PDA

View Full Version : Duke/UNC streaks

crimsondevil
02-09-2017, 04:09 PM
I like Barry Jacob's front page article, "Anything You Can Do We Can Do Better" about the curious advantage Duke seems to have during Roy's tenure in the first meeting of the season - 10 wins in 13 seasons.

Although, from the article:

The Blue Devils opened the series with a win last season, their fourth straight victory over UNC and longest run during Williams’ tenure. Before that Duke won five in a row from 1999 through 2000 with Bill Guthridge at the Heels’ helm.

The only longer string of Duke victories against Carolina came from 1962 through 1964, when Vic Bubas and Co. won seven consecutive times against teams coached by newcomer Dean Smith.

I believe Duke won 6 in a row spanning 2001-2003, starting with the second game of the '01 season (the game following Boozer's foot injury), the ACCT final that year, both games and the ACCT again in '02, and the first game in '03.

jimsumner
02-09-2017, 05:11 PM
I like Barry Jacob's front page article, "Anything You Can Do We Can Do Better" about the curious advantage Duke seems to have during Roy's tenure in the first meeting of the season - 10 wins in 13 seasons.

Although, from the article:

I believe Duke won 6 in a row spanning 2001-2003, starting with the second game of the '01 season (the game following Boozer's foot injury), the ACCT final that year, both games and the ACCT again in '02, and the first game in '03.

Duke won eight straight, starting 2-23-51 and going through 2-20-54.

FWIW.