saturday. Is that right ??? Never had to use it before. Always been able to utilize TV or ESPN

And THANKS for listing this !!!!!!!!!

Yes, just click that link at gametime and the big box that is there right now will have a broadcast of the game.

BandAlum83
02-17-2017, 01:05 AM
You can thank Raycom for doing a split broadcast instead of a doubleheader. Virginia Tech-Louisville will get preference in the state of Virginia of course, although there are some markets that have enough demand that both games are picked up on separate channels.

Personally, I always prefer the ACC website. The feed for these games is the exact same, just with different commercials. The ACC one tends to be slightly ahead of WatchESPN and tends to work better on slower connections (or if your internet provider throttles certain things). WatchESPN is probably easier for certain mobile setups, but the computer to TV connection should be fine for either.

Yes, just click that link at gametime and the big box that is there right now will have a broadcast of the game.

The Atlanta market also has Louisville/VT. There is such a strong Duke Alumni presence in Atlanta that this surprises me, but perhaps VT/Louisville is thought to be a more competitive game generating higher viewership??

I wouldn't agree with the viewership projection. Jason Evans is in this market and has some insight. Paging Jason: what do you think?

Saratoga2
02-17-2017, 07:10 AM
In Venice, which is part of the Sarasota, Fla area we have the ACC network on channel 401 and when that carries another game we have WTOG (channel 436) which seems to carry the Duke games. Lots of fans down here.

mgtr
02-17-2017, 08:01 AM
I strongly recommend picking up an Amazon Fire TV Stick or Google Chromecast or some other wifi-capable HDMI device. It's much easier to use one of these devices than it is to hook up a computer. You can download the WatchESPN app directly to the device and boom! You're good to go. I usually DVR Duke games since they're always on some channel on my cable despite living in the sea of green (though this Saturday is an acception). But WatchESPN gives me a chance to watch my other college team, which is rarely on television. Having used it with the computer, with my smartphone, and with my Fire TV Stick, the Fire TV wins as the best way to watch it on the big screen.

Agree 100% It is a piece of cake, sorry I was late to the party.

HateCarolina
02-17-2017, 08:32 AM
The Atlanta market also has Louisville/VT. There is such a strong Duke Alumni presence in Atlanta that this surprises me, but perhaps VT/Louisville is thought to be a more competitive game generating higher viewership??

I wouldn't agree with the viewership projection. Jason Evans is in this market and has some insight. Paging Jason: what do you think?

I'm also here in Atlanta and I see a few one off VT fans around town, but hardly ever any Louisville fans so really not sure what the heck is going on with their choice of games for us down here - I note that Augusta, Columbus and Savannah all have the Duke/Wake game coverage. I know someone mentioned the Amazon Fire Stick as a good option for streaming WatchESPN. I would also recommend a Roku box for the same service; even better is that there is an ACC App on Roku which you can usually use to stream games too. Since it's an ACC Network game the announcers on both streams should be the same (always funny and nice to hear Gminski on an ESPN broadcast). With all of this said does anyone know a good Duke bar to watch the game here in Atlanta?

BandAlum83
02-17-2017, 12:52 PM
I'm also here in Atlanta and I see a few one off VT fans around town, but hardly ever any Louisville fans so really not sure what the heck is going on with their choice of games for us down here - I note that Augusta, Columbus and Savannah all have the Duke/Wake game coverage. I know someone mentioned the Amazon Fire Stick as a good option for streaming WatchESPN. I would also recommend a Roku box for the same service; even better is that there is an ACC App on Roku which you can usually use to stream games too. Since it's an ACC Network game the announcers on both streams should be the same (always funny and nice to hear Gminski on an ESPN broadcast). With all of this said does anyone know a good Duke bar to watch the game here in Atlanta?

There just don't seem to be any Duke Watch parties in Atlanta anymore. The Atlanta Duke club used to be much more active. I don't know what's up with that.

JetpackJesus
02-17-2017, 02:42 PM

I can't speak to the Roku, but I also have a Fire TV Stick that works well with WatchESPN. I did want to note that there is also an ACC Digital Network app for the Fire TV (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00J5VC95O&ref=mas_ty). I have not tried to stream a game through that app, so I don't know if it offers the live game streams or not or how well it works. But I thought I'd share since there are some other Fire TV users here.

DukeTrinity11
02-17-2017, 02:55 PM
There just don't seem to be any Duke Watch parties in Atlanta anymore. The Atlanta Duke club used to be much more active. I don't know what's up with that.
I'm sorry to hear that BandAlum83. Duke has a massive alumni presence in Atlanta (top 5 grad destination) so I would expect there to be large watch parties for every Duke game.

sagegrouse
02-17-2017, 02:58 PM
The Wake game will be shown on ESPN College Extra. On DirecTV, it is channel 790.

iragsdale
02-18-2017, 01:12 AM
I'm sorry to hear that BandAlum83. Duke has a massive alumni presence in Atlanta (top 5 grad destination) so I would expect there to be large watch parties for every Duke game.

There was a solid crowd at Park Tavern for the UNC game. Was posted on the Duke Atlanta Facebook group. But I haven't found too many on there. Maybe someone just needs to organize? I'd probably show up for plenty if they were anywhere near Midtown.

75Crazie
02-18-2017, 01:40 PM
The Wake game will be shown on ESPN College Extra. On DirecTV, it is channel 790.
This is unwatchable during commercial breaks. ESPN pummels us with the same three ads ad nauseum ... this time, it is an ad for the OJ movie, an ad for the new Jamele Hill/Michael Brown talking heads show, and (weirdly) an Oscar ad. And we're getting the same ad multiple times during a single break. Just excruciating ... my mute button is getting a workout.