PDA

View Full Version : Semi Ojeleye & other Duke transfer watch

DukieInBrasil
02-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Semi Ojeleye transferred to SMU after 1.5 seasons at Duke. He missed out on being a part of the 2015 Nat'l Championship team, but maybe that was just part of the deal, both for becoming Champions in 2015 but also in terms of who we've recruited recently.

Since Semi showed up at SMU, there's not much to say but WOW!!!! While Duke was handing UNC yet another loss, Semi dropped 30 points and 10 rebs on Temple, including 4-8 3FGs. For the season he's averaging 18.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 1.5 apg and half a block and half a steal per game. He's shooting 48% from the field and 41.6% from 3 and 77% FTs. All around he's putting up great numbers for the #25 ranked SMU Mustangs, leading the team in scoring and 3rd in rebounds. He's got to be a big factor in why SMU is ranked this year, although they are a historically not-terrible team in a mid-level (maybe lower?) conference (Am. Ath. Con.).

Although it's nice for Duke to have guys who come in under the radar and then blossom into good players (think Seth Curry), it's understandable why some choose to take their skills elsewhere. Some guys go on to have good success elsewhere, think Gbinije at 'Cuse or Czyz at Reno or McCaffery at Vandy. Others don't do much once they leave for a variety of reasons, think Alex Murphy or Michael Thompson (although he was playing pretty well before his medical condition cut his career short). The season isn't over yet, nor is Semi done with college ball yet, but he may turn out to be the most statistically accomplished transfer Duke has let go. Best of luck to him as the year winds on, and who knows, maybe the selection committee will put us in a bracket that intersects with Semi's Mustangs.
GO DUKE!!!!

ps- I can't think of other Duke transfers that are currently playing this year, although Thornton is waiting for his transfer year to be over. Feel free to use this thread to discuss other current or former Duke transfers.

swagilicious
02-10-2017, 07:55 PM
he literally would have gotten zero minutes this year if he stayed at duke

Siat
02-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Others don't do much once they leave for a variety of reasons, think Alex Murphy or Michael Thompson

It took him a while to find his stride, but Alex Murphy is doing alright at Northeastern (http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56114/alex-murphy): 14.5 points, 5.7 rebounds per game.

jimsumner
02-10-2017, 10:56 PM

Well, considering that Justin Robinson literally has gotten more than zero minutes this season, I'm reasonably certain that a senior Semi Ojeleye would literally have gotten some minutes this season.

As he would have last season, especially when Amile Jefferson went down with a foot injury and Duke literally had to resort to playing Matt Jones at the 4 in lieu of other options.

This is literally my opinion.

DukieInBrasil
02-11-2017, 12:19 AM

I was really just trying to give some props to a kid who played at Duke for a bit, not to argue that he would be putting up those numbers at Duke or that his talent was hidden or wasted by the coaching staff.
He's playing really well, i'm happy for him.

Li_Duke
02-11-2017, 12:25 AM
Well, considering that Justin Robinson literally has gotten more than zero minutes this season, I'm reasonably certain that a senior Semi Ojeleye would literally have gotten some minutes this season.

As he would have last season, especially when Amile Jefferson went down with a foot injury and Duke literally had to resort to playing Matt Jones at the 4 in lieu of other options.

This is literally my opinion.

If he had stayed, wouldn't he have graduated at the end of last year? If so, then the prior poster might be correct about his minutes this year.

But I agree completely that we could have used him last year. Considering what he's done this year, I think he would have made a similar jump as Marshall last year.

I'm glad to see that his decision to transfer has worked out for him. It would have worked out for him if he stayed too, but that's only clear in hindsight. He was behind two other benchwarmers who are/will be NBA players in Plumlee and Allen, and he couldn't have foreseen Winslow, Jones, and Sulaimon leaving.

mph
02-11-2017, 01:01 AM
Semi Ojeleye transferred to SMU after 1.5 seasons at Duke. He missed out on being a part of the 2015 Nat'l Championship team, but maybe that was just part of the deal, both for becoming Champions in 2015 but also in terms of who we've recruited recently.

Since Semi showed up at SMU, there's not much to say but WOW!!!! While Duke was handing UNC yet another loss, Semi dropped 30 points and 10 rebs on Temple, including 4-8 3FGs. For the season he's averaging 18.2ppg, 6.8rpg, 1.5 apg and half a block and half a steal per game. He's shooting 48% from the field and 41.6% from 3 and 77% FTs. All around he's putting up great numbers for the #25 ranked SMU Mustangs, leading the team in scoring and 3rd in rebounds. He's got to be a big factor in why SMU is ranked this year, although they are a historically not-terrible team in a mid-level (maybe lower?) conference (Am. Ath. Con.).

