PDA

View Full Version : Fan Ejection (at Roy's Behest?) Last Night-- Just Curious

alteran
02-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know what happened there last night?

At one point late in the first half (I believe, I texted my brother about it at 905), DURING GAME ACTION, essentially the entire UNC coaching staff stood up and turned around and was arguing with a Duke fan (who was NOT ejected). I get the vibe that maybe I missed something from earlier, where a fan WAS ejected.

Anyway, I can find no reference at all to it online, except for a few twitter references to a Duke fan being removed, possibly at Roy's behest. Anyone see anything?

rasputin
02-10-2017, 11:38 AM

At one point late in the first half (I believe, I texted my brother about it at 905), DURING GAME ACTION, essentially the entire UNC coaching staff stood up and turned around and was arguing with a Duke fan (who was NOT ejected). I get the vibe that maybe I missed something from earlier, where a fan WAS ejected.

Anyway, I can find no reference at all to it online, except for a few twitter references to a Duke fan being removed, possibly at Roy's behest. Anyone see anything?

Must have been that Presbyterian guy.

billy
02-10-2017, 12:51 PM

I saw it happen but have no idea what led to it. I happened to be looking at Roy for some reason who had his back to the court and was gesturing to the bleachers behind him. There was a gentleman sitting at the end of the scorer's table closest to the UNC bench who appeared to have some role in the "ejection"; I assume he's a Duke employee of some sort. This person had credentials of some sort, glasses, and was wearing a tannish suit and tie and stood at all time outs as if he was security. I saw the fan being led out of the bleachers and out the exit. I have no idea if the fan was fully ejected; years ago an insanely obnoxious hole fan (wearing the requisite bow-tie and argyle sweater vest) was kicked out of our section after getting into a verbal confrontation with a petite woman in front of him. In that instance, he was merely moved to another area, I think in the "buffer zone" behind UNC's bench. Big-time seat upgrade as punishment for crappy behavior.

rthomas
02-10-2017, 01:21 PM
It wasn't Charles Oakley, was it?

Atlanta Duke
02-10-2017, 01:23 PM
Pat Forde referred to it in his twitter feed during the game

Forde initially thought Roy was arguing with the Duke SID when security was summoned, but then provided this resolution

Update on brewhaha behind UNC bench: Roy was thanking Duke SID Cory Walton for having fan tossed after cursing at Sean May.

https://twitter.com/YahooForde/status/829875086190579712

brevity
02-10-2017, 01:30 PM

Forde initially thought Roy was arguing with the Duke SID when security was summoned, but then provided this resolution

Update on brewhaha behind UNC bench: Roy was thanking Duke SID Cory Walton for having fan tossed after cursing at Sean May.

Ugh, the press. I wasn't cursing at Sean May. I was yelling "Show us your transcript!" over and over.

JetpackJesus
02-10-2017, 01:31 PM

Really? The fan must have used some very choice language because Sean May surely has been cursed at before in Cameron. And depicted by a student as a dog begging for Big Macs. He's a big boy. I think he can handle it.

Tripping William
02-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Ugh, the press. I wasn't cursing at Sean May. I was yelling "Show us your transcript!" over and over.

You should have offered him some Little Debbies in exchange; everything would have gone smoothly & you could have kept your cushy seat.

Indoor66
02-10-2017, 01:33 PM

That fan was yelling at May because he (May) was taking his popcorn!😢👹👺😎

jv001
02-10-2017, 01:36 PM
That fan was yelling at May because he (May) was taking his popcorn!��������

And his Bigggggg Coke. GoDuke!

gotoguy
02-10-2017, 02:05 PM
The fan was probably asking Sean if he ever attended class in 2005. Roy, worried that Sean would answer truthfully, had the fan ejected

Ballboy1998
02-10-2017, 02:09 PM
I would love some more details on this -- then we can start a gofundme campaign to make sure the guy who got ejected gets a prime spot right behind the Tar Heel bench on March 4th...

dukebluesincebirth
02-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Must've been a rowdy Presbyterian fan.

