PDA

View Full Version : Health

gofurman
02-14-2017, 12:14 AM
Biggest thing for us now is health (and D rotations). Any word on Amile Matt or Grayson. All seem 'ok'. But not great. I particularly am hoping Amile regains good health. I am pretty sure Matt and Grayson will w turned ankles

Any knowledge?

terrih
02-14-2017, 06:59 AM
I'm interested in this update too. I also thought Tatum tweaked an ankle as well last game.

CameronBlue
02-14-2017, 08:32 AM
I'd also like to know if Jeter will play again this year.

CDu
02-14-2017, 09:17 AM
I'd also like to know if Jeter will play again this year.

Seems doubtful outside of blowouts. It looks like as long as Jefferson and Giles stay healthy, they are the options that will pair with Tatum at the 4/5.

NM Duke Fan
02-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Seems doubtful outside of blowouts. It looks like as long as Jefferson and Giles stay healthy, they are the options that will pair with Tatum at the 4/5.

Or a game filled with phantom fouls where a few big men foul out! There had better not be any more of those, no "Valentine Days" for me!

WiJoe
02-14-2017, 12:22 PM
We'd have better luck getting info out of the CIA.

gam7
02-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Biggest thing for us now is health (and D rotations). Any word on Amile Matt or Grayson. All seem 'ok'. But not great. I particularly am hoping Amile regains good health. I am pretty sure Matt and Grayson will w turned ankles

Any knowledge?

I think Grayson's turned ankle is a big question mark right now. In the first UNC game in 2015, Jah returned to the game with a sprained ankle and then had to sit out the following game (I think that one was Clemson too if I recall) and was never quite the same the rest of the season.

Last year, Matt sprained his ankle in the first UNC game and also was a shell of his usual self (to put it kindly) the rest of the year.

Grayson's ankle sprain against Clemson looked bad. He came back to play, but was clearly not his usual self. I think it will be a significant hinderance in the UVA game and possibly beyond. Time will tell.

I haven't heard enough about Matt's injury (or even when it occurred) to really know what to expect, except that he looked pretty normal to me against UNC and Clemson.

-jk
02-14-2017, 04:51 PM
I think Grayson's turned ankle is a big question mark right now. In the first UNC game in 2015, Jah returned to the game with a sprained ankle and then had to sit out the following game (I think that one was Clemson too if I recall) and was never quite the same the rest of the season.

Last year, Matt sprained his ankle in the first UNC game and also was a shell of his usual self (to put it kindly) the rest of the year.

Grayson's ankle sprain against Clemson looked bad. He came back to play, but was clearly not his usual self. I think it will be a significant hinderance in the UVA game and possibly beyond. Time will tell.

I haven't heard enough about Matt's injury (or even when it occurred) to really know what to expect, except that he looked pretty normal to me against UNC and Clemson.

Do we know it was Grayson's ankle and not his toe?

-jk

Kedsy
02-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Do we know it was Grayson's ankle and not his toe?

-jk

Based on the replay on TV, it was clearly his ankle. After watching that replay, I was very surprised he could come back into the game.

CDu
02-14-2017, 06:32 PM
Based on the replay on TV, it was clearly his ankle. After watching that replay, I was very surprised he could come back into the game.

Yeah, Allen may ALSO be still dealing with a toe issue from earlier this year. But he definitely rolled his ankle badly in the Clemson game.

jimsumner
02-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Yeah, Allen may ALSO be still dealing with a toe issue from earlier this year. But he definitely rolled his ankle badly in the Clemson game.

Allen's left ankle was taped after the Clemson game. But he seemed to be moving okay.

Jefferson won't be 100 percent until after the season. He's playing with pain but told us that it's the kind of injury that won't get worse by playing on it. It just won't get better. Pain Management 101.

Jones was a banged up for the Pitt game. A practice injury. I think he's fine now.

MrPoon
02-14-2017, 08:16 PM
Allen's left ankle was taped after the Clemson game. But he seemed to be moving okay.

Jefferson won't be 100 percent until after the season. He's playing with pain but told us that it's the kind of injury that won't get worse by playing on it. It just won't get better. Pain Management 101.

Jones was a banged up for the Pitt game. A practice injury. I think he's fine now.

In the pregame chat before the Clemson game one of the talking heads reported that this week's practice was the first all year that everyone was able to participate. That surprised me. Anyone else catch that comment? Is it accurate?

devildeac
02-14-2017, 09:59 PM
In the pregame chat before the Clemson game one of the talking heads reported that this week's practice was the first all year that everyone was able to participate. That surprised me. Anyone else catch that comment? Is it accurate?

According to the email I received from the Duke SID, 2/7 was the first practice this season in which all coaches and players participated. I have no idea about Sean Obi however and refuse to speculate about his status as we've discussed it here many times.

ricks68
02-15-2017, 12:50 PM
According to the email I received from the Duke SID, 2/7 was the first practice this season in which all coaches and players participated. I have no idea about Sean Obi however and refuse to speculate about his status as we've discussed it here many times.

I don't think they were counting Obi, for some reason, as he was still wearing a suit for the game.

ricks