Although it's nice for Duke to have guys who come in under the radar and then blossom into good players (think Seth Curry), it's understandable why some choose to take their skills elsewhere. Some guys go on to have good success elsewhere, think Gbinije at 'Cuse or Czyz at Reno or McCaffery at Vandy. Others don't do much once they leave for a variety of reasons, think Alex Murphy or Michael Thompson (although he was playing pretty well before his medical condition cut his career short). The season isn't over yet, nor is Semi done with college ball yet, but he may turn out to be the most statistically accomplished transfer Duke has let go. Best of luck to him as the year winds on, and who knows, maybe the selection committee will put us in a bracket that intersects with Semi's Mustangs.
GO DUKE!!!!

ps- I can't think of other Duke transfers that are currently playing this year, although Thornton is waiting for his transfer year to be over. Feel free to use this thread to discuss other current or former Duke transfers.

Good post. Happy to see Semi having a good season and even more happy he's not doing it for Larry Brown.

One nit to pick. I wouldn't characterize Seth Curry as coming in under the radar and blossoming. He was the nation's top scoring freshman during his year at Liberty, averaging more than 20 a game. I also remember reports that he was lighting it up during practice while sitting out the 2010 season. He was pretty good when he got here.

FadedTackyShirt
02-11-2017, 02:07 AM
One nit to pick. I wouldn't characterize Seth Curry as coming in under the radar and blossoming. He was the nation's top scoring freshman during his year at Liberty, averaging more than 20 a game. I also remember reports that he was lighting it up during practice while sitting out the 2010 season. He was pretty good when he got here.

Know that Seth battled injuries at Duke, but never projected him as an NBA player. Was pleasantly surprised to see how much he's improved. Was OK for the Kings last season and recently had a monster game for the Mavs.

Dell and Sonya Curry sit near a friend's seats at Panthers' games. Briefly congratulated Dell on Seth's improvement and he seemed genuinely pleased that someone mentioned Seth for a change.

jimsumner
02-11-2017, 10:02 PM
If he had stayed, wouldn't he have graduated at the end of last year? If so, then the prior poster might be correct about his minutes this year.

But I agree completely that we could have used him last year. Considering what he's done this year, I think he would have made a similar jump as Marshall last year.

I'm glad to see that his decision to transfer has worked out for him. It would have worked out for him if he stayed too, but that's only clear in hindsight. He was behind two other benchwarmers who are/will be NBA players in Plumlee and Allen, and he couldn't have foreseen Winslow, Jones, and Sulaimon leaving.

Ojeleye was in the same class as Jabari Parker and Matt Jones. He would have been a senior at Duke this season had he stayed.

arnie
02-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Semi is taking out 11th ranked Cincinnati today. He has help, but clearly the star. Of course it he were still at Duke, fewer minutes for Harry.

chrishoke
02-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Semi is taking out 11th ranked Cincinnati today. He has help, but clearly the star. Of course it he were still at Duke, fewer minutes for Harry.

Great win for Semi! Really happy fort him.

AustinDevil
02-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Just left Moody Coliseum at SMU--what a game! 21-2 second-half run turned this one around. And it's absolutely Semi's team.

DukieInBrasil
02-21-2017, 10:19 AM
Semi had a statistically poor game vs Tulane (4-17 FG) but finished with 18 points, and apparently was a monster in the second half to help SMU come back for the win. He followed that up with a 22 pt 9 reb performance vs Houston on 7-13 FGs.
Semi's got SMU ranked at #17 and on a 10-game winning streak. Wow!

DukieInBrasil
03-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Semi having a helluva game as his #14 SMU Mustangs dismantle Tulsa, currently up 31 with 4+ minutes left.
Semi shooting a cool 9-9 FGs, 3-3 3s for 26 pts (only 5-7 FTs).

mr. synellinden
03-02-2017, 11:27 PM
Semi having a helluva game as his #14 SMU Mustangs dismantle Tulsa, currently up 31 with 4+ minutes left.
Semi shooting a cool 9-9 FGs, 3-3 3s for 26 pts (only 5-7 FTs).

Why do I sense a Sweet 16 game against SMU?