Troublemaker
02-10-2017, 02:20 PM

Some men will find two Ds to be interesting to look at, but probably not Sean May's.

devildeac
02-10-2017, 02:30 PM

Some men will find two Ds to be interesting to look at, but probably not Sean May's.

Nice. Naughty, but nice.

I'd have thought yelling "where's the menu" or "you can't eat that" at him would have been better than a transcript reference. ;):rolleyes:

plimnko
02-10-2017, 02:32 PM
they might have overheard the fan mention going to class and were offended by such a thing.

Troublemaker
02-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Nice. Naughty, but nice.

Brevity started it! I've been chuckling at "Show us your transcript" for about half an hour. Brilliant!

BD80
02-10-2017, 02:50 PM
The fan was probably asking Sean if he ever attended class in 2005. Roy, worried that Sean would answer truthfully, had the fan ejected

Sean must have some pull - he probably needs TWO seats to attend games.

Indoor66
02-10-2017, 03:03 PM
they might have overheard the fan mention going to class and were offended by such a thing.

Yeah, it was a trigger and May was looking for a safe space.

FadedTackyShirt
02-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Roy's kid Scott was a walk-on at UNC. Was a bond trader in Charlotte and worked with one of my friends. Missed connecting with Scott during the Carmelo F4 in New Orleans, when Huck said he didn't give a Carolina about Carolina (for once we heartily agreed with Ole Roy).

Scott was courtside at a game (Duke?) in the Dean Dome when his dad was coaching and was booted out of his seats for heckling a ref. Didn't get Oakleyed out of the Dome, so he watched the rest of the game upstairs with family or friends.

Scott's work claim to fame was betting a colleague that he could gain more weight in a month. Was a high 4 figure pot Liar's Poker style. Forgot if Scott won or lost, but both gained around 20 pounds.

striker219
02-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Sean must have some pull - he probably needs TWO seats to attend games.

When you consider the relationship between mass and gravity, yeah, I'd say he probably does.

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-10-2017, 04:50 PM
When you consider the relationship between mass and gravity, yeah, I'd say he probably does.

I suspect Sean has never considered this relationship.

Indoor66
02-10-2017, 04:55 PM
I suspect Sean has never considered this relationship.

Yes he did. His response was: Huh?

Pghdukie
02-10-2017, 05:56 PM
Someone asked May "Is Pi 3.14 ? May said No, Apple "

Kdogg
02-10-2017, 06:13 PM
The fan must have done something that really crossed the line. May is on the UNC payroll so he's open game. If he was there as a fan that you be a different story. I've seen the envelope pushed at Cameron so wonder what the guy did to be removed.

mgtr
02-10-2017, 07:31 PM
Someone asked May "Is Pi 3.14 ? May said No, Apple "

Possibly he said "No, Pie are round!"

Reilly
02-10-2017, 08:01 PM
Is Pi 3.14?

"Yeah, I'll take 3 to 14 pies. Probably 14."

devildeac
02-10-2017, 11:25 PM
Wow, the language filter getting a real workout this evening. :o

BandAlum83
02-10-2017, 11:27 PM

Ha! Even your redacted tagline is wankerized! The wanker machine must be looking at what was redacted!

-jk
02-10-2017, 11:28 PM

Yeah - something happened with I tried to remove a unc fan's misspelling of "Duke". It seems to have passed (like a kidney stone).

-jk

devildeac
02-10-2017, 11:42 PM
Ha! Even your redacted tagline is wankerized! The wanker machine must be looking at what was redacted!

I have never had a redaction redacted before-a DBR first!

Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15
02-11-2017, 08:54 AM
I lost a post after a joke in the election thread.

Turk
02-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Yeah - something happened with I tried to remove a unc fan's misspelling of "Duke". It seems to have passed (like a kidney stone).

-jk

Ah, that explains the temporary dislike of the letter O. Those unc people are so clever, they kill me... <sigh>