PDA

View Full Version : Shark Tank fans: ever buy any of the products on the show?

rsvman
02-14-2017, 12:53 PM
I love Shark Tank and have seen pretty much every episode. I have ended up purchasing things I saw on the show, for good and for bad. I was wondering whether anybody else had, and what their experiences have been?

Things I've bought:

1) Mission belts. These are the belts that are essentially continuous adjustable.
The verdict? AWESOME BELTS. The best I've ever used. I have two, my wife has two, my eldest son has two, my youngest son has two; our friends have bought them and my children's friends have bought them. God willing I will never.buy.another.overpriced.traditional.belt.agai n. The Mission belt is THAT good. Game-changer.

2) Scrub Daddy. These are the smiley face scrubber meant for washing dishes. Their big claim to fame is that they are firm when you run cold water on them, and soft/pliable when you run warm/hot water on them.
The verdict? My wife loves these things, but I don't think they're all that. After a relatively short period of time they begin to disintegrate. They have expanded the line somewhat and the newer products are better, but there are lots of scrubbing devices available at your local WalMart that I think are better than these. My wife, however, disagrees with me.

3) Parker's Maple. This was an inspiring story about a teenager who made his own maple syrup company. In addition to traditional maple syrup, he also makes two interesting products: maple cotton candy and "maple butter."
The verdict? These are good products. Perhaps a bit overpriced. Both of the "novelty items" are really tasty if you like the flavor of real maple syrup.

4) PiperWai natural deodorant. This is a natural deodorant that contains activated charcoal and was said to be much more effective than most natural deodorants.
The verdict? It worked well for me. It was difficult to apply because it's a big too thick. Using this product, however, led me to a more active search for natural deodorants and I was able to find a company called Meow Meow Tweet and now I am very happy to use their grapefruit baking soda free natural deodorant. It's a little expensive, but it works really well and the ingredients are mostly very skin friendly (coconut oil, unrefined shea butter, etc).

5) Simple Sugars body scrub. This was an interesting story, too, about a young girl in Pittsburgh who had fairly severe eczema who couldn't find relief using commercial products, so she made her own.
The verdict? These are really nice products. However, once I saw the ingredients list, I was able to just make my own rather than pay the exorbitant prices they charge for these. I don't use these, but my wife does. I made her a little batch and when she runs out, she asks for more and I make them for her.

That's about all I can remember.

Anybody else buy anything that was featured on the show? If so, what did you think of the product you purchased?

bjornolf
02-14-2017, 01:47 PM
Scrub Daddy... Liked it, tried the big rectangular version, liked it even better.

Illuminaid inflatable, solar powered, LED light. Works fine. My son loves them for camping. Makes a good night light for kids if power goes out. Fine for getting around. Probably wouldn't want to try to read by it.

Windcatcher II air mattress. You're supposed to be able to just blow in the end like blowing out candles and it uses some kind of air induction current to suck in more air to make it easier. I can't get it to blow up all the way without using the side nozzle that's a normal valve. I can get it about 80% with the blowing in the end bit. It IS still faster and easier than blowing up a mattress that size from 0-100% I'll admit. It definitely makes a good size camping mattress/seat (folds up with straps into seat) that deflates and rolls up absolutely tiny, which I love for camping.

As you can tell, we do some camping. I have a girl scout and a boy scout.

Oh, yeah, Echo Valley Meats. Awesome hams. A little pricey, but seem to be much better quality than what you get at the local market.

I want those revolution bike lights for my kid, but they're just too expensive right now, especially since he grows out of his bike every couple years. Maybe when he stops growing. Those look awesome.

My kid wants that game where you get in the inflatable bubble and run around crashing into people. Wifey and I see too many ER visits involved with that one.

BigWayne
02-15-2017, 03:08 AM
My kid wants that game where you get in the inflatable bubble and run around crashing into people. Wifey and I see too many ER visits involved with that one.

My son was at a lacrosse camp where they had these. The coaches (which were NLL players) had a match in them and one of them ended up losing a year of his career from a crash gone bad.

weezie
02-16-2017, 07:49 AM
...My kid wants that game where you get in the inflatable bubble and run around crashing into people. Wifey and I see too many ER visits involved with that one.

Rats, there goes my suggestion that we get one for my mother-in-law's birthday party. Or, wait a minute...

JNort
02-17-2017, 12:02 AM
I've had just 1 and I liked it. Copa Di Vino, the little wine by the glass servings. I see them in gas stations and grocery stores.

sue71, esq
02-18-2017, 12:16 PM
My friend (yes, a friend - not me) swears by the Squatty Potty.