Hauerwas
03-02-2017, 11:51 PM
We've had our fair share of transfers but he seems to be one of the few who has actually shined of late. Not sure what type of role he would play on this team since Tatum and Kennard have the 3/4 locked down. Seems like a great kid also. It would have been nice to see him alongside Ingrim last year.

I think the only thing that bothers me is that for all his athleticism and shooting prowess, K never found time for him to even see what he could offer. I can't remember why he transferred, but c'mon, playing time is probably the highest reason why kids bolt. Makes me wonder about Javin and Jeter this year. Are they going to be willing to not see any time at all post-December and think they have a role next year? I assume Chase is still recovering from injury but I'm still amazed that we haven't seen Javin play 5 minutes in ACC play. Is he still recovering from his foot issues? Does anyone know why we haven't seen him play in about two months?

TruBlu
03-03-2017, 05:25 AM
Are Javin and/or Chase eligible for redshirt if they don't see any more action this year? This could be part of the reasoning to not playing them.

Saratoga2
03-03-2017, 07:58 AM
We've had our fair share of transfers but he seems to be one of the few who has actually shined of late. Not sure what type of role he would play on this team since Tatum and Kennard have the 3/4 locked down. Seems like a great kid also. It would have been nice to see him alongside Ingrim last year.

I think the only thing that bothers me is that for all his athleticism and shooting prowess, K never found time for him to even see what he could offer. I can't remember why he transferred, but c'mon, playing time is probably the highest reason why kids bolt. Makes me wonder about Javin and Jeter this year. Are they going to be willing to not see any time at all post-December and think they have a role next year? I assume Chase is still recovering from injury but I'm still amazed that we haven't seen Javin play 5 minutes in ACC play. Is he still recovering from his foot issues? Does anyone know why we haven't seen him play in about two months?

Semi is and was a very strong athletic kid who could shoot from distance. He is about 6'8" and in the 230 pound region. He wasn't getting any burn at Duke so he transferred and has been able to show his talents at SMU. The lack of PT at Duke looks like a mistake in retrospect. I am happy that he found a place to play and he may well get a look at the NBA. Probably wouldn't have happened for him at Duke.

DukieInBrasil
03-03-2017, 08:39 AM
Semi is and was a very strong athletic kid who could shoot from distance. He is about 6'8" and in the 230 pound region. He wasn't getting any burn at Duke so he transferred and has been able to show his talents at SMU. The lack of PT at Duke looks like a mistake in retrospect. I am happy that he found a place to play and he may well get a look at the NBA. Probably wouldn't have happened for him at Duke.

That's not entirely true. He was playing a fair amount the year he transferred. He was shooting terribly from 3, like 25% and rather poorly overall. His poor shooting and lack of rebounding for a big powerful kid like him caused him to see his PT slip, especially since Justise was his primary competition for PT. He shot 50% on 3s in limited time his Fr. year, and had he shot somewhere near 40% and rebounded anywhere near his potential Fall semester his So. year, i'm sure K would have found time for him. Little did he know that Sulaimon would get kicked off the team, and that probably would have opened some PT for him. Who knows if that team would have gelled the way it did and then go on its championship run if Semi had stayed.
It also seems Semi wanted to be closer to his Kansas home. He's a great fit at SMU, that's for sure. This would have been his Sr. year at Duke, and there's no doubt he would have gotten PT last year and this year, and he maybe would have a Championship ring, but them's the breaks...
I also think that the seeding committee is going to try to make a SMU/Duke game a possibility.

jv001
03-03-2017, 08:46 AM
That's not entirely true. He was playing a fair amount the year he transferred. He was shooting terribly from 3, like 25% and rather poorly overall. His poor shooting and lack of rebounding for a big powerful kid like him caused him to see his PT slip, especially since Justise was his primary competition for PT. He shot 50% on 3s in limited time his Fr. year, and had he shot somewhere near 40% and rebounded anywhere near his potential Fall semester his So. year, i'm sure K would have found time for him. Little did he know that Sulaimon would get kicked off the team, and that probably would have opened some PT for him. Who knows if that team would have gelled the way it did and then go on its championship run if Semi had stayed.It also seems Semi wanted to be closer to his Kansas home. He's a great fit at SMU, that's for sure. This would have been his Sr. year at Duke, and there's no doubt he would have gotten PT last year and this year, and he maybe would have a Championship ring, but them's the breaks...
I also think that the seeding committee is going to try to make a SMU/Duke game a possibility.

