PDA

View Full Version : Terrible news: Jabari Parker tears ACL again

WiJoe
02-09-2017, 03:01 PM
Very sad.

https://twitter.com/Bucks

kAzE
02-09-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm a nervous wreck today from the anticipation of the game . . . now I'm just too depressed to get psyched up. This f***ing sucks.

Edouble
02-09-2017, 03:19 PM
So disappointed. I can't imagine how Jabari must be feeling.

Ichabod Drain
02-09-2017, 03:21 PM
He was having such an amazing year. I'm sad now.

Billy Dat
02-09-2017, 03:22 PM
12 months...that is so brutal. He's still on his rookie contract and would have been due for a huge pay raise very soon.

Billy Dat
02-09-2017, 03:43 PM
Fantastic long "Ringer" profile on Jabari, posted today but not focused on his injury, rather his intellectual, spiritual and basketball devlopment...really interesting kid, another alum to be very proud of

https://theringer.com/nba-milwaukee-bucks-jabari-parker-basketball-and-political-awakening-bea7f0d34a8#.me49eegye

rocketeli
02-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Fantastic long "Ringer" profile on Jabari, posted today but not focused on his injury, rather his intellectual, spiritual and basketball devlopment...really interesting kid, another alum to be very proud of

https://theringer.com/nba-milwaukee-bucks-jabari-parker-basketball-and-political-awakening-bea7f0d34a8#.me49eegye

Jabari's a great guy and so sorry to hear about his knee injury, but a minor point he's not an "alum" which refers to someone who graduated.

NashvilleDevil
02-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Jabari's a great guy and so sorry to hear about his knee injury, but a minor point he's not an "alum" which refers to someone who graduated.

From the OED:

alumnus, noun: A former pupil or student of a particular school, college, or university.

Jabari is certainly a former student at Duke.

El_Diablo
02-09-2017, 05:00 PM

Nope, he's an alum.

Merriam-Webster:
Definition of alumnus
1: a person who has attended or has graduated from a particular school, college, or university <an alumnus of Columbia University> —usually used of a man in the singular but often of men and women in the plural
2: a person who is a former member, employee, contributor, or inmate <a Saturday Night Live alumnus>

Dictionary.com:
alumnus
[uh-luhm-nuh s]
noun, plural alumni
[uh-luhm-nahy, -nee] (Show IPA)
1.a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
2.a former associate, employee, member, or the like: He invited all the alumni of the library staff to the party.

Oxford:
alumnus
noun
1A former pupil or student, especially a male one, of a particular school, college, or university:
‘a Harvard alumnus’
‘a mixture of news about the University and articles by alumni’
1.1 A former member of a group, company, or organization:
‘a Royal Ballet alumnus’
‘the Pop Idol alumnus revealed a hitherto hidden falsetto’

dukelifer
02-09-2017, 06:19 PM
He was having such an amazing year. I'm sad now.

Very sad news. What he has done after his first injury was impressive. Not sure he will be able to manage two reconstructions on the same knee and be the same kind of player - but then again I thought Livingston would not have along career. Some athletes have bad knees - just bad genetics. He is such a good player. I suppose he is an example of why you may need to leave after your freshman year. If this had happened at Duke- he would have just had the insurance. He was able to sign a lucrative shoe deal before being drafted. All the best to him after this heartbreaking setback.

subzero02
02-09-2017, 06:40 PM
12 months...that is so brutal. He's still on his rookie contract and would have been due for a huge pay raise very soon.

There's a good chance this injury will cost him tens of millions in future salary. Terrible news.

Troublemaker
02-09-2017, 06:50 PM
What a bummer. The same ACL, too. That's really bad luck because I think it's supposed to be stronger after the first tear.