PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Crazies - You Guys Were Awesome Last Night!

flyingdutchdevil
02-10-2017, 09:43 AM
I figured I'd start a thread congratulating the Cameron Crazies, who were magnificent last night. It looked loud, it sounded loud, and your free throw defense was incredible.

You deserve praise from all fans who watched the game and said to themselves, "I wish I was in the student section right now".

Also, given multiple threads/comments in the past on your less-than-stellar performance (I never agreed with them, FWIW), you deserve this one.

-jk
02-10-2017, 10:02 AM
I figured I'd start a thread congratulating the Cameron Crazies, who were magnificent last night. It looked loud, it sounded loud, and your free throw defense was incredible.

You deserve praise from all fans who watched the game and said to themselves, "I wish I was in the student section right now".

Also, given multiple threads/comments in the past on your less-than-stellar performance (I never agreed with them, FWIW), you deserve this one.

Indeed they were! And they were packed in so tightly they couldn't sit at halftime!

-jk

scottdude8
02-10-2017, 10:35 AM
Amen! My fiance is a non-Dukie and I keep trying to explain to her the incredible experience that is a Duke-UNC game in Cameron. Obviously it's something you can never quite understand until you've been there, but last night was one of those games when the Crazies intensity and volume seemingly came through the screen and into the living room. Well done!

On a side note, it's hard while watching on TV to hear any of the specific chants that aren't the usual ones... were there any that were particularly good?

Ima Facultiwyfe
02-10-2017, 10:38 AM
I have an old friend who always comes to the Duke game with Wanda Williams and sits behind the UNC bench. I keep an eye on her from my seat across the way. Last night's Crazie raucous was truly rough on them both. They had to hold their ears most of the second half. Cameron literally vibrated --- constantly --- so loud it sorta seemed quiet somehow.

Good job all evening, Crazies!
Love, Ima

alteran
02-10-2017, 10:57 AM
Indeed they were! And they were packed in so tightly they couldn't sit at halftime!

-jk

They were packed so tightly that a lot of them couldn't even face the court, they had to kind of tilt 45 degrees away. Amazing.

What a presence.

grossbus
02-10-2017, 11:20 AM
i concur. it was FANtastic

gam7
02-10-2017, 11:34 AM

-jk

The ole fire marshall getting soft!

jv001
02-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I watched the ESPN Game-Day show and when the camera went to the Crazies, the camera was bouncing from the noise they were making. The Crazies played their part in the big win last night. They deserve a big hard pat on the back. Go-Duke and Go-Crazies.

Utley
02-12-2017, 09:21 PM
So happy to see this thread.

I think Grayson's 3 at the end of the first half was huge for what it did for the energy of the crowd (along with he and Luke's 3 to start the 2nd half.)

Best prop I saw was a girl in an orange hat that read Make Cameron Crazy Again :).Also a huge shout out to the crazies who posed with us for pictures pre-game.

Only negative to me is moving the Cascada song from the 4 minute tv timeout to the 8 minute. I always felt that song did more to rev up the Crazies than any other.

moonpie23
02-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Thank you, crazies!!!!!!