If he had stayed would Grayson have gotten the playing time he did after Rasheed was dismissed from the team. I'm glad that Grayson got to play in the FF because it helped get us #5. GoDuke!

AustinDevil
03-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Read this week's SI piece on Semi (link below), and you'll see nothing but quotes from Semi about how he had not yet learned the habits to be successful when he was at Duke, and quotes from K praising Semi and congratulating him on his success at SMU. Nothing to see here in terms of second-guessing his playing time at Duke when the player says he wasn't ready.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/28/semi-ojeleye-smu-mustangs

COYS
03-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Read this week's SI piece on Semi (link below), and you'll see nothing but quotes from Semi about how he had not yet learned the habits to be successful when he was at Duke, and quotes from K praising Semi and congratulating him on his success at SMU. Nothing to see here in terms of second-guessing his playing time at Duke when the player says he wasn't ready.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/02/28/semi-ojeleye-smu-mustangs

I agree with this. It's hard to be upset about Semi leaving. It seems like it was good for everyone. Duke won the title in 2015, the semester after he transferred, so it's hard to argue that somehow coach K and the staff didn't manage that team correctly. Semi is now taking advantage of his chance to star for SMU. I actually do think he would have gotten extended PT at Duke had he stayed, especially last season after Amile went down with his injury. But he probably wouldn't get the same amount of PT he's getting at SMU. Also, he would have been a senior this season and would be fighting for PT with Jayson, Amile, Matt, Luke, Harry, and Marques. He now has a few more seasons to thrive at SMU.

Also, he sounds like he is an extremely impressive kid from that interview.

There are a number of relatively recent Duke transfers that I think would have been successful had they stayed at Duke. Boateng, Gbinije, and now Semi top that list, for me. However, I also believe that all of them made the decision that was right for them and I'm happy that they found success.

DukieInBrasil
03-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Semi with 19 pts on a cool 5-6 FGs (+6-7 FTs) in SMU's blowout win over Memphis. Kid is ballin' it up!

DukieInBrasil
03-10-2017, 02:30 PM
Semi absolutely destroyed ECU in their AAC quarterfinal game. Check this out:36 pts on 12/19 FGs 11/13 FTs and 12 rebs!!!!
Kid's a stud. Too bad he didn't have a bit more patience to let Duke's staff hone his game here at Duke, he'd be a Sr. this year.
I sure hope he's getting some attention from NBA scouts: 6'7, 235, can shoot the 3 (43% this year) and is a bull of an athlete. Wow!

DukieInBrasil
03-10-2017, 02:36 PM
I assume Alex Murphy's college career is over now. Northeastern lost on 3/4 and they have a losing record overall. He had a pretty nice 6th year, averaging 14ppg and 5.8rpg. Both significantly better than any of his other seasons. Injuries and circumstances really hampered him. well, he's moving on to the rest of his life, and i hope he picked up a couple of useful degrees during those 6 years in college!!!

COYS
03-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Semi absolutely destroyed ECU in their AAC quarterfinal game. Check this out:36 pts on 12/19 FGs 11/13 FTs and 12 rebs!!!!
Kid's a stud. Too bad he didn't have a bit more patience to let Duke's staff hone his game here at Duke, he'd be a Sr. this year.
I sure hope he's getting some attention from NBA scouts: 6'7, 235, can shoot the 3 (43% this year) and is a bull of an athlete. Wow!

I think he suffers from the "tweener" label. At 6'7'' he's a bit small NBA PF, even in small ball lineups. By NBA standards, he's also not all that young anymore, either, as this would've been his senior year. Also, despite his athleticism, he's not quite as dominant in the categories that scouts use to measure how athleticism translates to actual games. His rebound rates, block rates, steal rates, etc. are all relatively pedestrian (the most recent game notwithstanding). That could be because he's asked to carry the load on offense, though. Anyway, I'm not saying this to knock Semi. He's having an amazing year for SMU and I'm really happy for him. And I hope he finds success in the league. But I think those are the reasons why he's not mentioned as a first rounder just yet (though draftexpress has him close at #37).

phaedrus
03-10-2017, 03:41 PM
If UCF holds its current 27-point second half lead over Memphis, Semi will be facing off against Johnny Dawkins tomorrow in the second round of the AAC tournament.

mr. synellinden
03-10-2017, 03:48 PM

That was a crazy game. ECU was down 24 at one point, 22 in the second half and 19 with 7 minutes left. They tied it at 77 with 50 seconds left - but Ojeleye scored the last 4 points of the game and SMU escaped.

DukieInBrasil
03-10-2017, 03:52 PM
I think he suffers from the "tweener" label. At 6'7'' he's a bit small NBA PF, even in small ball lineups. By NBA standards, he's also not all that young anymore, either, as this would've been his senior year. Also, despite his athleticism, he's not quite as dominant in the categories that scouts use to measure how athleticism translates to actual games. His rebound rates, block rates, steal rates, etc. are all relatively pedestrian (the most recent game notwithstanding). That could be because he's asked to carry the load on offense, though. Anyway, I'm not saying this to knock Semi. He's having an amazing year for SMU and I'm really happy for him. And I hope he finds success in the league. But I think those are the reasons why he's not mentioned as a first rounder just yet (though draftexpress has him close at #37).

i remember when Semi came to Duke that people were amazed at his physical frame, but noted that he was extremely raw due to not playing much organized ball and/or playing for a tiny school in KS. He was seen as a project. That project has come to its fruition at SMU.
All the things you've mentioned would normally limit the draft status of players, but not necessarily their ability to play in the league. Look at Seth Curry. He's a tweener, not big enough to be a 2G but not fast/quick enough to be a PG. Yet there he is, tearing it up. But also, who said Semi would be looked at to play PF? Why not consider him for SF? He shoots the 3 really well, he can jump thru the roof and is fast etc.
I really have no idea what style SMU plays, but Semi is listed as a F, along with another F starter (Moore, who is only 6'8). It's possible that Semi plays small-ball PF for them, which translates pretty well to SF in the NBA. In fact he'd be a great match for a team that wants to play small-ball: a big SF who can shoot 3s, or a small PF who can shoot 3s or use his body to bang. In fact, he's almost exactly the same ht and wt as Draymond Green, though Green is an excellent passer and ball-handler. Yet, Green plays PF or sometimes even C for GSW. No reason to think that Semi can't carve out a place for himself in the NBA.

COYS
03-10-2017, 03:59 PM
i remember when Semi came to Duke that people were amazed at his physical frame, but noted that he was extremely raw due to not playing much organized ball and/or playing for a tiny school in KS. He was seen as a project. That project has come to its fruition at SMU.
All the things you've mentioned would normally limit the draft status of players, but not necessarily their ability to play in the league. Look at Seth Curry. He's a tweener, not big enough to be a 2G but not fast/quick enough to be a PG. Yet there he is, tearing it up. But also, who said Semi would be looked at to play PF? Why not consider him for SF? He shoots the 3 really well, he can jump thru the roof and is fast etc.
I really have no idea what style SMU plays, but Semi is listed as a F, along with another F starter (Moore, who is only 6'8). It's possible that Semi plays small-ball PF for them, which translates pretty well to SF in the NBA. In fact he'd be a great match for a team that wants to play small-ball: a big SF who can shoot 3s, or a small PF who can shoot 3s or use his body to bang. In fact, he's almost exactly the same ht and wt as Draymond Green, though Green is an excellent passer and ball-handler. Yet, Green plays PF or sometimes even C for GSW. No reason to think that Semi can't carve out a place for himself in the NBA.

If you read my post again, I think you'll notice that I didn't bring up his NBA-perceived shortcomings to indicate that he can't make it in the League, or even that he's unlikely to play in the league. I'm definitely rooting for him and think that some team should give him a chance. I was just indicating why he hasn't been mentioned as a first round pick yet. Reports are that his handle is still quite a bit raw to be considered a good option for small forward in the league, which is why most prospect evaluators see him as a small ball PF. But he can definitely prove them wrong. And, unlike some college guys who just don't have the athleticism to improve their rebounding, steals, blocks, etc, Semi is not lacking in that area, as you've brought up too. If an NBA gives him a chance to convert his raw abilities into a more refined game on the defensive end, he could end up being the surprise of the second round. I certainly hope so. He's only spoken fondly of Duke since leaving.

DukieInBrasil
03-11-2017, 06:04 PM
Semi's SMU Mustangs won their Semi-final game today (ba-duh tching! I'll be here all week folks!)
Semi scored 17 pts on 4-9 shooting and 7-8 FTs, with 6 boards. He didn't lead his team in any categories, but a solid game nonetheless.
Should they win the AAC tournament, could they possibly climb as high as a #3 seed? They were projected as a #4 seed in the most recent bracketology.

AustinDevil
03-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Semi's SMU Mustangs won their Semi-final game today (ba-duh tching! I'll be here all week folks!)
Semi scored 17 pts on 4-9 shooting and 7-8 FTs, with 6 boards. He didn't lead his team in any categories, but a solid game nonetheless.
Should they win the AAC tournament, could they possibly climb as high as a #3 seed? They were projected as a #4 seed in the most recent bracketology.

SMU will not be a 3, and probably not a 4. They will be dangerously under-seeded. If anyone wants a great basketball game to watch near NY tomorrow afternoon, SMU v Cincy in Hartford will be a good one. With UConn out, lots of tickets available at XL Center.

DukieInBrasil
03-11-2017, 09:21 PM
SMU will not be a 3, and probably not a 4. They will be dangerously under-seeded. If anyone wants a great basketball game to watch near NY tomorrow afternoon, SMU v Cincy in Hartford will be a good one. With UConn out, lots of tickets available at XL Center.

they were listed as a 4 seed on Bracketology, and that was before their tournament. Their conference is weak so winning the AAC tourney may not do much for them.

JNort
03-12-2017, 12:03 AM
I know it's a lesser conference but I am so happy to be proven wrong about Semi. Even back before we signed him I thought he was a huge bust based on his highlights and wasn't to thrilled about his signing. Love being proved wrong, a shame he couldn't prove me wrong at Duke, great kid.

WWBD
03-12-2017, 12:46 AM
Transferring from Duke is always a mistake. The only exception I can muster would be Sulaimon, and that's only because he was forced to.
You're voluntarily leaving the greatest coaching mind of all time, the greatest exposure you can have on the college stage, and one of the finest academic institutions in the country.
There is no track record for transfers achieving NBA success elsewhere.
On the flip side, there IS a track record for late-blooming seniors at Duke who go on to much NBA success.

AustinDevil
03-13-2017, 04:06 PM
they were listed as a 4 seed on Bracketology, and that was before their tournament. Their conference is weak so winning the AAC tourney may not do much for them.

And "Bracketology" was wrong. Anyway, as I bet you know DiB, SMU absolutely dominated then-No.15 Cincinnati yesterday, winning by 15. Semi was MVP for the American tournament. I fully expect SMU to beat Baylor for a potential Duke matchup.

DukieInBrasil
03-13-2017, 05:18 PM
And "Bracketology" was wrong. Anyway, as I bet you know DiB, SMU absolutely dominated then-No.15 Cincinnati yesterday, winning by 15. Semi was MVP for the American tournament. I fully expect SMU to beat Baylor for a potential Duke matchup.

yeah, it's weird that by winning their conference tournament their perceived worth decreased. Nobody knows what's in the committee's mind before the tournaments, but some people figured they were a 4 seed, and by winning they fell to a 6 seed.
I did notice the SMU Duke, potential matchup, and i am pulling for SMU to beat Baylor. I'd like to see Semi play Duke, just to see if he has improved as much as it seems.

Pghdukie
03-13-2017, 07:38 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong ADevil, but hasn't Semi also been playing a little point guard also ? I've watched a few games lately and it seems that SMU is thin at the point.

CDu
03-13-2017, 08:42 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong ADevil, but hasn't Semi also been playing a little point guard also ? I've watched a few games lately and it seems that SMU is thin at the point.

No, Shake Milton is the de facto PG. Ojeleye plays PF and C for them. He has the lowest assist rate smong the team's regulars.

AustinDevil
03-14-2017, 11:54 AM
No, Shake Milton is the de facto PG. Ojeleye plays PF and C for them. He has the lowest assist rate smong the team's regulars.

CDu is correct, especially about the "de facto" part. No true PG and any of the five will bring it up court, but if Shake isn't handling it, it's likely to be Ben Moore or Sterling Brown.

Furniture
03-18-2017, 11:51 AM
If you missed Semis tournament appearance here are his highlights. He is a far cry from that shy young man who attended Duke for a couple of years!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlu4TL0qWro

Ballboy1998
03-18-2017, 12:05 PM
If you missed Semis tournament appearance here are his highlights. He is a far cry from that shy young man who attended Duke for a couple of years!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nlu4TL0qWro

He was great and that one put back dunk was maybe the highlight of the first round. I was really disappointed he did not get a touch on either of the last two possessions for SMU.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-18-2017, 08:14 PM
He was great and that one put back dunk was maybe the highlight of the first round. I was really disappointed he did not get a touch on either of the last two possessions for SMU.
Wow. I'm disappointed he's not in Duke blue.:(